• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Sweet...I have been battling my self starters for fear of s disease outbreak, but last year I transplanted a bunch...and guess what they were...Thai's! Haha...really love those little pods. Your flower pic was stunning as well brotha! Great to hear there are signs of recovery on your big lady. Keep the pics coming!

Thai hots self starters?! How often does that happen?! Must be doin' something right!
Not sure, it's never happened with my Jamaican Habs but then again I pick & eat every last one :D
WoW those MoA's look meaner than a sack full of rattlesnakes!
hehe and so do yours brethren. Funny I noticed this morning that #2 & #3 have stronger stalks, possibly because they're growing slower giving them more time to focus there and the conditions (light, water, soil & wind) have all been exactly the same.

Everything looking good !! The MoA's for sure.
Thanks as always ^_^ ... How are your MoA's doing?

Ya mon! De likkle MoA's look so happy mon! That South Florida sun must be nice!
Lovin da sun, only wish we could get those 16 hours I read about the northern contention get from dem indoor lights ;) Jamison, how dem MoA's coming mon?

Sweet...I have been battling my self starters for fear of s disease outbreak, but last year I transplanted a bunch...and guess what they were...Thai's! Haha...really love those little pods. Your flower pic was stunning as well brotha! Great to hear there are signs of recovery on your big lady. Keep the pics coming!
Interesting how it was you’re Thai’s that did it too, must be that Asian contention ;) Thanks Shane, it is a very cool plant and mama loves dem flowers ... I'm not keeping these five seedlings as two Thai Hot plants are enough for me, if I needed another one I'd probably keep them, so I hear ya. I'd like to see if anyone wants them before I discard them. Shout out, anyone near the Ft. Laud. area is welcome to have dem, free to boot :D

Was craving Jalapeño today, so I picked a small harvest even thought they probably should have stayed on da bush a few more days. I'll try to post what be done with these later ....
9id3k6.jpg

2j4v7g6.jpg

Everything's looking good Ramon...Congrats!
Thanks Gary!
Nice corking on the Jals...What variety?
Don’t know, I got the seeds from my College room mate who is also another grower. The plants are not very big but tasty little Jalapeño pods she produces and they’re mama’s plants but I’m their caretaker ;)

Awesome with the sun stripes on the Jalapenos :)
Those are the good ones! Far more spicy than store bought ones...... Not even in the same realm...LOL
Chris I like your term better than what I've always called it, very nice, I’m assuming “sun stripes” means the same as “corking.” If you don’t mind, I’d like to start using that from now on ^_^
(It's going to take me a long time to catch up on all 34 pages of your glog!! But a great read to say the least :))
Thanks, yours is an awesome read IMHO, take your time ... I'm so far behind on many glogs too ...

Nice little pull of Jals! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Thanks Shane but nada compared to the one’s I saw you harvest and stuff in your new armadillo stand, awesome! We don’t need to many, just enough to keep mami happy. Hope you’re having fun with your Mom and thanks for checking.

Made mami her favorite cracker dip/spread, while the pics don’t capture it well the red specs from the one small red jal pod really look cool in contrast to all the green.
260ewzk.jpg

16m16c0.jpg

2ir3mfo.jpg

doq70n.jpg

I'll have one order of "WalkGood's Original Jal Dip" with a Newcatle to go, Please!
While I’ll admit it is a very tasty dip, Jal dip isn’t very picante. The one that I make with Jal and Jab is way better IMO for the men folk or I make one with 10 hot Jabs that kicks some serious heat & flavor. Once you get some of those famous MoA pods I’ll have to make you another ^_^

In the mean time, you can try to blend some up if you wish, doesn’t take long. I’m not much for measurements so here’s the stuff I use and I’m sure you can figure quantities out … I normally use left over Garbanzo’s as they are tastier and softer. But if I can’t I’ll Sauté the ingredients to soften and I believe makes the dip last longer. The latter is really not needed here as it doesn’t last more than a day or two in our fridge, hehe. Blend garbanzo beans, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Adding pepper powder is also a great way to increase the heat level. Since not everyone here eats super picante, I’ll normally do the powder onto the crackers that my son or I eat, enjoy!

MMMMmmmmm MMMMmmmmmm...walkGOOD! Dat's what I talkin 'bout!
Mami loved it ^_^ But next time I get more I’m going to try out your recipe for sure! My plant doesn't seem to put out more than 5 or 6 at a time, hopefully when she gets bigga she will.

Hahaha, use that one all you want, I read somewhere a long time ago, someone called them that, I liked it, so have called them that ever since :)
Thanks, I like it … to me da sun is one of the key sources of life and sun stripes just sounds so much better.

Better make that two...
:-P '
What no NewCastle to go, hehe …

Thanks for checking and reading … hoping we all be posting some big pods soon! Have a great day everyone ^_^

Plants are starting to pod up again, some are looking much bigger than last round but we did get 2 more cold fronts so weather is wacky as Jamie's (romy6) has noted a few times. Hope dem bigga ones stick good ^_^ ... sorry about dem being all dirty, next time I'll spray dem off a bit, hehe.

wafspf.jpg

fnbpd5.jpg

fpbdw8.jpg

xp8yyx.jpg

Ooooooh, I am going to have to save that dip recipe for when I have some ripe pods. Looks and sounds tasty.

Michelle
-yet another one trying to catch up on your glog.
Hi Michelle, thanks for checking it out, I think you'll like it and you can use any type of peppers in it. I just caught up on your glog and it's super nice :)

Nice update!

Pods, I can't wait for pods.

Blend garbanzo beans, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Adding pepper powder is also a great way to increase the heat level.

This ones in the recipe book, I'll be tryin' it soon! The foodies are half the fun!

Once again nice update Ramon!

Scott

Back