• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Windows 10: Electronic Tyranny

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

Oh I just know where I have heard it.

Either way youre still just parroting it.
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
What an entirely twisted interpretation of something very straightforward that I said.

But thank you for compulsively responding to my post that was not addressed to you directly, thus proving once again that you can indeed troll your own topic.

You really should see somebody about this excessive compulsive disorder that forces you to respond anytime that I post on anything. It's a little creepy .

Nah man you said there is no secrecy anymore because everyone puts everything online anyway.

I didnt twist anything, I merely pointed out with example why youre wrong.

grantmichaels said:

I think they will have to ...

When I get taken downtown, and tell the cops I was somewhere besides where a crime was committed, I feel they should query, verify, and release ...

I believe over time the surveillance data will have to become open-data, and it'll all be based on capacity for real-time processing and even more so, pre-crime intervention (like Minority Report) ..

Interesting. So a piece of exonerating evidence that was gathered in an illegal manner would have to be provided? Even if it directly implicated the gatherer of a crime? Would laws have to change to provide the evidence gatherer legal immunity?
     Why do you assume they would make their data public? Why would a compromise of their monopoly on the information be in their best interests? 
cruzzfish said:
Well, I'm not Grant, but they wouldn't have to reveal anything major as long as they keep it to one person accessing his or her own data. It wouldn't compromise anything because they still know whatever it is about you. 

If they reveal their information, it could very likely lead to a person figuring out how it was gathered. If that gathering was illegal, the defendant would have legal grounds to press charges against the gatherer. I know I would.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Interesting. So a piece of exonerating evidence that was gathered in an illegal manner would have to be provided? Even if it directly implicated the gatherer of a crime? Would laws have to change to provide the evidence gatherer legal immunity?
     Why do you assume they would make their data public? Why would a compromise of their monopoly on the information be in their best interests? 
I'm pretty sure NSA have some loophole that makes it not illegal, so they'd be fine presenting it.

Also, how would it compromise their monopoly? You don't have to say exactly what the information is, just what time a call was made and so on. For example, if I sent out a call at 12:30 from my house, I couldn't be strangling someone in New York at 12:31. Who got the call, or what we talked about, aren't relevant. Just the fact that it was made proves me innocent.

Ya I dont see this info being anything like open source with the axiom that information is power so ingrained.

Not until people realize that secrets are their prison.

cruzzfish said:
I'm pretty sure NSA have some loophole that makes it not illegal, so they'd be fine presenting it.

Also, how would it compromise their monopoly? You don't have to say exactly what the information is, just what time a call was made and so on. For example, if I sent out a call at 12:30 from my house, I couldn't be strangling someone in New York at 12:31. Who got the call, or what we talked about, aren't relevant. Just the fact that it was made proves me innocent.

Ya this is how the patriot act and all the bullshit that has followed over the years got passed...ignorance.

One does not simply loophole the constitution. To avoid breaking the law known as the 5th amendment there must be further amendment to the constitution.

Heckle said:
Ya I dont see this info being anything like open source with the axiom that information is power so ingrained.

Not until people realize that secrets are their prison.

Ya this is how the patriot act and all the bullshit that has followed over the years got passed...ignorance.

One does not simply loophole the constitution. To avoid breaking the law known as the 5th amendment there must be further amendment to the constitution.
Don't you mean 4th amendment? The 5th is about people being made to answer for crimes, which is not what the NSA is doing. The NSA is getting evidence, not convicting anyone based on that evidence without a trial.

cruzzfish said:
Don't you mean 4th amendment? The 5th is about people being made to answer for crimes, which is not what the NSA is doing. The NSA is getting evidence, not convicting anyone based on that evidence without a trial.

holy shit, youre right, fucking ruined the streak

Prolly means I should stop for the day.

Point stands though, they are gathering evidence illegally and no loophole changes that the constitution has to be amended for any of this to be legal

Heckle said:

holy shit, youre right, f**king ruined the streak

Prolly means I should stop for the day.

Point stands though, they are gathering evidence illegally and no loophole changes that the constitution has to be amended for any of this to be legal
They're just going to get a warrant that reads "Earth" and be back at it by the end of the day.

Heckle said:

Nah man you said there is no secrecy anymore because everyone puts everything online anyway.

I didnt twist anything, I merely pointed out with example why youre wrong.
No, actually you did no such thing. You asserted that I was parroting something that I heard somewhere, insinuating that I am in capable of independent thought.

Compulsively.

The fact is that I first made the determination that people are less secure with their own personal information these days when I was a hiring manager in healthcare. As in interviewing manager I would often look up the Facebook accounts of prospective employees. You would be amazed by how many post questionable content online that caused me to disqualify them as a job candidate.

And I can't tell you how many times existing employees in the organization would be terminated or suspended for exposing HIPPA data through social media.

My point, which in your zeal to troll me was obviously missed, was that people in general are less secure with their data. So in a lot of ways the government doesn't even need to spy on people to find things out about them.

I thought it was an obvious point. Perhaps the obvious excapes you.

Heckle said:
Later troll.

Get your tin foil hat on, remember I'm taking over the entire site.

Nevar forget!
Classic troll - get owned, then go on the attack.

Back on ignore you go, psycho.

And in some ways you have. Way to put your stamp on things. :rolleyes:

images (10).jpg

Back