• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Vegas's Glog... Aerogarden is a success! Winter preparations are almost set!

Ok here we go, this will be my first year growing chilies. I've already started, but I needed a place to document so here's my list:

-7 pot white (Old Barn Nursery)
-7 pot yellow (SanPatricio)
-7 pot red (SanPatricio)
-7pot Jonah (SanPatricio)
-El oro de Ecuador ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Thai white (CG, Squash1544)
-Caribbean red habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Choco habanero ( Old Barn Nursery)
-habanero red/yellow (Burpee® seed pack)
-Brown bhut (SanPatricio)
-Peach bhut/scorpion mixed seeds (SanPatricio)
-Thai hot (cousin's nursery)
-White habanero (eBay, award winning seed)
-Trinidad perfume ( Old Barn Nursery)
-Tepin (store pods)
-Pequin (store pods)

Wanted :

-Choco bonnet
-Choco hand grenade (ajijoe)
-Peach habanero
-Lemon habanero
-Jamaican Scotch bonnet

That's about it. If anyone has seeds that I want PM me or post. I have seeds that I can trade. I'll probably do PayPal, only if I can't really get them or they're hard to obtain. Thanks for looking.

,Vegas

GA Growhead said:
The JHC leaves are pretty! Peach bhut looks bhut-ish for sure.
Nice plants my friend. Can scratch the attempt part, as you are doing it well!
Thanks Jay! Both the choco big bang and the peach bhut are taking off nicely.

The big bang I put it in it's own bucket like 3 weeks ago, and now I see a bud and it's forking already.

The peach bhut is 6 weeks old since it popped the shell and it's also forking and I can see the start of a bud as well.

All I can say is I'm happy with the results, and I'm glad I gave it a try. Pics.

Mild update, the plants indoors are doing awesome. Looks like it's indoors for me til next season, and I'm pretty sure that at this pace I'll be getting pods this fall and hopefully all winter. Here's a few pics.

Bhut peach. (Smokemaster said the seed pack was a 50/50 so it can also be a red bhut oh well :D )

20130808_073239.jpg

Choco "Big Bang" Naga.

20130808_073914.jpg

Jamaican hot chocolate.

20130806_213553.jpg

I'll post pics of the little ones later today when I get home.

I have 3 bubblegum sprouts, 1 MoA, 1 choco bhut, 1 choco habajolokia.

, Walter

Walter,

It's all about figuring out what you can do with what you have. I think you're well on your way! Get those plants ready for when the weather IS acceptable for putting them outdoors in your area....which is not a nice environment during the summer.

Hat's off to you!

Devv said:
Walter,

It's all about figuring out what you can do with what you have. I think you're well on your way! Get those plants ready for when the weather IS acceptable for putting them outdoors in your area....which is not a nice environment during the summer.

Hat's off to you!
Thanks Scott! It's hard being the first year, but on the bright side I've learned a lot. Saw the mistakes and found a solution. Next year I hope things turn out good, as for now... my winter preparation has started :D .

Ok scratch my original list lol! Here's my new one for the fall and winter indoors.
● Bubblegum 7
● Choco " big bang" naga
● Choco Bhut
● Choco Habajolokia
● Jamaican hot chocolate
● MoA Scotch bonnet
● Peach bhut

Choco "big bang" naga.

20130812_135355.jpg

20130813_194944.jpg

Bubblegum 7 #1

20130813_194729.jpg

Bubblegum 7 #2

20130813_194845.jpg

Bubblegum 7 #3

20130813_194905.jpg

MoA Scotch bonnet.

20130813_194814.jpg

Choco Bhut

20130813_194826.jpg

Choco Habajolokia

20130813_194933.jpg

Group shot.

20130813_194653.jpg

, Walter

All's I can say is looking good!

Those babies will be happy outside in a few weeks when the temps come down.

This is my first year too, so yeah, a learning curve. Glad to see you're on your way!

Have a great weekend!

Finally getting caught up. Plants look really good. I pulled a few choc big bangs. Will try to get some pictures of them up tomorrow on my glog.
Good list you go going!

Those leaves are monsters. Wow!!! Good job. Nice. Bubblegum Watch out. As they will branch out on their own without topping. Wish you continued success. Plenty of jungle juice nutes at my hydro. Why not use amazon?!

Devv said:
All's I can say is looking good!

Those babies will be happy outside in a few weeks when the temps come down.

This is my first year too, so yeah, a learning curve. Glad to see you're on your way!

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Scott! Actually I'd like to take these out, but I want to keep them indoors to avoid pests in the winter. You're doing an awesome job for your first year, especially with that super soil you built.
GA Growhead said:
Finally getting caught up. Plants look really good. I pulled a few choc big bangs. Will try to get some pictures of them up tomorrow on my glog.
Good list you go going!
Thanks Jay! I saw your review, still I feel convinced to keep growing it as I got the seed from a different source. Plant is looking nice an healthy btw. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Those leaves are monsters. Wow!!! Good job. Nice. Bubblegum Watch out. As they will branch out on their own without topping. Wish you continued success. Plenty of jungle juice nutes at my hydro. Why not use amazon?!
Thanks Denniz! Thanks for the heads up! That'll be nice to see on the bubblegums. I hope to decide this weekend for nutes as I'm running out of the aerogarden nutes. What's your hydro store name?

Ok some things are looking good, and some are getting out of hand lol. As always the unexpected happens. Here's a few pics of my plants, so far they love the care I'm giving them. Yet I need to think quick about what setup I need/want for 10 plants. Right now I'm leaning towards DWC, but idk if there's something else more eady or beneficial. Anyway here's the pics.

Choco big bang Naga.

20130820_175406.jpg

20130820_174401.jpg

Bhut jolokia peach.

20130820_175804.jpg

Dang, I always kept forgetting, this one was low on water so I just gave it a water change.

20130820_181014.jpg

Aerogarden.

8/12/2013. 9 day time lapse.

20130812_134806.jpg

8/21/2013

20130821_212544.jpg

Group shot.

20130821_212638.jpg

Big thanks to Wes (Joemomma) for giving me an opportunity to try out his not bubblegum hybrid and his pecan smoked bhut powder. :party:

Messenger_5776100106668746691_13771295802109290.jpg

, Walter

Devv said:
Plants look fantastic!

Hydro is out of my league for sure, but I see you're making it work in a wonderful way! (just a dirt guy ;) )

Nice score on the powder and pods...enjoy!
Thanks Scott!

I'm using the aerogarden nutes that seem to be some type of "drop it in and it's good" LOL. I desperately need to go to the hydro shop TODAY, these things are getting insanely big and I need to buy al least 3gal buckets and nutes. Otherwise I'm gonna have to battle it out til I can rig something or.... shyt I don't even know LOL. My wife is very understanding tho... I just tell her we "need" to give it a lil bit of life indoors and for Christmas we should just put lights all over... We'll see :D.

, Walter

Jamison said:
Some very healthy foliage there brotha! Plants are looking stellar.
Thanks Jamison! Let's hope they make pods, especially the MoA which is the one I'm anxious to try. I hope to get pods, isolate and do what Steve did and still is, worldwide distribution :D.
Nightshade said:
Very cool I'm growing outdoors right now using a misting system and shade coverings and winter using a greenhouse and an electric heater
Thanks man! I really wish I lived in a house or own one. That way I wouldn't have these issues. I feel ya on the misting and shade covers, just impossible at my apt, besides that I don't get very good exposure to the sun. Lots of obstacles... indoors is my thing.

What kind of misting setup do you have? I seen one at Home depot that you just slip a tube in a reservoir and this square thing makes the pressure to the line where the misters are. And works like a charm. Some people at that outdoor swapmeet at pecos and LV Blvd, use them. Hope all is good with your grow. Later.

, Walter

It's like 11 bucks at Wal-Mart and I bought a timer. It's hose with some nozzles and one end you attach like a hose to the faucet where your hose would attach

Nightshade said:
It's like 11 bucks at Wal-Mart and I bought a timer. It's hose with some nozzles and one end you attach like a hose to the faucet where your hose would attach
The one I saw was different, idk I might try something next year. I wish we can meet up sometime and talk and share ideas.

Time for a little update. Plants are doing well, and now I only need to decide on what size container/reservoir I want to use and it's kinda hard to decide. Too many varieties is one and space. I don't care lol, I know I'll rig something up soon a get all this jazz done.

Right now I was using the Aerogarden nutes and now I'm switching over to GH FloraDuo A and B. Hope everything goes well. Any of you hydro guys use meters to measure PPM, EC, PH, temp, etc? Here are some pics.

-Bhut peach (might be a red bhut).

20130902_231511.jpg

-Bhut chocolate. (Don't mind the Folgers :D)

20130902_231148.jpg

20130902_231337.jpg

-Jamaican hot chocolate. (Don't mind the Folgers :D)

20130902_231304.jpg

-3x bubblegum 7 and 1x MoA scotch bonnet. (MoA is the one I'm holding the leaves up. Top/right. )

20130902_232042.jpg

Here are the nutes I'm gona be using.

20130826_210541.jpg

Pics of the rest later. Thanks for stopping by :party: .

, Walter

GA Growhead said:
Damn they grow fast!

Thanks Jay!
Dot Com said:
those plants are loving the set-up you have, lights, containers, & nutrients.

Dot Com It's hard to believe I'm only using a 45W LED panel I built myself with Chinese LEDs last year ;).

Here's a pic of the bunch, most of my oldest indoor plants. That's how they will be till I decide what kind of rig or setup I want to do. (5 plants under LED).

20130903_080140.jpg

Here's my biggest plant. The choco big bang Naga.

20130903_082246.jpg

And here is my first ever plant I bought it a year ago in August. It had a harsh time with the high temps and being in a 5gal. pot root bounded, and now it's in a wally bag ;). (Tepin)

20130903_085310.jpg

, Walter

Well, not much happening as usual. I just kinda organized the hydro stuff, and finally put up the T5's.

Just a few shots.

Peach bhut (possibly red bhut) is flowering like there's no tomorrow LOL. I can't even get myself to count flowers. The flowers weren't making enough pollen I'd say so I took some pollen from a tepin and did all or most open flowers hoping them to set. Here's a few pics.

20131004_205729.jpg

20131004_211630.jpg

20131004_211538.jpg

The rest aren't as well developed as the bhut since I haven't put them in their permanent container or didn't have enough light before.

Group shot.

20131001_002816.jpg

The bubblegum 7pot started flowering in the aerogarden, I sadly had to take it out to put it in its own container. Here's how the flower looked and seems to be the same pheno from the one Denniz has. The seed came from a pod he sent me when I won HH's giveaway when his daughter was being welcomed to this world. Pics of the flower.

Still in the aerogarden, ready to get pulled out.

20130930_153338.jpg

Canopy.

20130930_153304.jpg

Plant at roughly 22 inches.

20130930_153718.jpg

Roots.

20130930_153725.jpg

Flower.

20130930_121521.jpg

More stuff later today, hope everyone has a good day.

, Walter

Back