• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! Burger Royale Beef Burger

Best beef burger?

• Melium - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__st__2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wheebz - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__st__6

• keybrdkid09 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• Joshuap2000 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger-royale-round-1-beef/page__

• habaneroheat81 and NW Posse Sous-Chefs - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/31155-begin-burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wrightdaddy's burger:

This is a chilihead burger. How many brought the intense heat?

Trinidad Scorpion mayo with AJ's puree. If you've had AJ's purees you know they are the bomb. Simple pepper flavor and crazy heat. This simple addition could be putting it on top. But no, then we have...

Classic toppings, bacon and cheese (pepper jack, more heat), tomato... so some burger familiarity for comfort... then...

"Sauteed hatch green chiles and jalapenos with onions cooked in the bacon grease" okay, this! More heat, texture, and flavor. And in the bacon grease.

And guacamole for another creamy texture, and to fool you into cooling your tongue, because it has Scovie's powder.

This, all atop a nicely cooked burger (M to MR, and you can see the sear/crust) on a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.

Now stop asking why this is winning! :lol:

If only he had...... :P

wrightdaddy's burger:

This is a chilihead burger. How many brought the intense heat?

Trinidad Scorpion mayo with AJ's puree. If you've had AJ's purees you know they are the bomb. Simple pepper flavor and crazy heat. This simple addition could be putting it on top. But no, then we have...

Classic toppings, bacon and cheese (pepper jack, more heat), tomato... so some burger familiarity for comfort... then...

"Sauteed hatch green chiles and jalapenos with onions cooked in the bacon grease" okay, this! More heat, texture, and flavor. And in the bacon grease.

And guacamole for another creamy texture, and to fool you into cooling your tongue, because it has Scovie's powder.

This, all atop a nicely cooked burger (M to MR, and you can see the sear/crust) on a potato bun.

Now stop asking why this is winning! :lol:

wrightdaddy if you win you deserve it. This burger is THP approved. Good luck
Wow!! Thanx boss. I realy appreciate everyone's vote. I had a great time making this burger and participating in my first TD. I can't wait for next weekend not quite sure what to do for a veggie burger but ill figure something out. I thought everybody did a great job and it was great that we had so many entries let's keep it up for next week.

I thought it sucked! It had absolute no grilled spicy teryaki pineapple on it.
:rofl:

I keed, I keed!
:dance:

An outstanding looking entry & as worthy of a crown as any here. :cheers:

Need to rummy-nate about it a little more.

fify ;)

I liked your slider idea, but I'm not a fan of runny snotty eggs. Even on the quat-stacker, I made sure to get a piece that didn't have egg yolk on it. I think that came from too many years in the restaurant business where you sit down to eat breakfast and then the rush comes in, so breakfast has to wait. Cold runny eggs= :sick: Now I eat eggs over crispy. But your bacon cup was a great idea to get the egg onto the slider.

X2

Egads! I CAN NOT decide! There are a lot of great entries! I would vote for Dirty Anny, because that s@*t tasted soooooooooo GOOOOOOOOD!.......but Mr. Sic has told me how much trouble I would be in if I vote for his burger because I AM biased.......
What to do! What to do.......... :eh:

I voted for YOU cuz it made me drool! :)

It came down to just 2 for me.

Fitty and Kat.

Fitty ground his own beef, baked his own bread, made his own salsa, almost everythang but the cheese. Out of the box burger and in my mind the flavors just work. The only knock I give him would that the burger is more done than I like to be liking.

Kat's B & B burger, well she made the bun, cooked a quality burger the way I like it and her presentation was straight up no frills rock n' roll. The only thing I can gig her on was she didn't grind her own beef.

But I love blue cheese more than jerk.

Kat gets my vote.

I would have liked WD's but I don't like guac on a burger. DTS was also in the running as were a few others.

Lots of great burgers posted and the newbies made as good a showing as anyone.

For those about to rock the next t-down, I salute you!

Thank you SO much TB! I DID have it custom ground for me though... if that helps you sleep better :)

Just about 3 hours... (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Let's get to 75! Those 11 could change things!

Lucky for You, Pauly! I'm jealous, I hear they're classic. We don't have a burger joint within 40 miles. Prolly a good thing or I'd look like JabaTheHut.

DTS, Great to see you back in the game with FRIES and onion sauce on that burger. It was one of my finalists~

Do we have a new definition- "Ja-Bootsied" ?

DTS. Par cooked fries from a frozen bag tisk tisk. :shame:

Hand cut and beer battered... you'd see those votes! Was bangin'.

looks like TB used pre-shredded cabbage with carrots for his cole slaw. :shame:

Edit- delete- edit... :silenced:

[sub]comment about gringing their own meat....[/sub]

MOVING ON!!!!!!!!!! :silenced:

I'll shame myself for using a Wally World Pablano..... :shocked:

Two votes! I'm coming for you WD! :crazy:

This TD has all the makings of a modern day Watergate....... :shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back