• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Wing Sauce from Scratch

CaJohn is hosting the Columbus North Market show on Feb 21st, and one of the things he is having at the show is a wing sauce contest. I do not know squat about making a wing sauce other than pouring some out of a bottle. I am looking for a recipe to make a basic wing sauce. I will totally retool the recipe to my liking, but the measurement part of it is what I need. I know DefCon has perfected it with cream, but I do not want to go this way. If I am going to try something I want to make it unique. So if anyone has one, please let me know. Thanks.

Hey Buffalo Man and welcome. Sorry, I'm not too much for the greeting threads usually. As was suggested in another thread. Do yourself a favor and get some Defcon. You will probably never want another sauce again. Get the Leviathan so you can try them all. I am an official acolyte and a client because they are just so damn good.

JayT said:
Hey Buffalo Man and welcome. Sorry, I'm not too much for the greeting threads usually. As was suggested in another thread. Do yourself a favor and get some Defcon. You will probably never want another sauce again. Get the Leviathan so you can try them all. I am an official acolyte and a client because they are just so damn good.

What he said, except for the acolyte. I don't like labels. Besides "minion" sounds much better. www.defconsauces.com Try the Condition 2 for parties and then the #1 if you want the flavor plus the burn.

Buddah said:
What he said, except for the acolyte. I don't like labels. Besides "minion" sounds much better. www.defconsauces.com Try the Condition 2 for parties and then the #1 if you want the flavor plus the burn.

And DM MKII and Zero if you are insane.:hell:

Oh and Buddah, I claim Acolyte status as I have sat at the Table of Virtue for an official Deathmatch...

JayT said:
And DM MKII and Zero if you are insane.:hell:

Oh and Buddah, I claim Acolyte status as I have sat at the Table of Virtue for an official Deathmatch...

Will you be at the Weekend of Fire for the Championship Deathmatch this year?

I hope so depending on work. I didn't say I am participating though. I know I can't win. I am a fan and can eat anything, but the speed of the contest defeats me. I lost to Huvason.

Possibly, but I remember very clearly the night of pain that followed. It will take a lot of beer and peer pressure. Huv was an animal that day though. Beat me by two whole wings and I thought I was motoring.

JayT said:

Thanks for the welcome. I was looking a the Defcon site a few hours ago and it looks like they have some pretty good stuff. I'm planning on buying some of their sauces as sooon as I look at all of them and decide which ones I want to try out.:)

JayT said:
I claim Acolyte status as I have sat at the Table of Virtue for an official Deathmatch...

Ahhh, Grasshopper, one more step to becoming an Acolyte of the Inner Circle. Just win a Deathmatch! You should definitely sit at the big one at Jungle Jim's. Hell, the trophy is over 3 feet tall alone! And the way the rules are set up, everyone has a chance...Hint, trash talk is highly encouraged.

The trophy would be great, but I want sauce!!! I would say there is a 50-50 chance. I am leary of doing it again, but I am sure by the time comes I will probably change my mind.

Back