• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Which Throwdowns Would You Like To See In 2013?

TDs for 2013!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinners past! :).

fish4.jpg

fish5.jpg
OOH! Bluefish and Spanish Mackarel!

i voted, though I have to say I was sorely disappointed to not see "varmit" as a category.

Squirrell, rabbit, opossum, snake, etc.

How's Sicman ever s'posed to get a real crown if'n ya dont got varmit?

Are we going to get a list of the winners, and when they will appear?
Or will it be a pre-determined monthly surprise?

Frypoop, at this point it's just a poll to see what you guys want to see again and thought was successful. Nothing else is set in stone.

The poll will be a determining factor so keep voting.

I'm down with pineapple TD!!! They have been crazy cheap around here lately, too. Under $2 for a whole pine. Or is it a whole apple. Whatever, good price. Maybe if we get a month that is "debatable".

G, do share that recipe!!!! 'tis the season for giving!!

I'm going to resurrect an idea that's been poo-poo'd before. It was something to the effect of take some non-winning entries and revisit them. The idea was poo-poo'd as a backhanded compliment, but I don't see it that way. I'm seeing it more like Iron Chef: Redemption. No one would say the chefs who didn't win on that show are mediocre - they're professionals, but what they came up with just didn't happen to beat the others the first time around. Did an entry of yours miss a crown by one vote? No shame in that. It was probably an excellent entry. If you step back and reflect on it, was it something you'd enter again, or is there something you'd do a tad differently that might have snagged more votes the first time around? Could be everyone make their own entries and see if they can take them up a notch (or even remake as-is without changes if it was uber-close), or people choose other's entries and decide if they want to tweak it or not. Ok, commence poo-pooing again!

I've had more than several entries come close to a win, so I'm gettin' where you're coming from G... but I'm failing to see how this would work as a TD. Please explain... before we poo-poo.

I understand G. Its like when you wished you could've used a certain 'winning' ingredient but you couldn't find it so you settled for another not so great one. That happend on the last TD i entered. Or even if everyone said that your pics weren't the best otherwise they would've voted for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back