seed-train Wild seed train 2015 2016

Will mark you down Ken.
There most likely will be one and this is a pretty good start. post is only a couple hours old late on a Sunday night.

OK the train will be going out tomorrow.  I added a quart (not pint) size bags of seeds.  I was on 4 trains last year and got way too many seeds and can't grow that many, plus I'm getting more selective.

I hope the next person can fit everything in a padded flat rate envelope  :P

Cheers to everyone on the next growing season!

FGpepperguy said:

Yep.  I think I doubled the train.  I was going to put a few ounces of powder in also, but it wouldn't fit.
OK, we have a couple of options here. This is where following the thread becomes important.
We could split the train into two envelopes or go to the medium shipper. I tend to be in favor of leaving that to the person shipping as they can best weigh the costs. Whatever the decision though, each packet, providing there are two, would be under the same requirements as if shipping one including tracking # for each packet.

I just know whats going to happen next.

So yea, don't be afraid to take seeds from the envelopes too folks. Not just add lol. otherwise this things going to be like santas sack by the time it gets back to base. 

oYzKjX8.jpg

I received the HUGE football today. Will post tracking when shipping to JEDISUSHI06.

Careful!  It looks like an about-to-explode dead whale!

As near as I can tell, anyone willing to open an account with USPS can buy postage for a "Regional A Box" that is a lot bigger than the padded envelope, but costs the same or only a little more, depending on distance.
AFAIK, you _must_ buy the postage for Regional Boxes on-line.  I might give it a try.
Or are we going to stick to the original plan and keep using the padded FR envelopes?

Shipping in two padded is about the same cost as the medium so really would be better to keep it in one box imho. I prefer the flat rate boxes because you get 2 (sometimes 3) day shipping, tracking and $50 insurance all for a flat rate.

D3monic said:
So yea, don't be afraid to take seeds from the envelopes too folks. Not just add lol. otherwise this things going to be like santas sack by the time it gets back to base. 

Had a similar problem on the other train where people put a lot in but didn't take much out

Sounds good Tony.  Boxes work for me, stuff it for now and next person down the line that gets boxes make the conversion.

ALERT!

Everyone on this train, check your in box capacity.

11) It is assumed that when you sign on to participate in the seed train, that you are interested in doing so. That being the case, it is up to you to be proactive and ready to receive the seed packet. Very little, I repeat, very little  time will be spent attempting to contact participants whose inbox is full and who have not logged on in weeks. I will attempt to make this years train more efficient and expedient as well as beneficial.

Last warning on this prior to removal from participation.

Back