• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vegas's Glog... Aerogarden is a success! Winter preparations are almost set!

Ok here we go, this will be my first year growing chilies. I've already started, but I needed a place to document so here's my list:

-7 pot white (Old Barn Nursery)
-7 pot yellow (SanPatricio)
-7 pot red (SanPatricio)
-7pot Jonah (SanPatricio)
-El oro de Ecuador ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Thai white (CG, Squash1544)
-Caribbean red habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Choco habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-habanero red/yellow (Burpee® seed pack)
-Brown bhut (SanPatricio)
-Peach bhut/scorpion mixed seeds (SanPatricio)
-Thai hot (cousin's nursery)
-White habanero (eBay, award winning seed)
-Trinidad perfume ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Tepin (store pods)
-Pequin (store pods)

Wanted :

-Choco bonnet
-Choco hand grenade (ajijoe)
-Peach habanero
-Lemon habanero
-Jamaican Scotch bonnet

That's about it. If anyone has seeds that I want PM me or post. I have seeds that I can trade. I'll probably do PayPal, only if I can't really get them or they're hard to obtain. Thanks for looking.

,Vegas

Devv said:
Nice update and huge root system!

I the weather favorable to put them outside?
Thanks Scott!

The weather has been nice lately, but I'm not sure if I want to take it outside, I need to harden off I suppose. We usually get snow on Mt. Charleston around mid October to November somewhere around that time. We don't get any snow in the city, but it does get real cold (around low 40's to mid 30's) so I'd say it's really not worth it even tho I'd like to these last few days but... meh... I think I'll just leave it indoors, and when. It's close to spring I'll try trasplant to soil to see what happens.

Hope you have a great week!

, Walter

Wow, I figured your weather would be more inline with mine. This time of year mornings are 55°-75° with highs of 80°-90°

Haven't forgotten about you, just waiting on the pods to get color.

Have a great week!

Devv said:
Wow, I figured your weather would be more inline with mine. This time of year mornings are 55°-75° with highs of 80°-90°

Haven't forgotten about you, just waiting on the pods to get color.

Have a great week!
Yeah it sounds about right, here's my weather forecast for the week.

Screenshot_2013-10-09-16-40-00.png

Thanks a lot on the pods man!

, Walter

Devv said:
Wow, you're cooler than we are...

Yes sir... I noticed that the weather here heats up too fast and cools too fast. For me it might be a short window to get my plants to pod up outside.
Solem22 said:
Everything looks great Walter. Keep up the good work.  :dance:
Thanks for stopping by man! We're looking good so far for the winter :party: .

Thanks for the replies.

Here's a small update @ one week after setting up everything.

The bhut is flower still and not setting pods... I believe it's due to me not taking care of the water level and doing the water change on time. Gotta get my game on lol.

Bhut peach.

20131011_201659.jpg

20131011_201816.jpg

20131011_201745.jpg

Choco big bang naga. This one got a good prune since it got leggy and it wouldn't be able to carry fruit so I cut it back and I love the way it's turning out.

Before: 10/3/13

IMG-20131003-WA0016.jpg

After: 10/11/13

20131011_080545.jpg

Bubblegum 7 pot. I'm really loving the looks on this one and not to mention the abuse it's taken. A week ago I transplanted and had ZERO buds and now it's blowing up with buds everywhere. Denniz said this one would be F4. So now let's see how it turns out ;).

20131011_202531.jpg

Poor pic of the buds...

20131011_203013.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
Yes sir... I noticed that the weather here heats up too fast and cools too fast. For me it might be a short window to get my plants to pod up outside.

Thanks for stopping by man! We're looking good so far for the winter :party: .

Thanks for the replies.

Here's a small update @ one week after setting up everything.

The bhut is flower still and not setting pods... I believe it's due to me not taking care of the water level and doing the water change on time. Gotta get my game on lol.

Bhut peach.

20131011_201659.jpg

20131011_201816.jpg

20131011_201745.jpg

Choco big bang naga. This one got a good prune since it got leggy and it wouldn't be able to carry fruit so I cut it back and I love the way it's turning out.

Before: 10/3/13

IMG-20131003-WA0016.jpg

After: 10/11/13

20131011_080545.jpg

Bubblegum 7 pot. I'm really loving the looks on this one and not to mention the abuse it's taken. A week ago I transplanted and had ZERO buds and now it's blowing up with buds everywhere. Denniz said this one would be F4. So now let's see how it turns out ;).

20131011_202531.jpg

Poor pic of the buds...

20131011_203013.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

, Walter
Great pic Vegas and all the plants look super healthy.  Do you grow them indoor with light?

megahot said:
Your plants are looking awesome Vegas! I didnt know you were growing BB7 pot! Way cool bro!
Thanks Jon! Yup, since I got my hand on some seed they went right to the aerogarden ;). Can't wait to see yours full of pods.

justecila said:
Great pic Vegas and all the plants look super healthy.  Do you grow them indoor with light?
Hey Alice! Yup all indoors, I'm giving DWC a go. I like it so far. Thanks for dropping by. Take care.

Devv said:
Looking good Walter!

Gonna hydro them all the way?

Have a great week!
Yes sir! All the way at least for winter and then try transplanting to soil. Electricity is expensive during summer not to mention the a/c... lol...

I'm Loving it so far. Hope this time I get something lol. I'm a brownthumb lmao...

, Walter

Back