• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepperfreak said:
Hum...Maybe I still can enter this throwdown afterall. I'm going to have to do some thinking tonight as I do some drinking. That's what I call multi tasking. :lol:

If you stand up while drinking an' thinking, you're doing three things at once. Definitely multi-tasking.

SumOfMyBits said:
If you stand up while drinking an' thinking, you're doing three things at once. Definitely multi-tasking.
Damn, and posting!

Pepperfreak said:
Hum...Maybe I still can enter this throwdown afterall. I'm going to have to do some thinking tonight as I do some drinking. That's what I call multi tasking. :lol:

I try to do that, but my processor tends to slow down after each drink :beer:. Then all I want to do is fart, roll over and go to sleep. Which by the way, is not necessarily in that order.

txclosetgrower (a Texan) waves the white flag...
James Bowie and Davy Crockett are rolling in their graves.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!! DAMMIT!!!

This is the ingredience shot for my main meal.....

IMG_0935.jpg

I have a shot of my dessert prep but the desserts not going to plan so I may not be entering it so no pic for now.....

So am I.....I hope like hell the main meals works cause the dessert is getting thrown in the bin soon....I did something wrong somewhere...:lol: and I don't really have the time to try again......

Aw, don't get discouraged. Grab a drink and come back to it later. Sometimes getting some drinks in ya helps with the creative juices. :lol:

Chicken Fried Punji Steak! I have now clue what I am doing although, I did want to do some deep fried pickles no matter what. Here 'tis ya'll, I took some cube steak, breaded Texican stlye for chicken fried steak with hab and pequin powder, fried up and served on mustard greens with Mai Ploy chile glaze. I winged this all the way as I had no clue on the stick 'thang but it worked. The pickles were nothing short of awesome!

In the beginning...cube steak.

IMG_1457.jpg

Dusted up with hab and pequin powder.

Here 'tis....chicken fried steak/

IMG_1458.jpg

My entry: Moyboy's Chilli Mango chicken on a rosemary branch

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

Ingredients:

Mango
Lime juice
Fresh mint
5 hot lemon chillis
Garlic powder
onion powder
Pepper and salt

Puree'd all ingredients and marinated chicken for 4 hours.

The sticks I used for the chicken is Rosemary branches with added a great flavour to the dish and was something a bit different....:)

I really enjoy this and ended up going back for seconds....

The beer in the background of the first photo is one of Tony05's home brewed Chilli beers...:D

Looks fantastic, moyboy!

I enjoyed a portable brekkie on my balcony this morning. A cold Scotch Egg on a Stick, & this:

IMG00383.jpg

My Spiked Coffee on a Stick!

Best. Brekkie. EVAR.

Nice one Pip!!!! Love the rosemary twigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back