• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Vote! frydad4's Wild Waffle Throwdown

Vote for the best waffle creation.

• geeme - Is Dan The Man?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoeyK - Aus-Espanya Waffle

• wheebz - wheebz giant waffle finger disaster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im in, all we got here is frozen waffles, but it'll do! :D quick Q, by waffle, do you mean only allowed one waffle or are we allowed multiple waffles?

Teaser

P1000754.jpg

Not going to use the sauce any more, added few other ingredients too

Thanks Paulky :) I don't care if THP's examples were a giveaway or not. I'm doing what I planned anyway cause I get to eat it.

LogChief the rabble-rouser! :lol:

Yay, April! First teaser picture! And Perko's in on the action also. Nice. Fwiw, I'm using more than one waffle.

We'll be cooking it up today with double (or maybe TRIPLE) the mess.

Had another go at that horrible 5 Non-peppered Bloody Mary mix this morning. I ended up throwing out half of the glass last night. It has to be pretty bad before I commit alcohol abuse by throwing something out, so that ought to tell you how bad it was with the extra Worchestershire sauce. This morning, I just used the mix, vodka, 2 generous taps of fatalii powder and a splash of Ghost Fire hot sauce. It has a zing but the Worchestershire is still too strong for my taste. Gonna have to make a trip to the store for tomato juice and go it on my own, no mix.

My un-waffling opinion of this mix- do NOT buy the "extra spicy 5 pepper with Cholulas" bloody mary mix! This is not Mr&Mrs T's brand, it is some other "Master of Mixers" or something brand.

Gotta iron out some biz details then, back to WAFFLES!

nice nickels, pauly,

and interesting ingredients.....what's in the baggie next to the tomatoes?

Where are all of the teaser pics?

The 2 I see look nice, if there is only going to be a limited number of entries it'll make voting easier.

Hey thanks for the kind words everyone. Why does photobucket take 400000000000000000 years to load pictures?

Tazzie Deviled Waffle

1 cup self raising flour, sifted
1 egg, separated
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup water
45g butter, melted
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 sprinkle of naga powder

Method:

1.Pre heat waffle maker.
2.Place flour, naga, egg yolk, milk, water and butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix until smooth.
3.Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until it has dissolved.
4.Gently fold egg white into batter until well combined.
5.Spoon a little mixture into each waffle mould (this will vary depending on size of waffle iron), ensuring mixture fills all grooves; close lid.
6.Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Use a plastic spatula to transfer waffles to serving plates.

Topping
2 Tble Sour cream
1 Tble Yoghurt
1 Tble Capers chopped
1 Tble chopped fresh dill
1/2 cucumber diced
salt
pepper
juice of lemon

Mix together in a bowl

Fry Asparagus in seasoned oil

Scramble eggs and add lots of Chilli powder and a hint of naga powder.

100 Gr Tassie Smoked Salmon fried to perfection (not murdered)

Slice 1/2 Avocado

Assemble all pretty on a plate, take a good photo and stuff your gob.

P1000756.jpg

P1000757.jpg

P1000758.jpg

P1000759.jpg

P1000761.jpg

P1000762.jpg

P1000760.jpg

Stupid photobucket stuffed one of the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back