• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

When the heat becomes just too much... what do you do?

I ride it out. I'm too lactose intolerant for milk to be much help. I suppose you could eat some ice cream.

Edit: I used to put espresso in my white Russians. I'm a big coffee person, so that's how I used to drink them. If you like coffee, you will love em. You can also use vanilla cream for your white Russians. A bar I used to go to served them like that. If you can't find that kind of cream, try a little vanilla extract. Alternatively you could also use mocha, which also goes well with the espresso version. I love white Russians and variations of it. I don't drink them anymore. I could probably have 1 without bothering my lactose problem too much. It seems I get more and more lactose intolerant as I get older.

Nigel said:
The more you just let it happen and ride the wave, the higher your tolerance will go. 

Yes, I`m an asshole in my spare time     :rofl:

While my first comment is true, IMHO, very oily things work best. Olive oil is a good start, butter is better because it hangs around longer in your mouth.

I use vegetable oil for my hands when I do something stupid like cut up 30 or more superhots with no gloves. I can attest that this helps prevent it from burning further. The oils help rub the capsicin oils. However, I'm not sure who would drink olive oil or another type of oil.

I always liked hot things, even as a small kid. I think I got hooked ten years ago, when I was 14. I played call of duty at that time :P and frequently ate pizzas with double pepperoni-jalapeno.
It was super hot for me but I loved it! Slowly got used to the heat and the ring of fire disappeared :fireball: My enthusiasm for peppers really started about five years ago, when I first read about habaneros and how hot they are. My first thought was I must try it! So I bit into it...I was really burning on the way home! I ate the whole pepper in my room, woow! It was freaking hot!
I was sweating, my head was tingling and my mouth was on real fire! Then i got a massive endorphin rush it was soo good.
The next day I ate 3 small red habs just after waking up, in the bed..mr huge cap cramp was just about to knock on my door.
That was the first time I got cramps, it was some serious pain, it went away ~an hour later. But I did not get demotivated, I got a huge endorphin rush from it, lol!
My mouth can tolerate almost any kind of burn, I like when its getting too hot! Serious heat means serious endorphins :rofl: I like to ride it out, no milk and such.
What I don't like is cap cramps, my stomach is quite sensitive it seems, even if its full and I just eat a half superhot, I can get cramps. Even if I drink milk before.
This was my second year of growing, with success but they were only habanero heat level peppers. They cant surprise me anymore, no cramps. Its just a question of tolerance,
if it becomes "too hot", you raise the bar a lot faster. Soon planting my real kick ass super hot seeds for this year!

I have tried a lemon, and it seems to help. there is just something about it when you eat a superhot chilli or some really hot extract sauce, and that panic sets in and you think you need to go to the hospital because you are dying. lol all to do it again and again

we eat Greek yogurt when we do a pepper challenge at work. i will try the white Russian some time at home. im thinking ill drink a few before the supper hot then a few after it. should make the challenge more fun.

My wife is a weenie, but I finnaly got her talked into joining me at my favorite Thai joint. She saw me nearly drinking the dipping sauce (which is very hot and AWESOME) and asked me how hot it really was.

1658441_10201564160254437_2057491079_o_zps4c807b6d.jpg

The sauce

I just grinned. Her curiosity got the best of her and she dipped her spoon in it for a taste. She took back just the juice and no pepper chunks. Into her mouth it went. Her eyes openened bigger than I thought they could go, her face and neck turned red, and she almost dove for her iced coffee. The coffee and most of my Thai tea is what it took to tame the beast.

Rymerpt

Back