• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Windows 10: Electronic Tyranny

grantmichaels said:
The fact is, they pissed off Google et al ...

Which is why they keep scanning for and finding things like Heartbleed and Shellshock and the latest one that I can't recall the name of ...

There's a funny post on the Google blog of their reaction to learning that the NSA through the Five-Eyes partners were tapping the fiber between their datacenters ...

It infuriated the sec folks at Google TBH ... and actually, Mudge is working for the Govn't now, if I'm not mistaken ...

Read about NSA TAO and SSO, or really just watch those two carefully selected videos I posted ... they're very interesting no matter who you are ...
TAO is a network tapper, which is easier than a single computer for multiple reasons, and SSO is very similar. Both are amoral, but both are also directed mostly at the connections between computers. And yeah, Google was annoyed when they found that the wires were getting tapped, but wire tapping is purely hardware instead of software. 

cruzzfish said:
TAO is a network tapper, which is easier than a single computer for multiple reasons, and SSO is very similar. Both are amoral, but both are also directed mostly at the connections between computers. And yeah, Google was annoyed when they found that the wires were getting tapped, but wire tapping is purely hardware instead of software. 

Flame and Stuxnet.
But, really ...

Look up COTTONMOUTH and DEITYBOUNCE ...

grantmichaels said:

Flame and Stuxnet.
Those are computer targeting, but not necessary made by the US government. They're definitely a candidate for who commissioned them, but it could just as easily have been a civilian person who hates Iran, or more likely Israel.

Flame at least can be easily wiped from a computer.

cruzzfish said:
This is a bad analogy. All the information they get is already out there for everyone to see. It isn't right, but it's something they could do manually also.

First of all, my phone records (among other information I'm almost positive is being compromised) are out there for everyone to see? Second, do you honestly trust them when they tell you not to worry because that is the only information they are stealing from you illegally? What the shit.
     Very apt analogy, actually. Information that I divulge of my own volition is perfectly fine for anyone to see. That which I wish to keep to myself should stay there. This seems very clean-cut to me. I don't understand where the point of contention is here. 

cruzzfish said:

Edit: And how was that point missing? I think you missed the point of when I said that I don't like the data harvesting, but that they don't care what Heckle rants about.

Do you understand how the 4th amendment applies to you? Do you understand what kind of a precedent is being set by the laws being passed to protect what the NSA is doing? 
     It really doesn't matter if they care right now. What they are doing is gathering all the information they can on people so that, in the future, if that person starts looking like a threat (criminal, political, whatever) they can arrest them, detain them or drop a bomb on them from 5k feet up. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

First of all, my phone records (among other information I'm almost positive is being compromised) are out there for everyone to see? Second, do you honestly trust them when they tell you not to worry because that is the only information they are stealing from you illegally? What the shit.
     Very apt analogy, actually. Information that I divulge of my own volition is perfectly fine for anyone to see. That which I wish to keep to myself should stay there. This seems very clean-cut to me. I don't understand where the point of contention is here. 

Do you understand how the 4th amendment applies to you? Do you understand what kind of a precedent is being set by the laws being passed to protect what the NSA is doing? 
     It really doesn't matter if they care right now. What they are doing is gathering all the information they can on people so that, in the future, if that person starts looking like a threat (criminal, political, whatever) they can arrest them, detain them or drop a bomb on them from 5k feet up. 
The phone records are owned by a phone company, and if they want someone to see them they can. 

As for the point missing thing, I never mentioned what you said in the slightest. What I did say was that Heckle should be more worried about being bombed. I am very well aware of the sort of precedents, and am very well against them, but those have nothing to do with whether or not Heckle should worry about drone strikes.

cruzzfish said:
Those are computer targeting, but not necessary made by the US government. They're definitely a candidate for who commissioned them, but it could just as easily have been a civilian person who hates Iran, or more likely Israel.

Flame at least can be easily wiped from a computer.

If you like to disambiguate DoD from the Five-Eyes partnership, I'm not sure why ...

It's how they are doing all of this.

Get each country to work the loophole in the legislation and then share the data around the horn ...

Of course we're hoarding it, but whatever ...

grantmichaels said:

If you like to disambiguate DoD from the Five-Eyes partnership, I'm not sure why ...

It's how they are doing all of this.

Get each country to work the loophole in the legislation and then share the data around the horn ...

Of course we're hoarding it, but whatever ...
Well, Israel isn't part of the Five Eyes. If it was, I wouldn't differentiate it. It's also likely that flame or stuxnet were made by private companies on the orders of someone else, probably either the US or Israel.

And yeah, they should stop doing what they're doing, but I don't think they're doing things as personal as what most people think they're doing.

cruzzfish said:

As for the point missing thing, I never mentioned what you said in the slightest. What I did say was that Heckle should be more worried about being bombed. I am very well aware of the sort of precedents, and am very well against them, but those have nothing to do with whether or not Heckle should worry about drone strikes.

You said he shouldn't be worried about the government because if they wanted him dead, they would've killed him. As if to imply that as long as you're still breathing, you're free. To which I replied "what the shit". 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

You said he shouldn't be worried about the government because if they wanted him dead, they would've killed him. As if to imply that as long as you're still breathing, you're free. To which I replied "what the shit". 
Yeah, I phrased that badly. I'll edit this with the way I should have phrased it when I think of it.

cruzzfish said:
Well, Israel isn't part of the Five Eyes. If it was, I wouldn't differentiate it. It's also likely that flame or stuxnet were made by private companies on the orders of someone else, probably either the US or Israel.

And yeah, they should stop doing what they're doing, but I don't think they're doing things as personal as what most people think they're doing.

Well, they are, and they have been for ages, and will continue to ...

I just want it to be as useful for exoneration.

grantmichaels said:

Well, they are, and they have been for ages, and will continue to ...

I agree with that. I'll put up with it if it means I can prove myself innocent if I'm ever tried for murder or something similar. But until then, I'd rather they stopped collecting it. It's them pissing everyone off with it that causes terrorists that want to attack the US in the first place. We'd have a lot less problems if the country started acting altruistically.

Also

PMD. I see you're reading the thread. How's it going, I haven't seen you in a while.

Heckle said:

I must be missing billions of sex tapes, nudies, and murder confessions.

Its nice that you repeat some shit you heard on the news and believe it though.

Thats how they want you to work.
What an entirely twisted interpretation of something very straightforward that I said.

But thank you for compulsively responding to my post that was not addressed to you directly, thus proving once again that you can indeed troll your own topic.

You really should see somebody about this obsessive compulsive disorder that forces you to respond anytime that I post on anything. It's a little creepy .

grantmichaels said:

I understand the logic behind this, at least from a justice and fairness standpoint. If the information is there, why not, right? But you don't seriously believe they'd allow something like that to happen, do you? That would not only force them to divulge their tactics, but also give up their monopoly on the information. Which seems to be what spying (domestic or otherwise) is all about - not justice in the slightest.
     I'm just curious where you're going with this.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I understand the logic behind this, at least from a justice and fairness standpoint. If the information is there, why not, right? But you don't seriously believe they'd allow something like that to happen, do you? That would not only force them to divulge their tactics, but also give up their monopoly on the information. Which seems to be what spying (domestic or otherwise) is all about - not justice in the slightest.
Well, I'm not Grant, but they wouldn't have to reveal anything major as long as they keep it to one person accessing his or her own data. It wouldn't compromise anything because they still know whatever it is about you. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

I think they will have to ...

When I get taken downtown, and tell the cops I was somewhere besides where a crime was committed, I feel they should query, verify, and release ...

I believe over time the surveillance data will have to become open-data, and it'll all be based on capacity for real-time processing and even more so, pre-crime intervention (like Minority Report) ..

Back