smokers Weber Smokers

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You just head to the woods after a firestorm and you are all set with coal! I was happy to eat at Weber and that they cooked over their grills ;)
Firestorm? It rains fire there?

The Hot Pepper said:
Firestorm? It rains fire there?
I make it rain everywhere man

1476089_10200822261503233_1979284034_n.jpg

oldsalty said:
I'm thinking about this little baby to add to my collection show you guy's how to cook some ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm thinking around 500/600 full racks

attachicon.gif
photo.jpg
NOW WHO'S SUPPLING THE THE CHARCOAL!!!!!

attachicon.gif
images-12.jpeg

I think I might have you covered for one cook anyway .. Pretty sure I   have at least another 40 lbs upstairs too .   200+ lbs of lump  give or take  would be about right don't ya think?  The lady I bought this from says she has another 20 bags waiting for me if  I want it. 

yPf8t56.jpg

Ashen said:
Hard to pass up ,   I was picking it up for 1/2 the cost it goes for at Costco  and they are undercutting the specialty bbq stores that carry that brand by about 40%  as it is.
Wow nice Ashen!!!!!!!!!! Your my kind of guy!!! That's the way to buy charcoal you must be one grilling and chilling brother from the great white north!!!
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I might, look up my family tree hahaha

Joyner's and Gwaltney's of Smithfield, Va
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby with that hook up we should be up to our eyeballs with all thing's pork!!!!! :) oink oink, very cool by the way only thing in my family tree is bats cause we all bat crazy in my family
latest.jpeg

Okay everyone, Weber makes a lot of smokers every year, but this one is Mine. All Mine. :dance:

20150314_192446.jpg

Picked up one of these as well. Probably paid too much, but it says Weber, so that's cool.

20150314_192426.jpg

Sam's club had pork loin for $1.79/lb today so I picked up a 11.5 pound loin. Cut 10 chops off and froze them and still have about 8 lbs left to smoke tomorrow. That and some chicken breasts.

Jeff H said:
Okay everyone, Weber makes a lot of smokers every year, but this one is Mine. All Mine. :dance:

20150314_192446.jpg

Picked up one of these as well. Probably paid too much, but it says Weber, so that's cool.

20150314_192426.jpg

Sam's club had pork loin for $1.79/lb today so I picked up a 11.5 pound loin. Cut 10 chops off and froze them and still have about 8 lbs left to smoke tomorrow. That and some chicken breasts.

Looking forward to subscribing ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Good for you!

Is that 18?

Yep. It is really large. I can't imagine that I could ever need the 22 for my family of 4.

grantmichaels said:

Looking forward to subscribing ...

Pics will either be in my Flog or my Glog. I haven't decided which yet. Maybe both. :party:

Jeff H said:

Yep. It is really large. I can't imagine that I could ever need the 22 for my family of 4.

Pics will either be in my Flog or my Glog. I haven't decided which yet. Maybe both. :party:

I'm just glad you made an informed decision with all the info coming at ya lol. Everyone has to decide what works best for them. You will def cook some good food on it. 

So, I was reading something earlier, and it was talking about smoking woods ...

I guess you want your fire burning at 300-400F optimally, for the best phenols ...

So, you have to have the space - read, distance - from the fire, for the temp to drop 75-175F between the fire and the meat, and of course the fire needs to be below the meat (sans blower) ...

A fire burning around 225-275F makes ascetic, bitter phenols ...

This is likely the WHY of the offset smoker - yeah?

Jeff H said:

20150314_192446.jpg

20150314_192426.jpg

Same setup as me! Lol. Just finished smoking my best rack of baby backs yet with it.
Agree on the size too. My 18 cooks more than enough for just my wife and I, and even if I had my wife's family over could do enough on it.
As for different smoker styles, no experience (other than how I was taught at work), so can't comment. I've managed to pull out decent ribs before off a $50 Aussie Walkabout grill, so anything can work.

grantmichaels said:
So, I was reading something earlier, and it was talking about smoking woods ...

I guess you want your fire burning at 300-400F optimally, for the best phenols ...

So, you have to have the space - read, distance - from the fire, for the temp to drop 75-175F between the fire and the meat, and of course the fire needs to be below the meat (sans blower) ...

A fire burning around 225-275F makes ascetic, bitter phenols ...

This is likely the WHY of the offset smoker - yeah?

Pretty much yeah. That's why I've said offset produces the best taste... but you made it all scientific an shizz. ;)

Back