• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

† † † Wafflebum's summer of Pubes † † †

Hello ladies and germs glad to be back for another growing season. Most seeds have been started, just waiting on a few last minute deliveries from the post man to complete the list.  I will post some pics when things start to get going.  :cheers:

This years seed selection:

Caramel Moruga
BBG7 chocolate
Caramel Moruga x BBG7
7 pod orange X
UBSC chocolate # 1
Peach Bhut
Pink Tiger- KD
Pink Tiger- Jamison
Red Rocoto #1 Lima market
Red Rocoto #2 Lima market
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto CAP 217
Rocoto Aji Largo
Rocopica
Yellow manzano- clones from "The Beast"
Serrano Tampiqueno
Maui Purple
Nocturne
Pimiento Piquillo
Aji Piura
CAP 455

added these to the above:

PI 355812
CGN 21566
CGN 2150XXX
CAP 521
Billy Goat
Hot Rod Serrano
Red MoA 
Large orange thai

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great season. 

Scorched said:
Wow just wow. Everything looks great. Plants are looking very healthy
thank you sir.

I received my last soil test back in the mail yesterday for the pepper patch, about 2 weeks late but none the less I was very pleased with my results-  check out my soil microbial biomass test!!!  :party:
soil test.jpg

soil test1.jpg

Nice results on your soil.  I have been adding compost and leaves to my pepper patch and I think I may get it tested at year end just to see how I have been doing.  

tctenten said:
Nice results on your soil.  I have been adding compost and leaves to my pepper patch and I think I may get it tested at year end just to see how I have been doing.  
Thanks man, hard work finally paying off. soil test is def. worth it imo.  leaf mold is good stuff 

ronniedeb said:
Beautiful garden. Immaculate

Thank you sir!

Small update from today with a few random shots.

We had some really strong surf the last few days here and I scored all of this that washed up on shore. Brought the wheelbarrow down to the beach and filled her up- 
20150604_183734.jpg

all of my plants have either flowers and/or pods excppt for my three frutescens plants, I think they are going to be monster's. here's one
CAP 521 in an 8 gallon
20150604_093336.jpg

Rocoto #1 lima market
20150604_093352.jpg

Bad pic but my hot rod serranos are doing really good
20150604_093405.jpg

chocolate bubblegum setting pods like crazy
20150604_093417.jpg

Hey Rick if your reading this is the plant I took clones off of that I sent you a couple of. 8 healthy clones all rooted from this plant. 
20150604_093521.jpg

Nocturne- these are really cool so far
20150604_093540.jpg

If these guys keep hanging around people are gonna think there nuts  :P
20150604_093552.jpg

Pink tiger pollen-
20150603_164504.jpg

and a rack of local ribs I did last night- naked over hardwood lump and sour apple
20150603_172002.jpg

20150603_182228.jpg

Everything is great on your Grow Log, great setup, freaking nice plants, awesome food pictures and nice pods. Congratz for all of this, I will follow your work. :party:

Nice job with your soil too by the way !!!

Joker38 said:
Everything is great on your Grow Log, great setup, freaking nice plants, awesome food pictures and nice pods. Congratz for all of this, I will follow your work. :party:

Nice job with your soil too by the way !!!
Thank you. it's a labor of love. Now we just need some warm weather. Been a struggle to get out of the 40's @ night here.

Hi Devan! I put the milk crates over the clones for a few days as promised... they're not showing signs of growth yet, but they're not totally drying out yet either. Hopefully they kick in soon.  Cheers!

stickman said:
Very Cool Devan! What are you fishing for?
Mermaids ;) that day I was targeting stripers in some skinny water out on the flats. Usually fishing for either striped bass or winter flounder.

It's Friday have some work to do early today then it's play time. Will update with some pepper pics later today. GM I'm buying the first round of mean old Tom on nitro you gonna stop by? :)

FreeportBum said:
Mermaids ;) that day I was targeting stripers in some skinny water out on the flats. Usually fishing for either striped bass or winter flounder.

It's been a couple years since I made it out to the coast to fish. I usually go in late September or early October when the bait starts to head south and target Bluefish and Stripers. Love them blitzes!

Looking forward to pics of your garden Devan. :)  The two Red Rocoto clones are alive and putting out new leaves. They're growing so slowly that I doubt they'll make any viable pods this season but I'll find a way to OW them so they get a good start next year. Cheers!

Back