• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Variety you are most excited about for 2016

I'm pretty stoked for all of mine..the ones that stand out though are 7 pod Bubblegum, Chocolate Moruga, Cinnamon Bell, and Caramel 7 pod and Reaper (i waited to see if the strain would stabalize). All those came from Pepperlover. I have a few seeds from previous years that were open pollinated so I can't wait to see what happened. (ie my Pimenta de Neydes, Morugas,) and I have some Nagas that grew some crazy spikes that I'm only at F2. All in all..pretty excited for all my seeds..can't wait!

I've decided I like "Big Crunchy Baccatums" more than anything else.

I've got about a dozen new varieties to try.
Aji Imbabura, Colorado, Cochabamba, Santa Cruz, Queen Laury etc. all sound interesting. 
Also wanna try Dedo de Moca and Blondie, if I can find seeds...
There are a few I haven't yet bought from Judy's that also look tempting. Might have to get some Aji Mango, Bolivian Orange, Ají Melocotón, etc...

Got some R-Nacky seeds from Tom that supposedly do fairly well in the mid-summer heat.  Pods of any sort in July would be a real treat!

CGN21566
Madame Jeanette (the real deal from Meatfreak)
Mme Jeanette x Goronong (kindly shared by generous THP folk)
Tehrani,
Melih-Helow,
Maras,
Palmyra, (all the interesting Turkish and Syrian stuff from Judy/pepperlover that I tried to grow this year but never got to fruiting.)

Genetikx said:
Tried and true favorites. No reds please

Chocolate Habanero
Mustard Habanero
Bahamian Goat
BOC
Scotch Bonnet MOA

Really.  I find that reds have a sweeter flavor, but that may just be me.  I don't know about the supers though, to hot to taste fresh for me.

roper2008 said:

Really.  I find that reds have a sweeter flavor, but that may just be me.  I don't know about the supers though, to hot to taste fresh for me.
It's maybe more of an annoyance that every "not" I grew this year that should have been yellow, peach or orange ended up red. I was giving away red pods all over town. I'm also with you on the supers, can't take much of them so I'm going back to hab-land

SmokenFire said:

I seem to recall hearing about this pepper, but I never did get seeds...  

Pepper I'm probably looking forward to most next year is the Aji Jobito.  Well, that and the rest of the collection that came from Lindberg.   ;)

That's because I suck.

The only people who I have sent seeds to (so far) were JHP, 1010, FB, JayT, and D3 ... basically, the people whom I sent other things to, and I just threw them in the box ...

I will, however, send you yours, now, out of shame ... and because its you, seasoning-maker of half my food =)

Hmmmm, I guess these are top of my list,

C.tovarii - I have a plant I`m trying to O/W
C.lanceolatum - I got 7 pods this year, so hoping for 8 next year. I found this to be the most difficult Capsicum I`ve ever grown
C.cardenasii - still searching for the elusive pure cardenasii after growing 7 or 8 F1 cardenasii hybrids, so far

I'm fairly new to serious pepper growing.  So almost everything will be exciting.  However, I've heard Bahamian Goat is a must for the serious grower.  I'm also looking forward to shishito, shu, red pumpkin, all the ornamental types.  Too bad winter haven't officially started here yet.  Guess I'll just have to be patient. ;)

I seem to recall hearing about this pepper, but I never did get seeds...  

Pepper I'm probably looking forward to most next year is the Aji Jobito.  Well, that and the rest of the collection that came from Lindberg.   ;)
Have you started germinating the Lindberg's yet? I am getting a real low rate, but that is probably just me. I have had better luck with the Jobito and the Rosita Rojo.

This year I have turned down the SHU wick and am on the hunt for more great mid range varieties (TS CARDI my all time favourite).

Drooling just reading through this thread!  

I am very much looking forward to growing the following varieties, all new to me (tried and failed with MOA when the seeds first broke a couple of seasons back)...

Scotch Bonnet MOA (Yellow & Red)
Orange Blob
Peach Congo

and a host of new baccas, including

Madre Vieja
Birgit´s Locoto
Brazilian Starfish

Also, perhaps most exciting of all will be growing out my own first cross attempt Lemon Drop x Aji White Fantasy (crossed in both directions)... hoping Lemon Drop Fantasy is a winner!

bpiela said:
Have you started germinating the Lindberg's yet? I am getting a real low rate, but that is probably just me. I have had better luck with the Jobito and the Rosita Rojo.

I have not.  Won't get to them for another 8 weeks at the earliest I'd imagine.  I'll start up another glog and chronicle results there.  :)

Back