• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost forgot to check!!!

I would like to thank the Academy! LOL

Thanks for the votes. The pretzel is slammin', try it. I'd make it again for sure. The pepperoni part is a little tricky, you could skip that if you want, but the spicy pretzel with a whole sausage link inside is da bomb.

Glad you liked it!

All the entries looked great!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the win boss.........You put a heap of effort into getting your local restaurant chef to make that for you......:D

Kidding. Was a great job and worthy of the win.....

congrats on the win Boss and welcome to the throwdown crown wearers association...

your dish was extremely original and deserved the win...

QuadShotz said:
Congrats Boss!

Now go get yer cholesterol checked... ;)
Thanks.

You guys have been saying this but it's not that bad. Nothing is deep fried and the meats are nothing you wouldn't put on a pizza.

Nice job, Congratulations!!!

An instant hall of famer.

You will wear the crown well. Just take it off when you get in the shower. Mine is leaving a green ring around my forehead.

Congrats THP, that pretzel had me too but a weird somethin' overcame me later at the last second and I went Violet Crumble cheese cake balls. Everybody made it as hard as ever to decide, love checkin these things out!

boutros said:
Congrats THP, that pretzel had me too but a weird somethin' overcame me later at the last second and I went Violet Crumble cheese cake balls. Everybody made it as hard as ever to decide, love checkin these things out!

The violet crumble cheese cake balls were a bit complicated for a first attempt but I'll be making them again and doing a few things different next time.......I have to make them again cause the family will riot if I don't....They were so nice.

Next time i'll make the half the batch as the violet crumble ones and the other half will be coated in white chocolate then rolled in a vanilla suger and cinnamon mix

Great work THP!
I didn't have much time on the weekend but I wanted to try ice-cream on a stick covered with a brown poblano and then battered and fried. It would have been Potawie's poblano Häagen-Dazs bar. I'll probably still try it one of these days but I think it will be a challenge.
I did make some camp-fire corndogs but I was too hammered to get any good pics:( I'll definitely try to be in for the sausage-fest next month, the throwdown that is:)

Yeah boss, I forgot to congratulate you. Well done sir. Actually, well done to everyone. Some fine looking food posted this time. You know, THP, you just used sausage this month and next throwdown is sausage. You will never win twice in a row with sausage. You may have pulled that out of your bag of tricks a month early. I'm just trying to figure out how TB is going to fit salmon into Oktoberfest...:lol:

JayT said:
Yeah boss, I forgot to congratulate you. Well done sir. Actually, well done to everyone. Some fine looking food posted this time. You know, THP, you just used sausage this month and next throwdown is sausage. You will never win twice in a row with sausage. You may have pulled that out of your bag of tricks a month early. I'm just trying to figure out how TB is going to fit salmon into Oktoberfest...:lol:

Workin' on it.....

Prost! TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back