• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

† † † Wafflebum's summer of Pubes † † †

Hello ladies and germs glad to be back for another growing season. Most seeds have been started, just waiting on a few last minute deliveries from the post man to complete the list.  I will post some pics when things start to get going.  :cheers:

This years seed selection:

Caramel Moruga
BBG7 chocolate
Caramel Moruga x BBG7
7 pod orange X
UBSC chocolate # 1
Peach Bhut
Pink Tiger- KD
Pink Tiger- Jamison
Red Rocoto #1 Lima market
Red Rocoto #2 Lima market
Rocoto San Isidro
Rocoto CAP 217
Rocoto Aji Largo
Rocopica
Yellow manzano- clones from "The Beast"
Serrano Tampiqueno
Maui Purple
Nocturne
Pimiento Piquillo
Aji Piura
CAP 455

added these to the above:

PI 355812
CGN 21566
CGN 2150XXX
CAP 521
Billy Goat
Hot Rod Serrano
Red MoA 
Large orange thai

Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great season. 

Genetikx said:
Bump due to great pics and a need to see more

romy6 said:
 Beautiful poddage sir 

ronniedeb said:
Very nice pods. Thanks for the explanation of the CAP455

Thanks gents, a few more pics

Hot rod serrano- very hot for a serrano imo, awesome flavor,good size,very productive. I've crossed a few with maui purple,pink tiger and CBBG7 just for fun
20150809_102702.jpg

one of my yellow manzano clones in a hanging basket
20150809_105106.jpg

20150809_102653.jpg

20150810_085655.jpg

20150810_084623.jpg

It looks like things are ticking over pretty well for you up in ME... good on ya! I especially like the red Pube pods in #122. How do they taste? What have you been doing with your ripe pods this summer? Anything really good?

One of the clones you sent didn't make it, but the smaller one did. It's still pretty small, but I'll pot it up to OW in the fall, and will try to get some pods from it next year.

Keep up the good work!

Hi freeport I got some questions for ya. Btw, thanks for the box of killer peppers :-). I just planted a few pink tigers, do the leaves stay dark through maturity or do they go green? I also started some of the cap 455s because they were delicious. The nocturne looks amazing, I found it to taste just like a jalepeno with less heat, but it sure is a looker. The purple ball cgn 2150xxx remind me of a hab mixed with cabage, was pretty good. Have you ever grown shishitos? If not you must try them and I will send you some seeds :-). Them cgn21566 were really cool looking, tasted good and packed a hell of a punch. Thanks for the peppers and new seed varieties to try out.

Which pube had the most purple flowers? The lima market rocotos?

stickman said:
It looks like things are ticking over pretty well for you up in ME... good on ya! I especially like the red Pube pods in #122. How do they taste? What have you been doing with your ripe pods this summer? Anything really good?

One of the clones you sent didn't make it, but the smaller one did. It's still pretty small, but I'll pot it up to OW in the fall, and will try to get some pods from it next year.

Keep up the good work!
Hi Rick. I've been smoking and then drying a lot of of my pube pods this year. Other then fresh I think it's my favorite way to enjoy them.  Season is pretty much over here, temps into the low 30's the last few days.  Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you some smoked pubes to try if you would like. All the best

Essegi said:
Great pods and pics!
The more i see pubescens shots the more i feel the urge to taste them!
Thank you sir, if you ever need seed just drop me a note. 

sevenstrings said:
Hi freeport I got some questions for ya. Btw, thanks for the box of killer peppers :-). I just planted a few pink tigers, do the leaves stay dark through maturity or do they go green? I also started some of the cap 455s because they were delicious. The nocturne looks amazing, I found it to taste just like a jalepeno with less heat, but it sure is a looker. The purple ball cgn 2150xxx remind me of a hab mixed with cabage, was pretty good. Have you ever grown shishitos? If not you must try them and I will send you some seeds :-). Them cgn21566 were really cool looking, tasted good and packed a hell of a punch. Thanks for the peppers and new seed varieties to try out.

Which pube had the most purple flowers? The lima market rocotos?
Your very welcome, glad you enjoyed them. Pink tiger depends- some are green some very dark purple almost black. I pulled all of mine in the garden this year and only kept one very dark plant. Next year I will grow out a couple dozen or so full term and see what pops up. CAP 455 is an amazing producer and great family friendly eating pepper. Nocturne will ripen to red, when they are on the plant and fresh picked they are the most fragrant pepper I've come across. The 2150xxx did not grow true for me, they were supposed to ripen to red but they go peach. I don't think I will grow them again but I made a couple CBBG7 crosses with it so I will grow those out and see if anything cool pops up. I don't grow them but one of my friends that we trade plants/peppers etc with grows a ton of shishito, actually have some in the icebox right now. Great pepper, I like them roasted and eaten whole or pickled.  CGN21566 has a really cool shape, plants were very dark purple with shades of green. pods go from dark purple/black to green then yellow and finally ripen to orange. Made some cool crosses with them this year, looking forward to growing them out next year and the years that follow.  all the best

Back