• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2017 glog

Stage 01: Selecting seeds for this season's grow is a hassle. Cutting back a little for sure. If I can.

selecting18012017.jpg

Plan is to sow them sometime around 25th next week.

Second transplanting today... put 25 seedlings into solo cups. Some of them are not germinating as I'd like (only got one seedling), but still - I have a lot of plants already and all is good.

transplantstwo21022017.jpg

The ones transplanted: Bhut Jolokia, Fatalii, Fresno, Aji Umba, Goatsweed, Habanero White, Moa, Habanero Chocolate, Naganero and Hot Hearts.

tsurrie said:
Another late sprouts: Hot Wax, Manzano, Caribbean Red and Jalapeno.
Better late than never... woooo hooooo :dance:

Alright Uros! I'm thinking you're gonna love the Manzanos. They're juicy and really hot, and have a unique flavor that's hard to describe... it kinda reminds me of a cross between apricots and black beans. Cheers!

I'm sorry to say, but Manzano didn't do very well over the last few days and gave out....sh@t .... some didn't sprout.. like Pequin, Bonda ma Jacques, a few others and some sweets.... will try again next season with those

On a brighter note, I transplanted another 20 plants today.... like Habanero Orange, Fatalii, Hot Wax, Fresno, Caribbean Red Hab and Jalapeno.

Now I'm done with peppers and planning when to sow tomatoes.... one of these days for sure.

A few of them plants...

Devinne
devinne03032017.jpg

Gochu
gochu03032017.jpg

Habanero Chocolate x Peach Tiger Tooth
habchocopeachtiger.jpg

Madame Jeanette x Malaysian Goronong
mjeanettexgor03032017.jpg

stickman said:
Dang! Sorry to hear the Pequins didn't make it for you Uros. :(  I had a similar experience with the C. Galapagoense seeds I started. Oh well... at least the Gochus look happy and healthy.

I'll try next year with a few more seeds to up the chances. It happens and yes, Gochus look they got it going on and they are one of the tallest plants beside Kapija's. Will post later on how they grow, usually the annums grow better.

Another worthy information would be that this is the first season I'm using my led lights from 8am to 11pm constantly, and the plants seem bushier right from the start. Usually I used the light from the window beside the grow box and when it got dark (these days that's around 6pm) switched to led's untill 11pm. I bet it makes a difference right from the start.

S'right brother... s#!& happens. Good on ya for keeping the lights on as long as you can afford. I think the light we provide is more energetic than the low-angle sunlight we get this time of year... at least at short range.

Sprouts look great, and all of us have the "no shows".

And then of course we have the "all shows" where every seed germs and we're separating seedlings, thinning etc. I wound up with more than 20 extras to give away. And wound up with a few no shows. It's all good! We always wind up with too many anyways ;)

stickman said:
S'right brother... s#!& happens. Good on ya for keeping the lights on as long as you can afford. I think the light we provide is more energetic than the low-angle sunlight we get this time of year... at least at short range.
Looks like it. The sunlight is very rare these days and it doesn't hit them in the right angle I guess.

Devv said:
Sprouts look great, and all of us have the "no shows".

And then of course we have the "all shows" where every seed germs and we're separating seedlings, thinning etc. I wound up with more than 20 extras to give away. And wound up with a few no shows. It's all good! We always wind up with too many anyways ;)
Thanks. :)

Trident chilli said:
All looking good Uros ... shame about the "no shows" hopefully you have time to re-sow
Thanks man. Won't be re-sowing since I already have enough plants and there is not enough time left this season. But it will be hard to wait for next year's chance.

Superhot Sim said:
Some great looking plants there and all seem really healthy , good luck for the season.

Thanks Sim. The plants seem to grow well and I just threw a few of tomato seeds in the dirt the other day to join in. So I hope they sprout soon because the dirt day is in the beginning of may over here...

Back