• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

IGG - I agree with the others, the pizzas you make are insanely hot (since you add all types of chile products to them)
why dont you add more toppings ?

chilehunter said:
IGG - I agree with the others, the pizzas you make are insanely hot (since you add all types of chile products to them)
lol, thanks. What till you see what I do when I have fresh chili's to work with. Which should be in about a month and a half. :hell:

chilehunter said:
why dont you add more toppings ?
I usually add more toppings but this one was my "budget" pizza. Didn't have all that much money so I used what I had laying around the house.

:shocked: IGG, I'm sure that set off the Ole O Ring...LOL Looks great!

I just sat down and ate a tuna fish sandwich...WOW....I mixed a heaping spoonful of Hab powder, a heaping spoonful of Jalapeño powder, several dashes of red chili powder and my homemade onion powder to the tuna fish. Mixed it up with some mayonnaise to make it creamy. It was so good that I had to open another can of tuna fish to make another one. :onfire: (sorry no pics)

You guys are awesomely creative! Tonight I tossed some hab powder in with some cocktail shrimp. It was a nice snack.

Tomorrow I'm gonna have a Lox in a Box, & mix some hab powder in with the cream cheese.

Yesterday I diced some canned habs in with my scrambled eggs. It's one of my favorite things to make, the flavors work so well together. Plus, the end result is really pretty!

Tonight im making Defcon wings I havnt made them yet Ive got to fire up the deep fryer
Picture019-3.jpg

Picture020-2.jpg

theres about 1 1/2 teaspoons of DM MKII and defcon 1 Ill add more pics when done
rather than posting again heres the wings
Picture-4.jpg

they were good that DM MKII is great stuff but next time I think i'll add a bit more

Just had a hamberger with Swis Cheese. I put it on a chabata bread with Zesty Blend on one side and Pain2 on the other. Running low on Pain2 so I'm going to start saving it for special occasions.

CP - those wings look really tasty!

well I made a little steak for dinner ;) of course I didnt eat it all, just I like thick steaks :lol: the leftovers is for lunch/dinner tommorrow.
yea wimpy serranos (all I could get right now), green onions, also had baked beans & (sugar soaked) sweet corn.

DSCF1282.jpg

Tennesee Red Glazed Drumsticks

This isn't really a recipe per se, but is one of my favorite grilled dishes. Blues Hog Tennesee Red Glazed grilled chicken drumsticks. I don't normally tout commercial products, but Blues Hog is produced by Bill Arnold, a long time denizen of one of my favorite BBQ mailing lists, and the sauce is phenominal!

Tennessee Red is thinner than most BBQ sauces, more akin to the vinegar & pepper based sauces of the western Carolinas, eastern Tennessee and northern Alabama, though it is a bit more robust. I literally buy the stuff by the gallon.

To prepare I toss as many chicken drumsticks on the grill as I want.
Grill at medium to low heat.

tr2.jpg

They're starting to look good...
[/CENTER]

While the chicken is grilling, I fill one of those cheapie plastic 9 oz. cups about 2/3rds full of Tennesee Red. About 10 - 15 minutes before they are done, I grab the bone end of the drumsticks with a pair of tongs, and dip them in the sauce.

tr3.jpg

Gloonk![/CENTER]

Let drain a few seconds. Then I put them back on the grill. Do this 2 or 3 more times, turning them each time and making sure they don't burn.

tr5.jpg

They smell as good as they look![/CENTER]

Dunk them one more time as you remove them to serve.

tr6.jpg

Provide lots of napkins, or even better, a hose...

Come and get it!

PS - I got tired of dealing with this editor that delights in randomly deleting CENTER tags, so the heck with it.

chilehunter said:
CP - those wings look really tasty!

well I made a little steak for dinner ;) of course I didnt eat it all, just I like thick steaks :lol: the leftovers is for lunch/dinner tommorrow.
yea wimpy serranos (all I could get right now), green onions, also had baked beans & (sugar soaked) sweet corn.

DSCF1282.jpg

I could have ate the whole thing. Honestly, I'm a pig. I'm skinny as well. After I eat I look like a snake that just finnished eating a rat:lol: My last spicy meal wasn't fancy. Just overeasy eggs smothered in pepper powder and bacon. I'm in the mood for making some carribean food though. I'll have to put that on my agenda this weekend.

AJ offering me a Naga pod to eat whole got me feeling a little rammy. So when I made my quesadilla tonight (sorry no pics), I added fresh habs and almost half a bottle of CaJohn's 10 to the sauteed chicken, jalapenos and monterey jack cheese. Whew. I may have overdone it. My bottom lip is numb and I can only eat a bit at a time. I don't ever remember getting an endorphin rush from a quesadilla before.

Gosh I'm an amateur compared to you lot! I put dried chillis in nearly everything (except cheesecake) but over here we have cayenne powder, but Hab powder?

judimac said:
Gosh I'm an amateur compared to you lot! I put dried chillis in nearly everything (except cheesecake) but over here we have cayenne powder, but Hab powder?

Yes maam,

even if you dont grow, as long as you cna get habaneros, you cn make powder.

ALways wear gloves when dealing with hot peppers, and mask if dealing with powders/fumes. You'll thank me later.

My Way:

Fresh habs, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, put in a oven or toaster oven at lowest setting...around 100-140F. Or, if ya have dehydrator, then awesome, do that.

Do until crisp and dry, but not burnt (unless you like that sort of thing)

I then let sit in a paper bag overnight just for kicks, then gring in a coffee mill I have for that usage. If a coffee grinder, break into smaller peices first, otherwise as in a food processor, just chuck 'em in. Do wear gloves and /or mask if you are sensitive to the fumes. Thee will be escaping bits of powder whiel gridning..don't get it near your eyes or breathe it. tis bad.

DON'T dive in after grinding..let it settle. You dont want a snoot full of hab powder..trust me.

And, there you are. As I said, treat it like Haz-Mat..it can really hurt.

Cheers.

judimac said:

I know we're limited with the chilli powder we can get over here Judi without ordering online but Waitrose do a nice Aji Limo powder, not too hot but better than Cayenne IMO.

The next time I go to Waitrose (nearly 25 miles away so it's a rare treat) I shall look out for the Aji Limo thanks!

Back