• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite brand of hot dog?

The Hot Pepper said:
I like these non-meat ones a lot better than a lotta meat ones, no hot dog burps or weird ingredients, and they taste like real hot dogs, have an open mind: http://fieldroast.com/product/frankfurters/

Trick is, don't follow the package, you need to overcook them slowly, I put them on the back of the grill and let them slowly cook until soft then give them a little char... toppings are dijon, sharp cheese, pickled peppers, and maybe even chili.

Also homemade baked beans and cheese rocks, you have to wrap in foil and return to the grill so it all melds.

Soft squishy white bun please! (or brioche if loaded up)

THP.

Soyrizo Racist.

Posts about vegan hot dogs.

I swear.

You can't live with these people.

texas blues said:
I don't eat hot dogs.

mrs. blues on the other hand...

Hebrew Nats or nothing.

But this is a woman that puts mayo on a hot dog.

She's crazy I tell ya'.

Wait.

Mexicans put mayo on their hot dogs too.

I can't win this battle.

The Hot Pepper said:
Oil and eggs doesn't sound as crazy and swiss and pineapple.... :rofl: :P :lol: :eek:

:think: what about Elotes  ? Thats grill food with mayo and its delicious  :drooling:

footer_logo.png

Muckyai said:
I'll have a hot dog one of two ways. Boars Head hot dog with spicy brown mustard and pickled datil peppers -or- bahn mi style on a crispy baguette with carrot sticks, cilantro, mustard and sliced jalapenos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Damn now that sounds good! Esp #2.

Scoville DeVille said:
Hill's Premium Meats

Pendleton Oregon.

Available locally? As in the methow?

I'm on it!  We'll see if they can compare to the Longhorn's which were the dog du jour...like every du jour.... at the CGS.

As child, I loved hot dogs. I'd pull them out of refrigerator cold and eat them just like that. Then my Girl Scout troop took a tour of the Kunzler plant in Lancaster and watch them being made. I haven't touched a hot dog since I was 12. Silly, I know. There are plenty of other foods that should generate worse reactions. But, I see that mental image every time I see a hot dog.

Back