• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite brand of hot dog?

Grass Snake said:
JayT quit? It's a shame because we need his expertise in here badly..

He'll be back, he's still recovering from his accident.

Untitled-1_127.jpg

Field Roast
@peppersproutfarm have you had these? My go-to dog, taste like the real thing.
I just saw they also make these! I gotta try!

Field Roast
@peppersproutfarm have you had these? My go-to dog, taste like the real thing.
I just saw they also make there! I gotta try!
I have not. I've only tried the chorizo from field roast. We usually use the LifeLight hot dogs and there okay but not great.

Lightlife makes some great stuff but hot dogs is not one of them. Try the Field Roast! I've been grilling the regular ones for years. I just saw the Stadium Dogs. Looks like the originals are the Hebrew National take, and the Stadium are the Ballpark take. Plumper, juicier, probably more garlic, less smoke.

Lightlife makes some great stuff but hot dogs is not one of them. Try the Field Roast! I've been grilling the regular ones for years. I just saw the Stadium Dogs. Looks like the originals are the Hebrew National take, and the Stadium are the Ballpark take. Plumper, juicier, probably more garlic, less smoke.
I will have to see if I can get them locally. Might have to go to whole foods or something as there just isn't a whole lot of vegetarian options at most local grocery stores

I like to grill them and slightly overcook, since overcooking doesn't toughen like with meat. I think you will love these! Closest thing to the real thing!

Nice! I do chili dogs all the time.

Back