• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad Scorpion Appreciation Grow Event 2010

Aji Chombo said:
One of my seedlings died at the weekend. :(

I'm down to one Trini, though this one is going strong. Gonna have to keep a close eye on it.

Is it too late in the season to start new Chinense seeds?

Its never too late to start seeds, especially if you dont mind over wintering them if the need arises :D

ultravista said:
I would love to grow a Trinidad Scorpion ... is anyone willing to donate a few seeds? PM me if you can ...

PM Sent

Here are four of mine that made it through their bad parenting. One in the big pot up front and three in the little pot. All four are yellow cardi.

SDC10280.jpg

For bad parenting they look healthy MWM, keep it up! Neglect those children, yell at them, make them get up early and sit under the hot lights for 16 hours straight without a pee break then suddenly turn the lights off on them. LOL

updated charts.. i've added average germination days by temperature as well... Hey AJ - I was reading through the report that you posted early on in this thread and they used the same software I use all day at work! I think at the end of the season I'll be running this data through and coming up with some fancy pants stuff :D I've got my MAC back today (yaay!) so the charts look a little different than before..

SVG100310.jpg

averagegerm.jpg

oops.. just realised there's two entries for pepperfever as the spelling is different. i'll fix up the spreadsheet and this will be represented in the next chart I post.

:confused: I have a Question, Should I give up on the T.Scorps that haven't germinated yet?I have 2 in 3" pots now at 4 weeks more or less. All was started on 2/10.Suggestions?

WGB, did you get any to germinate at all? If you did I would say scrap whats left. I think AJ gives them 21ish day and after that they are lost. Most of mine have sprouted in 21 days or so, some took long though. I have 11 Scorpion Reds and 7 Yellow CARDI's now so I am done waiting/hoping for anymore to come along since I am pretty much out of room.

So far so good. Of the 8 Scorpions I have in red cups, these are the 3 I intend to keep through the summer. Next to them are their 1 gallon, near future homes.

DSCF2578.jpg

Ballzworth said:
So far so good. Of the 8 Scorpions I have in red cups, these are the 3 I intend to keep through the summer. Next to them are their 1 gallon, near future homes.

DSCF2578.jpg
Why cul any of them? I am keeping al 63 of my pepper plants that sprouted. I am going to plant them all in my garden.

Mjdtexan said:
Why cul any of them? I am keeping al 63 of my pepper plants that sprouted. I am going to plant them all in my garden.

If only I had that option. I have 25 varieties of peppers and I germinated about 8 of each to keep the best ones. I'll Keep 2 or 3 of each in gardens that can hold about 30. Plus 30 Containers. I'll be pushing the limits as it is.

Hate to see any of them go, but at least I know I'm getting my choice of the best ones.....call it survival of the fittest.

Ballzworth said:
If only I had that option. I have 25 varieties of peppers and I germinated about 8 of each to keep the best ones. I'll Keep 2 or 3 of each in gardens that can hold about 30. Plus 30 Containers. I'll be pushing the limits as it is.

Hate to see any of them go, but at least I know I'm getting my choice of the best ones.....call it survival of the fittest.
Thats still a lot of plants you will be having. You should have plenty of peppers.

Silver_Surfer said:
:lol: AJ broke the scale long ago.

that was the mirror

WGB said:
:confused: I have a Question, Should I give up on the T.Scorps that haven't germinated yet?I have 2 in 3" pots now at 4 weeks more or less. All was started on 2/10.Suggestions?

they get 21 days or until I transplant the seed starting tray they are in....then they are history...

Matt50680 said:
I think AJ gives them 21ish day and after that they are lost.

bingo

Thanks! :)

It's growing as if it had a mission in life (to win, I tells ya! or at least to scare the people at work :lol:). It's actually giving the Ring of Fire Cayenne seedling next to it a run for it's money, and that one is a very fast grower!

Back