• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

When the heat becomes just too much... what do you do?

Best way to stop heat is to have a friend eat one at the same time, it would give both of you something to laugh at to distract yourselves.

I've only had a few bad times as I don't usually stick a whole pod in my mouth, but for some reason now, maybe I've lost some of my tolorence since my cancer surgery, but I eat something first as it helps with the cramps that some peppers put you through and if the burn just won't let up and there are a few pepper out there that do that I drink some buttermilk and or eat some peanutbutter to lesson the burn. I use to just ride the waves, but can't seem to get back to that point anymore, so I just eat small pieces like a 1/4 of a pod at a time I still get plenty of heat and though my nose runs some and I sweat my eyes don't tear up to bad, I do get the hickups some times pretty bad, but nothing longer than a half hour afterwards.
I guess I'm a bit of a wimp now, but I would rather respect the heat of the pod along with respecting my body and not put it through to much pain at one time, My doctor likes it that way, and I don't get scolded for eating to much hot peppers although, I didn't tell him about the pound of ultra hot pepper powder that I have, which I some times get to heavy handed with and pay with cramps and a long firery hot sit on the Toilet.

Mouth and throat pain is tolerable. By the time the real pain starts there's not much you can do and it can last several hours. I've found taking a shower can sometimes help.

impending_bending said:
Lol I'm an asshole and expect nothing less from others :)

I'm talking about occasions when you eat an entire scorpion or something in one bite, with no cooking or sides etc. If you guys can do that without milk then... Well, respect

Anyone who "should" be eating a whole scorpion knows full well what they are about to do and will  just ride it out. If you eat something like that and aren't prepared for the onslaught of pain, well, eating it wasn't your smartest decision of the day. Grab some milk, find a corner to cower in and wait for the cramps to start. Here is your sign.

http://mistupid.com/people/page013.htm

I don't eat peppers like that. I cook with heat whether it's fresh, fresh/frozen, powders or sauces. Eating fresh peppers doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I have been there done that. I do taste peppers just to know what the flavor is like to cook with them, but when I did do the macho thing, I reached for milk. I never drank it tho, I used it like a mouthwash, then spit it out... Rinse, spit, repeat. Worked great.

smokemaster said:
I like Supers a Lot but Pubes are best.
You eat pubes? Gross.  :)

The Hot Pepper said:
What's that rant have to do with what he should cool his tongue with? :lol:
Apparently talking helps. 

Burning Colon said:
i drip from just about every orifice, 
Even the burning one?

wildseed57 said:
My doctor likes it that way, 
Why? What makes the peppers bad for you?

I dont post videos, and I eat peppers with everything, not just straight. When I eat them straight, I eat them to taste them and/or for that rush, not to prove anything and there is usually no one else around to 'impress'. Yes I tear up and my nose runs etc but I dont get cramps. I've got no problem with the jackassery (dish it out plenty) but at least include a real response along with the 'you macho douche' or 'you little pussy' comments!

impending_bending said:

I dont post videos, and I eat peppers with everything, not just straight. When I eat them straight, I eat them to taste them and/or for that rush, not to prove anything and there is usually no one else around to 'impress'. Yes I tear up and my nose runs etc but I dont get cramps. I've got no problem with the jackassery (dish it out plenty) but at least include a real response along with the 'you macho douche' or 'you little pussy' comments!
I'd only post a video if the strain doesn't have any official test and has never been eaten before, just so that the next guy can find out how it looks/tastes/what it will do, and so that I have some evidence that the strain actually exists. Other than to inform people, videos are kinda stupid IMHO. Throwing up for the ratings is just nasty.

My doctor feels that eating to many super hot peppers damages the interlining of the colon and may cause inflamation of the colon.
He was just touching all the bases as I had to have 6 inches of my colon removed because of a tumor then some Chemo later they found that I also had some small tumors in my liver so I lost part of that,  and just to make matters worse my heart stopped and they had to get it started after which I had chemo and radiation treatments.  So he is just looking after me. He doesn't care if I eat some mildly hot/ spicy peppers now but he still worries that the super hots might not be the best idea to munch on.

wildseed57 said:
My doctor feels that eating to many super hot peppers damages the interlining of the colon and may cause inflamation of the colon.
He was just touching all the bases as I had to have 6 inches of my colon removed because of a tumor then some Chemo later they found that I also had some small tumors in my liver so I lost part of that,  and just to make matters worse my heart stopped and they had to get it started after which I had chemo and radiation treatments.  So he is just looking after me. He doesn't care if I eat some mildly hot/ spicy peppers now but he still worries that the super hots might not be the best idea to munch on.

Show him this: http://www.sharecare.com/health/diet-nutrition/article/love-your-colon-with-this-spicy-little-number

Ok, so now that I've ribbed ya.....

Sugar helps, if you really need it. Some people drink sodas. If I'm in a spot where the whole reaction wouldn't be "cool" (like I'm dining with a client), a couple of sugar-based mints often help. But any sugary thing will work - gummy bears, whatever.

PS - My face may turn red, too..... just part of what we pepper people put up with to get the flavor we desire! :lol:

PSS - That's also one reason why candied hot peppers can really get you. I make candied fataliis from time to time. Take a bit, heh, this ain't that hot. Nibble a bit more, whatever. So you keep nibbling, then the next thing you know you realize your mouth is on fire but you've got candied fatalii stuck to your teeth..... the sugar toned it down to start, but it eventually builds to a point where the fatalii wins over the sugar, if you keep eating it. Good times!

A White Russian.

Sugar - check
Cream - check
Alcohol - check (yes, cap is alcohol soluble) "Capsaicin is soluble in alcohol, which can be used to clean contaminated items"

So there you go. The perfect trifecta of heat killers and a tasty beverage to boot!

It literally lifts it off your tongue. Try it.

I've eaten the hottest of the hotness.

AJ's T-Scorp Puree.

A whole tablespoon.

I saw GOD.

And the DEVIL.

Sweated. Teared. Hiccup'd. Wished for death.

I tried all kine' of sheeit to stop the hurty hurt.

It was all love in vain.

I don't eat that sheeit no mo'.

If I want info on hot shit I only need one source.

Neil from HippySeedCo.

Done.

First superhot I ate-a crap load of milk. Second super-same thing. Third super-chocolate shake. Milk did nothing for me, and the burn actually felt worse once the milk was swallowed. Choco shake worked a treat though. Crap ton of ice cream, some milk, ovaltine and chocolate topping mixed up in the blender. Now I just try to let it ride though. 

Anything sugar- (straight sugar, carrots, apples) and dairy.....

And The Boss's recipe?  Yes, Capsaicin dissolves in alcohol, which spreads it around all the more, which is why drinking beer after eating hot stuff is not recommended.  I think The Boss is messing with ya~   

Hubby got into something TooHot and passed out on the kitchen floor.  It was a case of mistaken Sauce Identity, and I ate a spoonful also.  Ended up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, sweats, shakes, cramps.....even with the milk, sugar and dairy, there was a point where I just had to ride it out.  and not in a good way!

I ain't messin' at all it's alcohol soluble so it does not act as a barrier, it acts as a detergent.

Try it.

The Hot Pepper said:
I ain't messin' at all it's alcohol soluble so it does not act as a barrier, it acts as a detergent.

Try it.
That explains why I don't burn as much if I eat them when I've had a few beverages. I just figured the booze dulled the pain  :rofl:

The Hot Pepper said:

Try it.

You First!  :lol:

chow down on a superhot and then eat ice cream or alcohol....... :flamethrower:.....    let me know how it goes.  :)

Back