seed-train Wild seed train 2015 2016

No writing on the bag itself. Ffix some sort of label on there. Even brown masking tape I would assume would be OK.

Even permanent wears off of those bags super easy.

Oh, sorry the photo is misleading.  Those are just my harvest bags when picking.  Once prepared they'll conform to the rules

Understood. In that case, looking good.
I am hoping to have quite a few little hot pods that are similar to those as well.
Weather has everything behind schedule though.

Also on a different note, seems I have acquired some seed that is eBayish in nature and not necessarily diliberate. Pulled some Aji Verde from the fall train and they are bell peppers. Know it's not a mislabeled pepper cause I didn't grow bells this year. Also only grew the one Aji Verde plant. On a good note it wasn't something I was really counting on.

If anyone keeps records as I do and something does not grow anything like it was labled let me know and I will get it fixed for the next grow.

FIRST ROUND is FULL

I believe I have received one request for a specific position on the train. I will make every effort to accommodate such requests but make no absolute promises.

All riders please PM your city and state for routing purposes and your complete mailing address if you would like me to have shipping envelopes sent to you.
Shortly after I have received the locations of riders I will post the routing and schedule.  A 3 day possession of the seed pack and 3 day transit sounds feasible and in some cases will put the train ahead of schedule.

Check your PM in box now and assure you are not full or near being full in case someone needs to contact you.

READ THE RULES!

I will be getting the train ready to ship out this next week unless anyone needs additional time to get their seeds in order. The following is the order and geographic route the train will be using. PM your mailing address to the participant before you if they have not already requested it and confirm with them that they received it. The schedule is only a model and I anticipate the completion of the train much sooner than what is posted. Most will not need 3 days to sort through he seeds and in those cases will put the train ahead of schedule.

MEGAHOT WA 25-Sep 28-Sep
FGPEPPERGUY OR 30-Sep 3-Oct
LOVEPEPPERS CA 5-Oct 8-Oct
JEDISUSHI06 CO 10-Oct 13-Oct
GEONERD AZ 15-Oct 18-Oct
JCW10TC IL 20-Oct 23-Oct
D3MONIC IL 25-Oct 28-Oct
CAPCOM IL 30-Oct 2-Nov
WINLAND OH 4-Nov 7-Nov
JBLO PA 10-Nov 13-Nov
SCORCHED DE 15-Nov 18-Nov
COACHSPENCEXC NC 20-Nov 23-Nov
SCUBA STEVE GA 25-Nov 28-Nov
ARRONTT FL 30-Nov 3-Dec
SIREX FL 5-Dec 8-Dec
back to station      

My apologies to all participants. The seed train did not leave as expected as I was on a service call since Tuesday and only returned home a few hours ago. I will revise schedule and add what ripened while I was gone. I will re post details when shipment is imminent. Again sorry for the delay.

The train will leave tuesday afternoon.

MEGAHOT WA 1-Oct 4-Oct

FGPEPPERGUY OR 6-Oct 9-Oct

LOVEPEPPERS CA 11-Oct 14-Oct

JEDISUSHI06 CO 16-Oct 19-Oct

GEONERD AZ 21-Oct 24-Oct

JCW10TC IL 26-Oct 29-Oct

D3MONIC IL 31-Oct 3-Nov

CAPCOM IL 5-Nov 8-Nov

WINLAND OH 10-Nov 13-Nov

JBLO PA 15-Nov 18-Nov

SCORCHED DE 20-Nov 23-Nov

COACHSPENCEXC NC 25-Nov 28-Nov

SCUBA STEVE GA 30-Nov 3-Dec

JSSCHRSTRCKS FL 5-Dec 8-Dec     

SIREX FL 10-Dec 13-Dec

back to station    

Time for everyone to check their inbox. Contacts are already failing to be established as I type this.

READ THE RULES

11) It is assumed that when you sign on to participate in the seed train, that you are interested in doing so. That being the case, it is up to you to be proactive and ready to receive the seed packet. Very little, I repeat, very little  time will be spent attempting to contact participants whose inbox is full and who have not logged on in weeks. I will attempt to make this years train more efficient and expedient as well as beneficial.

I will also put these little reminders in throughout the thread as it never fails, someone will not READ THE RULES.

Scuba_Steve said:
I have sent my address out and have received the address of Aaron.
When did this occur? SIREX has been trying to contact him for over 2 weeks now. And to my knowledge he still has not.

OK, it appears I got a pm from him on the 21st, so hes not AWOL but still need to be able to contact him.

Last week really kinda sucked and put me way behind on getting the seed train on track. That and the fact pod harvest is very slow. I have tons of green pods and time running short. I may have to harvest many after the 1st frost and make a green chili mash. Anyway, getting back on task. I am considering running a second train to pick up the slack of late harvest  pods. I would be looking at somewhere around mid November. many of my wilds are still green as well as a second wave of super hots. I have enough selections to make things interesting. Same RULES documented at the beginning of this thread apply and must be read and adhered to.

If any riders from the 1st train are interested, they will be placed at the end of the train as many of the selections I will be placing on it are already present in train #1 and I dont feel is advantageous for them to see a virtual duplicate train. 5 repeat riders is the cutoff unless I get 13 new riders interested and then I will expand to 7 repeats for a total of 20.

I will be unloading a lot of my seed inventory as next year I am cutting back my grow significantly and targeting very specific interests.

wild seed train #2 is here  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/57348-wild-seed-train-2/

Wild seed train  #1  1st round shipping out tomorrow

20150927_235054.jpg

Back