• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Windows 10: Electronic Tyranny

grantmichaels said:

You're nuts ... the NSA has undiscovered exploits for days ... and days ...

This one's crazy bad:
http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/06/17/sf-86-security-clearance-breach-troops-affected-opm/28866125/
The NSA method is less hack the computer and see what they're doing as much as it is have the companies hand over the data that they're already collecting. It's a lot simpler. I don't agree with it, but I don't think they can easily hack into anyone's computer and alter drivers and other things without someone notice something's up, assuming they pay decent amounts of attention to what's on it. And the US gov't still gets hacked by China a lot.

Here's the funniest part All of the vitriol, seeming paranoia and favor over protecting our privacy is all made a bit silly in light of the fact that today's generation put every single thing they do on social media.

People are tweeting, Facebook and, Instagram and, snap chatting and every other social media publication possible whenever the wind changes. There is no secrecy to protect anymore.

grantmichaels said:

You're nuts ... the NSA has undiscovered exploits for days ... and days ...

My own belief in the perfectness of digitalness doesnt allow for anything unexploitable. Anything that can be done can be worked around. I believe this is the only war that is unending.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

So you're completely cool with them stealing all your personal information and spying on you, potentially in hopes of accusing and convicting you of being a political dissident or maybe a terrorist... just as long as they don't bomb you? 
     What the hell is the matter with you? Do you have any idea why this country has a bill of rights? I hope to Flying Spaghetti Monster your ideas of freedom aren't indicative of those of the rest of your generation.
I don't like them stealing personal information, but what I was saying is that they really don't care what Heckle does, and that if they did care they'd have already killed him.

cruzzfish said:
The NSA method is less hack the computer and see what they're doing as much as it is have the companies hand over the data that they're already collecting. It's a lot simpler. I don't agree with it, but I don't think they can easily hack into anyone's computer and alter drivers and other things without someone notice something's up, assuming they pay decent amounts of attention to what's on it. And the US gov't still gets hacked by China a lot.

The NSA method is literally hack the computer, and it's not even secret ...

There's much ado about whether or not they should disclose exploits to secure our cititzens, versus keep them for use on adversaries ...

"Oh, they hacked us - time for economic sanctions" ...

Bad China! Bad! ...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Here's the funniest part All of the vitriol, seeming paranoia and favor over protecting our privacy is all made a bit silly in light of the fact that today's generation put every single thing they do on social media.

People are tweeting, Facebook and, Instagram and, snap chatting and every other social media publication possible whenever the wind changes. There is no secrecy to protect anymore.

I must be missing billions of sex tapes, nudies, and murder confessions.

Its nice that you repeat some shit you heard on the news and believe it though.

Thats how they want you to work.

Heckle said:

My own belief in the perfectness of digitalness doesnt allow for anything unexploitable. Anything that can be done can be worked around. I believe this is the only war that is unending.

Reminds me of what I like about fire ... it's largely a one-way process ...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

So if I donate to a charity, it's OK for them to access my bank account from now on and take money whenever they see fit?

grantmichaels said:

There's much ado about whether or not they should disclose exploits to secure our cititzens, versus keep them for use on adversaries ...

Bad China! Bad! ...
If the NSA method was hacking the computer, why would they be literally feeding the wires through the server farm and recording everything that goes into them? They don't need to hack the computer to get what you search for, so they don't do it very often yet.

And as long as the NSA has the files stored, I'd like to be able to see the ones on me for personal use.

grantmichaels said:

Bad China! Bad! ...

lol right, barely a mention of what our govt does to them

unless its some obscure to most people tech site about tampered hardware

cruzzfish said:
I don't like them stealing personal information, but what I was saying is that they really don't care what Heckle does, and that if they did care they'd have already killed him.

Thank you for expanding on your naivety and fantastic capacity for point-missing.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

So if I donate to a charity, it's OK for them to access my bank account from now on and take money whenever they see fit?
This is a bad analogy. All the information they get is already out there for everyone to see. It isn't right, but it's something they could do manually also.

Edit: And how was that point missing? I think you missed the point of when I said that I don't like the data harvesting, but that they don't care what Heckle rants about.

The fact is, they pissed off Google et al ...

Which is why they keep scanning for and finding things like Heartbleed and Shellshock and the latest one that I can't recall the name of ...

There's a funny post on the Google blog of their reaction to learning that the NSA through the Five-Eyes partners were tapping the fiber between their datacenters ...

It infuriated the sec folks at Google TBH ... and actually, Mudge is working for the Govn't now, if I'm not mistaken ...

cruzzfish said:
If the NSA method was hacking the computer, why would they be literally feeding the wires through the server farm and recording everything that goes into them? They don't need to hack the computer to get what you search for, so they don't do it very often yet.

And as long as the NSA has the files stored, I'd like to be able to see the ones on me for personal use.

Read about NSA TAO and SSO, or really just watch those two carefully selected videos I posted ... they're very interesting no matter who you are ...

grantmichaels said:

what?

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/24/8788.full

that's already happening, too ...

it was proven with radio waves long before these social networks.

I meant things like this though and whatever tangent from another thread that induced me to start it...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56953-not-programmed/
I was at a site that had both positive and negative "likes". I still had a very positive rep, despite the fact that they didnt censor anything and I could type virtually anything.

Imagine that here and what I'd be like.

Back