• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

What's your destination of 2009??

I will go to Mallorca (Spain) in about 1 week and if you have read the news lately they ... are very busy there at the moment:(.

i was looking forward to enjoying the nice hot Canadian summers we usually have....didn't happen. By the winter I'll be aching to get out of here and find some heat relief!

Just had a major trip to see my oldest kid's high school graduation in Vegas then went to Oklahoma and Indiana to visit friends, over to the IGGfest in Cleveland and then on to western PA. Finished off in Hollywood the day the gloved one died and then more time in Vegas with my kids.

Next trip should be April in Assam, India on a chili-hunting tour then may even take a major tour of Europe in September 2010 including the Oktoberfest in Munich (200th anniversary), Poland, Ukraine and wherever else only God knows.

Wow Philipperv I think I want to tag along with you. That sounds like some good times. I took my son to the beach for the first time earlier this summer. May try to get back down there one more time, but I am very busy with work right now so my next vacation may not be until deer season (beginning of December).

You're welcome to come along Jay. Thanatopsis and myself are currently talking about hitting Prague after the Oktoberfest as he spent some time there a few years ago and knows all the good spots. We actually met online and hooked up at the 2005 fest. Was a really good time.

JungleRain said:
Nowhere this year, but off to Thailand next May...

Bangkok and Pattaya used to be great but now have priced themselves out of competition. Expect to pay $5 beers and big $ for "entertainment" but the hotels and food are still reasonably priced.

I would recommend here, Cambodia, or Vietnam instead.

If you insist on Thailand go to the north around Chang-Mai or east to Chonburi.

Back