• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What spicy food did you eat today?

worlok said:
Oh I like mayo. My wife dips her fries (chips to you Euros and maybe Aussies) in mayo, which I think is popular in Belgium...

I found that mixing ketchup and mayo for a creamy ketchup is just deeee-lish!

Ok, so I am really liking you AND your wife! See, it's the simple things in life that make it so good! This is what I got crap for yesterday from Texas Blues! :) It's NOT just me! HA! BTW! I have been doing the ketchup/mayo thing for over 20 years and I dip lots of things in it! just like thousand island dressing without the chunks!

thank you for this validation! TB you are OVERRULED!

mrs.blues said:
Ok, so I am really liking you AND your wife! See, it's the simple things in life that make it so good! This is what I got crap for yesterday from Texas Blues! :) It's NOT just me! HA! BTW! I have been doing the ketchup/mayo thing for over 20 years and I dip lots of things in it! just like thousand island dressing without the chunks!

Pay no mind ya'll to the rantings of this...this...this.............Scorpion Woman!

Cheers, TB.

Got another package from THSC and Neil was kind enough to throw in a yellow 7 pot. Here's how it ended up:

Yellow7004.jpg

All the above with a bit of salt, pepper and dried oregano.

Yellow7007.jpg

I think I made a little too much for that one pod but it still had some fire. Haven't used a 7 before and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Bring on next season.

worlok said:
Oh I like mayo. My wife dips her fries (chips to you Euros and maybe Aussies) in mayo, which I think is popular in Belgium...

I found that mixing ketchup and mayo for a creamy ketchup is just deeee-lish!

mrs.blues said:

:lol: That conversation reminds me of the movie "Undercover Brother" with Eddie Griffin

[to Undercover Brother]
Smart Brother: If you're going to fit in to white America, you're gonna have to learn to like MAYONNAISE!

Lucky for Undercover Brother they give him a watch that sprays hot sauce on "Caucasian food" to fight off the potential evil of mayonnaise on white bread.

Good times... Good times...

QuadShotz said:
I gota vintage Sammie-Maker....

S6302738.JPG

S6302740.JPG

Crammed some bread with Uber-Seasoned Hawt Turkey Taco Stuffz.. and Hab Jack Cheese.

Ended up like this:

S6302737.JPG

Munchin' proceeded to be happenin'...Oh Yeahhhh....

The unwitting Sammies may have incured the wrath of some ElYucateco Godz on the way to my tummy.

Holy Hell! The snack MacGyver just got a new Swiss army knife!

Look out world... I expect Sandwich poppers to emerge from that sumbitch soon! I'd suggest the steak and cheese poppers for said sammie!

Yeah I love it. :D

It's got all the convenience of a Hot Pocket, but ya can use good 12-grain bread and any filling you want. Only takes like 1 min to cook it once it's hot.

I wonder what else ya could make with it....

Well I had some of my "ZYDECO Voodoo Hell" sauce on my eggs this morning,
then a little Creole Fire on some chili for lunch, then a little more
Voodoo Hell on some fried chicken for supper!

ButchT

Well, this isn't really that spicy, but it's a sammich. :)

S6302820.JPG

12-grain bread w/ Roast Beef, Pastrami and Deli Roast Turkey layered with Jack Cheese.

Made a sauce:

• A good amound of Wasabi powder activated in 1 tbls hot water
  • Molasses
  • Sambal Olek
  • Onion and Chile powders

Mixed that up well, let chill in fridge for awhile.

Then, took the onions and red bell peppers and sauteed them up in the sauce.

S6302825.JPG

Sauce goes on the meats and stuff, then washed out the same pan and "grilled" up the sammie:

S6302828.JPG

Paper towels definetly needed, but Mmmmmmm....

Well, this isn't really that spicy, but it's a sammich. :)

S6302820.JPG

12-grain bread w/ Roast Beef, Pastrami and Deli Roast Turkey layered with Jack Cheese.

Made a sauce:

• A good amound of Wasabi powder activated in 1 tbls hot water
  • Molasses
  • Sambal Olek
  • Onion and Chile powders

Mixed that up well, let chill in fridge for awhile.

Then, took the onions and red bell peppers and sauteed them up in the sauce.

S6302825.JPG

Sauce goes on the meats and stuff, then washed out the same pan and "grilled" up the sammie:

S6302828.JPG

In case ya wonderd how I managed to flip such a big and potentially messy sandwich in a small pan....there's a trick.

1. slide spatula under the sammich fully
  2. lift up
  3. holding the sammich up w/ the spatula, turn the pan over on top of it
  4. hold the two together and flip them both over in one motion so everything is right side up on the stove again..

No mess, no fuss. ;-)

Paper towels definetly needed later though, but Mmmmmmm....

Currently trying to get through an entire 7-pot with only a box of crackers & a bottle of very very cheap whiskey.

I'll try to let you know how it works out tomorrow....but its fairly unlikely I'll remember much passed 10 minutes from now.

So there it is.

Bought some fish cakes (was too lazy making some) and cooked them in my usual fish sauce (which includes African Birdseye, Orange Habanero and Bih Jolokia... and that's pretty much why it's hot... lol). turned out surprisingly delicious and was easy to make.

QuadShotz said:
I gota vintage Sammie-Maker....

S6302738.JPG

S6302740.JPG

Crammed some bread with Uber-Seasoned Hawt Turkey Taco Stuffz.. and Hab Jack Cheese.

Ended up like this:

S6302737.JPG

Munchin' proceeded to be happenin'...Oh Yeahhhh....

The unwitting Sammies may have incured the wrath of some ElYucateco Godz on the way to my tummy.

Quad your the Neighbour..I wish i had :mouthonfire:

I bought myself a 350g bottle of the hottest ketchup we've got around here, and it is pretty hot, then me and a friend bought a little bag of African Bird's Eye dried whole chillies, and these are hot, le'mme tell ya', hotter than I would've expected. There were easily 150 little peppers inside. We grinded them all and put the powder inside that bottle of ketchup. We added some salt and sugar, we left it for two weeks, and then bought 2 pizzas. We used up half that 350g bottle, which means we basically ate more than 25 chilli peppers each, with one pizza. Damn hot experience, I was trippin' for almost an hour afterwards...
Gonna do it again on saturday... :)

I made something similar to the pics I posted above, but added some zucchini, ground cumin seeds and paprika.
Instead of the yellow 7pot i used 4 great big orange habs. Eaten it last night, lunch today and again tonight.
I did have a nasty case of ringburn this afternoon though....:onfire:

just polished off a pizza with half a bottle of franks and some habanero tabasco sauce, not very hot but mighty delish :cool:

You guys are cracking me up. reminds me of twitter. I am now sitting here typing this post drinking a coctail and eating habanero sauce. :lol: J/K cool. Thanks for bringing this thread back. I'm going outside now to pick a fresh hab and eat it.

Back