• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
anyone know how you can stop this?

Ive lost half my chillis and capsicums to this atm...ive sprayed the plants with pyrenthins for now... to stop it, quite frustrating

20121117_182834.jpg

anyone know how you can stop this?

Ive lost half my chillis and capsicums to this atm...ive sprayed the plants with pyrenthins for now... to stop it, quite frustrating

20121117_182834.jpg

I noticed some little butterflies landing on the outside of my C. Pubescens pods today and became suspicious of them. Last season I lost a number of pods to caterpillars that appeared to eat their way into the pods.

Have you considered placing bags around some of your pods to see if it stops the caterpillars from getting into them?

Have you considered placing bags around some of your pods to see if it stops the caterpillars from getting into them?

Just what I was gonna say. ;)

Hit up your local el cheapo store and look for those organza gift bag type dealies.

IMG_9192.JPG

Great thing about 'em is the pull-tie/drawstring. Makes life just that little bit easier.

Any of you guys ever used Nitrosol? I used it last week, and so far so good. I bought it because it has more nitrogen and potassium, and less phosphorus. Harved recommended dosage as per usual.

20121128_173214.jpg

Any of you guys ever used Nitrosol? I used it last week, and so far so good. I bought it because it has more nitrogen and potassium, and less phosphorus. Harved recommended dosage as per usual.

20121128_173214.jpg

Amgrow Nitrosol is my primary fertiliser. The Capsicum Pubescens plants respond well to it:
EqvPE.jpg

(Not) Locato No2 - Pod Action

I use it at 1/8 of the full dose due to my watering frequency (less water but more often). In the past season when the plants lasted a few days between waterings I used it at quarter strength.

I made a big mistake....

My first ripe chilli (its a lot more orange in real life)

Bulgarian carrot...

I cut a slice for me and fiancee thinking that it was 10 000SHU.....

We were both smashing milk within seconds...i didnt relise it was 100-350 000SHU.....

Fail on my behalf...

20121129_183322.jpg

Bulgarian carrots are not that hot bro.
5-10000shu don't know what you have if its 350000shu ??? Anyway its hot so nice one!!

and its not even ripe yet!!!.

ive actually already had pods this season. 3 teeny tiny little orange habs. they were awesome. nice heat, and tasted really good. none of the metallic taste or anything.. shame none of them had seeds as they would have been awesome to try and grow. the biggest one was not as nig as my thumb nail.

hmm this page said 100 000shu :( it certainly wasnt 10 000 i can eat jalapenos etc and they are around there

this was one small slither and gone....

Lol j , m8 eat a fatalli or better yet a yellow 7 that will light ur arse up , will also make u c through time lol with a gr8 taste :) , just keep eating the carrots it will help u build a tolerance to get up to the hot stuff , or do what I did eat the biggest bhut u can find and nothing will be hot ever again !

But done get me wrong be proud of ur pod ! U made it that's what counts

Could be a different heat you are not acclimated to. New pods can catch you a little off guard sometimes, even if they're not supposed to be that hot. Just keep munching 'em and you'll be hammering 'em without flinching in no time. ;)

M8 pm me and I'll drop u sum little heat beads off if u like next time I'm down that way , they r only small but pack a punch I think it's the weather
325972D3-CDFA-4F31-8E28-C033B38B5659-1618-0000029163D67FD9.jpg

no problems, i got some butch and naga's on the way.

What are hot fish like?? they seemt o be doing the best of my plants, they have the white markings on the leaves which looks nice too

Don't worry your not alone, I had some thai chilli the other day that was hotter then I could handle, and I'm about to start eating Bih jolokia's. :mouthonfire: I think my tolerance has gone down over the winter. Well I think the best solution to this problem is jump in head first.

Amgrow Nitrosol is my primary fertiliser. The Capsicum Pubescens plants respond well to it:
EqvPE.jpg

(Not) Locato No2 - Pod Action

I use it at 1/8 of the full dose due to my watering frequency (less water but more often). In the past season when the plants lasted a few days between waterings I used it at quarter strength.

I have a small Rocoto that I had forgotten to give any Nitrosol. Will be interested to see how well it goes now, so far it has been a very slow grower.

Summer starts in six hours lads. :fireball:

Ive got a 36°C tomorrow & 38°C Sunday, then its cooling down to 35°C.

Mezo.

Back