• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
geeee!

No one went for a spiced Cherrio on a stick! make a mixture for popcorn balls but add Hot chili powder, cayenne peeper, hot paprika in the gooey stuff to taste, the form them cherrios around a pop cycle stick.

I woulda shown the results but it says I can add attachments to my posts. Enveloped by sadness. Tears in my eyes! Oh wait that from the spice mix! lol

There are some really great ideas here....I see i'm going to need to bring my A game for the next throwdown.......:lol:

5-o those look awesome. Sorry you didn't make it in bro. That being said the SoFlo posse has brought it AGAIN! I had a really hard time picking one, but sticking to my voting process of "what would I want to eat if I could only have one", I have gone with Frydad and those awesome lobsters with the beersicle on the side. I would list honorable mentions, but they are too many to list. Sum, Quad, Impy, TB, Moyboy, THP, you all had me drooling. Sorry I couldn't take part in this one. I had two entries in mind for anyone curious, one was similar to TB's, with chicken pounded thin and stuffed with sausage, manchego cheese, and sage, wrappep around a stick and finally warpped in bacon. I guess I'll still make it and post it on the Drunken Chef. Entry two would have been a banana smeared with peanut butter, rolled in crushed granola, and dipped in chocolate then frozen. Wish I would've been able to get at least one of these in, but the only time I could've, I didn't have the camera anyway...:cry:

Yeah, I didn't get entry #2 done in time, but no worries.

I'll just post it in the poppers thread....it came out insanely good though. ;)

Teaser of what coulda been....

Banana Pepper Rings stuffed with Two Cheeses and Hab-Seared Scallops.
S6304112.jpg

Oh bloody hell Sir Quad they look divine mate......Glad you didn't get them posted in time or you might have taken out the prize...:D

moyboy said:
Oh bloody hell Sir Quad they look divine mate......Glad you didn't get them posted in time or you might have taken out the prize...:D
Win? Without a stick? :D

moyboy said:

Thx bro..even worked in Scorp's Lust Sauce AND Mae Ploy....

@THP:

Well, They WOULD have been on a stick..I didn't see the need to use though just for me.

btw:

Da Full Popper p0Rn:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=247376&postcount=689
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showpost.php?p=247376&postcount=690

1/2 were Havarti, 1/2 Mozz...

And, just think...that's only my first time doing a proper deep-fry....just bought the Fry Thermometer the other day...for $2.50 at Safeway no less. :twisted:

Cheers.

As has been said the quality of entries has been spectacular. Moyboys violet crumble cheesecake on a stick made me drool but the boss deserves this one with the ingenious pretzel, way to go guys i hope to get in on the action one of these days :P

TB had to go and throw a spanner in the works. I had my mind set on THP's pretzel until you came along with your Cheezy Chix. I'll have to think about this some more.

No kidding...

Only way I can decide is to figure out what I'd most like to eat...that's not helping much though...heheh.

I think I'm down to my top 3-4 entries though, but arghh!

voted, some great entries.

I thought 1 of the rules for these throwdowns is that you must have some form of chile product used in the meal ? if so then I think theres some meals not entitled to be in the throwdown.

chilehunter said:
voted, some great entries.

I thought 1 of the rules for these throwdowns is that you must have some form of chile product used in the meal ? if so then I think theres some meals not entitled to be in the throwdown.

This caught me off a bit. I would imagine we stipulated "must contain a pepper", but I'm not sure. Regardless, I went back through the thread postings and discovered that, if this is true, there are only two entries that sadly (I thought they were awesome) need to be disqualified. Impy's Spiked coffee, and Moyboy's Cheese cake balls. Damn, and they both looked so gewd!

SumOfMyBits said:
This caught me off a bit. I would imagine we stipulated "must contain a pepper", but I'm not sure. Regardless, I went back through the thread postings and discovered that, if this is true, there are only two entries that sadly (I thought they were awesome) need to be disqualified. Impy's Spiked coffee, and Moyboy's Cheese cake balls. Damn, and they both looked so gewd!

like I said I thought 1 of the rules for a THP throwdown is that there must be some kind of chile (product) used in the meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back