• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Devv said:
Oh, those Yellows are mas caliente!

Congrats on the Annie pepper love!

The pains a coming!

And fantastic pics!

Indeed; "Yellow Hell" mix of giant yellow 7's, mutant yellow brain, TSMB yellow, is about Shane-level hurt. I would love Ramon to make a sauce with those and post recipe . . . btw, Ramon, I identified on pic you posted on my glog. But in first pic in the 2nd row, last on right is a brain. If it has more orange in it, esp. on shoulders, is a brain. Smallest pods are TSMB yellow. Send you some seed later with other stuff, as am going to pick in 3 bags, label bags in garden and seed from there. That is, if you like these enough to grow. I keep trying to limit next year's grow and it keeps moving up there. I doubt I go TSMB yellow next year as not as prolific as yellow 7's or brains. But they have a different fruity flavor . . .

Devv said:
Oh, those Yellows are mas caliente!

Congrats on the Annie pepper love!

The pains a coming!

And fantastic pics!
 Thanks Scott, yes they are picante and very tasty, certainly hard to tell which is which when you don’t grow them … have a great Saturday, I’m off to a party, hmm just thought I’ll bring some peppers along to see who will play “quien es mas macho,” lols.

MGOLD86 said:
Beautiful Pods mon!  Shane's stuff is gnarly, WATCH OUT!

Congrats on 100!
 You’re so right Matt, Shane grows some beautiful peppers, I didn’t have to wash his or Annie’s before the pictures were taken and they look near perfect without blemishes. Hope you have an awesome day brethren \o/

Al-from-Chile said:
Mon - your blog Def. Added a new dimension to the phrase "white jerk" :D

Btw... Thx for 100 pages of fun and info

Al
 I wish I was as funny as you, I read stand up comics make a bundle, lol …

annie57 said:
Indeed; "Yellow Hell" mix of giant yellow 7's, mutant yellow brain, TSMB yellow, is about Shane-level hurt. I would love Ramon to make a sauce with those and post recipe . . . btw, Ramon, I identified on pic you posted on my glog. But in first pic in the 2nd row, last on right is a brain. If it has more orange in it, esp. on shoulders, is a brain. Smallest pods are TSMB yellow. Send you some seed later with other stuff, as am going to pick in 3 bags, label bags in garden and seed from there. That is, if you like these enough to grow. I keep trying to limit next year's grow and it keeps moving up there. I doubt I go TSMB yellow next year as not as prolific as yellow 7's or brains. But they have a different fruity flavor . . .

Thanks again sweet muchacha, these are awesome and the help in ID’ing dem is invaluable … Hope you and the family have a superpoddelicious day :)

I am not sure if this is the Carolina Reaper (correction per Shane Brain Strain but I stand by what I tasted) that Shane sent but I tasted 4 thin match sticks from her upper belly and 4 small match heads of her placenta, wow great taste! I can’t say I have any experience with her what so ever but that said the minute I cut into her, she instantly smelled fruity and floral, possibly a citrus type aroma. Her taste was like a combination of some some exotic fruit with a hint or tinge of cinnamon mixed in but very low key. I’ll need more time with her to see if I can identify the specific fruit flavors but she’s certainly a keeper, thanks Shane ^_^

So I had an avocado sitting around and decided to make a cracker spread with her and this is how it looks. Came out very tasty but I have to tell you the overall picante is very strong … me likes!
2ikv4nr.jpg

2n6smxc.jpg

2lwmzi1.jpg

kecfvn.jpg

2zgzosz.jpg

2e1wt36.jpg

1jtgsy.jpg

2z4wxec.jpg

Edit: I stand corrected and made the edit above per Shane that this is a Brain Strain but I stand by what I tasted, I'll have to taste the other one to see if I note any other tastes ...

Thanks for stopping in and have a great day!

Nice review brother! That one is a Brain Strain...sweet and HOT! Seeds for that one from Vincient (Coheed)...if I sent (not) reapers they'd be more naga or Bhut shaped...lemme go back and look.
Naw...none in there. The long one in the solo pic is a Monster Infinity. Bumpy yellow is a brain and smooth one is a yellow mystery. Some Romy mysteries in there as well as a Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion...

FreeportBum said:
Awesome pics Ramon,great colors! Spread looks very tasty  :onfire:.  The pepper from looks and your great description reminds me of Jamie's Brain Strain.....

You are correct Devan and thank you for the correction along with da kind words ^_^

Devv said:
Nice colorful spread, I'm sure it was pretty hot!

I had to taste it before I used it in something, hot and tasty for sure ^_^

stc3248 said:
Nice review brother! That one is a Brain Strain...sweet and HOT! Seeds for that one from Vincient (Coheed)...if I sent (not) reapers they'd be more naga or Bhut shaped...lemme go back and look.
Naw...none in there. The long one in the solo pic is a Monster Infinity. Bumpy yellow is a brain and smooth one is a yellow mystery. Some Romy mysteries in there as well as a Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion...

Thanks for the correction, I edited above giving you credit for the correction, it’s a super tasty pod and went great with da avocado, even our #1 loved it. Somewhat of a delayed burn on the first few bites I took but once the picante hits she's a winner. Thanks again brethren!

Great pictures! I am sure the spread was exceptionally hot, and I am happy to hear that the taste was very good. Dips definitely have to sit for a day or two before they completely come together. 

I really do love the colour of that dip, mon!

Bodeen said:
Its like just about any dish one can make.  The next day, after the flavors have melded, do you get the best flavor.

For sure but the point I was trying to make is that this time it only took a few hours. Every time we make black beans or any fresh beans I prefer to eat them the second day, like you say the flavors just meld together so well ^_^

Dot Com said:
Never thought of making a spread. Now you got me thinking because I have a few pods lying around :D

We make a dip or spread at least once a week or more often, they’re easy to make and fun to dip crackers, chips or anything into. Heck I even use them in lieu of mustard or mayo for sandwiches … talk about tasty. Today I made one with the avocado left over spread/dip and it was awesome tasting. Have fun with dem ^_^

Stefan_W said:
Great pictures! I am sure the spread was exceptionally hot, and I am happy to hear that the taste was very good. Dips definitely have to sit for a day or two before they completely come together.

I really do love the colour of that dip, mon!

Thanks for the pic & color kudos Stefan, I agree with you that color is important in presentation, have a great one mon!

PeriPeri said:
You are the King of dips my friend! Love the chillies on top... they look like wild chillies - what are they?
Thank you Lourens, the little ones on top of the dip are Thai Hot peppers, the seed was brought back to me by my college roommate from one of his trips over there. I was hoping the plants would grow bigger but they are very small plants although their look is very cool. That said, the chili is very tasty hot and sweet at the same time and for such a small chili it packs a nice little punch, hehehe.

Have a great week brethren!

Stefan_W said:
Those reapers looked nasty, and true to form.
Thanks go to Scott (Devv) for sending them \o_  Although I thought the true to shape would be rounder and with a stinger and IIRC he calls these "funky reapers." But we'll have to ask him to be sure ... Also these peppers (Carolina Reaper) are much smaller than I had pictured in my mind, guess I didn't pay close attention to others size comparisons.

Stefan as always, thanks for stopping in, comments and I wish you and the family a great day and weekend \o/

Stefan_W said:
Can't wait to see a review of these pods.
I am not qualified to writer a serious review, haven’t grown them yet but I can state my opinions. I currently have some seed that Scott had sent a few weeks back that I have in eggs but none have popped up yet ….

First off I only ate four match sticks and IMHO that was enough, great burn and taste but I wasn’t in the mood for a serious burn … From the minute I cut her open she portrayed a fruity, citrus type sweet aroma that hit my nose which was rather pleasant and deceptive in nature saying  mmmmm eat me I’m tasty, lol.

For me the burn was all over the inside of my mouth,  lips and a vicious throat burn that didn’t hit for a few minutes. The taste was of a sweet wild cherry but much better than one or a similar fruit but with more juice from her flesh.

In the end the taste of the wild fruit lasted and even after the internal burn went away I had a nice mild lip burn for around 30 minutes reminding me of what a hot gal she was, woot! 

WalkGood said:
Thanks go to Scott (Devv) for sending them \o_  Although I thought the true to shape would be rounder and with a stinger and IIRC he calls these "funky reapers." But we'll have to ask him to be sure ... Also these peppers (Carolina Reaper) are much smaller than I had pictured in my mind, guess I didn't pay close attention to others size comparisons.

Stefan as always, thanks for stopping in, comments and I wish you and the family a great day and weekend \o/

I am not qualified to writer a serious review, haven’t grown them yet but I can state my opinions. I currently have some seed that Scott had sent a few weeks back that I have in eggs but none have popped up yet ….

First off I only ate four match sticks and IMHO that was enough, great burn and taste but I wasn’t in the mood for a serious burn … From the minute I cut her open she portrayed a fruity, citrus type sweet aroma that hit my nose which was rather pleasant and deceptive in nature saying  mmmmm eat me I’m tasty, lol.

For me the burn was all over the inside of my mouth,  lips and a vicious throat burn that didn’t hit for a few minutes. The taste was of a sweet wild cherry but much better than one or a similar fruit but with more juice from her flesh.

In the end the taste of the wild fruit lasted and even after the internal burn went away I had a nice mild lip burn for around 30 minutes reminding me of what a hot gal she was, woot! 
+1 on that... Scott's Funky Reapers'll light up your life! I only had 1 matchstick, and that was about enough to sit with to the finish. Nice flavor and aroma... It'll make a great sauce.

Back