Yellow Bhut Jolokia - ChileSeeds

I bought a packet, I needed to put through another order to chileseeds.co.uk for some other things, so it was not that much to add on that.

Will report in a few months :D

I'll never again buy chileseeds' overhyped, overpriced, unproven, unreliable seeds:( Just too many problems since Gerald started specializing in super-hotties
Maybe the e-bay version is different since they said they "had to work on them", where chileseeds just says its a true-breeding mutant. Hell I'd say that too if I wanted sales;)

POTAWIE said:
I'll never again buy chileseeds' overhyped, overpriced, unproven, unreliable seeds:( Just too many problems since Gerald started specializing in super-hotties
Maybe the e-bay version is different since they said they "had to work on them", where chileseeds just says its a true-breeding mutant. Hell I'd say that too if I wanted sales;)

I agree.

Just a few minutes back, I had a detailed discussion with Frontal Agritech Jorhat Assam about this so called natural Yellow Bhut jolokia.

They said that they have "NEVER" seen any yellow Bhut/Nga/Bih or any such Bhut type pepper in yellow color.

He also gave me an exciting news about one specific strain of Bhuts that has making of all time favorits.

They will be coming out with the news about isolating this strain and its characteristics soon.

I am very excited.

I am dismissing "yellow" as a .....(you know what)

NJA

I will agree with you on that Potawie, that they are overhyped and overpriced. To me, I would not be surprised if that picture is photoshopped, but here is hoping it isn't.

10 quid is a small price to pay to find out, and as we already have one person from the forum dumb enough to buy them (me) in a few months we will find out, then also, we will have seed stock that can be sent out to forum members.

""Hell I'd say that too if I wanted sales ;)"" Ditto mate, ditto ...

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on asiasgarden's lemon bhuts. Yes I'm also dumb enough to try :) I'll get these going as soon as I get my hands on them and give a report.

I wonder what happened to last year's new pepper from chileseeds, the Trinidad viper.
What a load of B.S.

Strange too that chileseeds is also the chilli pepper company. Either chile or chilli, you can't use both:)

Gerald determined the Trinidad Viper was so pungent it couldn't be sold commercially as people we're dying during taste tests as it was heat rated at 9,500,000 on the Draehmann scale Potawie.

I would have to agree that this looks a little fishy. It is interesting that both have the same picture and yet one is a mutation and one is a cross pollinated variety. Personally not expecting too much from this, but what the hey, why not? I'm intrigued. It might still be an interesting grow. I guess I'll find out in a few months.

jacob

The Bhut (as well as 7-pot/pod and T. scorpion) names are quickly being degraded just like the habanero:(
In my opinion when a variety gets crossed, it should no longer be identified by its parent name since it just leads to unaccurate and unneeded confusion and hype. Why not call it something original or just varietyA * varietyB
As for the yellow bhut, coming from chileseeds I'd bet money that its not really a mutant but rather an unintentional, unknown cross that will be dissapointing and unstable

It tastes great to me. I just tasted a couple big pieces (from about half a dried pod) on a sandwich and I like it a lot.
quick shipping.
i got 18 seeds. and dragon dust too.
I'll wet 6 of em down tonite.

I have some so called Orange Bhut Jolokia's that germinated, purchased from chileseeds.co.uk.

One thing I've noticed is that the leave structure is more similar to say a 7 Pod/Trin Scorp/Habanero than that of a Naga/Bhut. With my Naga/Bhut's, I have more of a long, thinner type leave structure, whereas the others are more true oval type shapes.

Some pics for example:

Choc Bhut clone from last grow season, just starting to flower:
DSC01987.JPG

Orange Bhut
DSC01988.JPG

CPI Bhut
DSC01989.JPG

All plants above were germinated from seeds that were purchased from chileseeds.co.uk.

Even if they are crosses (yellow + orange bhut), stable or not, you can stable them yourself, and in the end you might come across something that is really really fascinating.

It is all good and well collecting pure strain seeds and keeping them pure, but I for one am more interested in crossing just to see what I can get.

I understand the other side of the argument saying that they shouldn't really be selling them under those names if specifically not from those regions. As Potawie said they shouldn't use the parents name, but I would think even with habs that they were crossed, intentionally or not (naturally in the wild) yet we still all accept them as the same family, so to speak.

If the Yellow Naga looks, tastes, smells something like the original Nagas, with somewhere near the same heat level, then why not have it in the same family name?

People are assholes, if one person wants to call it a Yellow Naga, we can sit and complain all we want, but they are still going to call it what ever they want. But we will find out in a few months when the first of us grow them, and then, seeds for everyone and they loose money :D

FYI, a cute girl came up to me on the street and handed me a seed, I grew it and it turned out to be a pink bhut, I call it QTπ Bhut. Any takers? Pic included.

Taj said:
Even if they are crosses (yellow + orange bhut),
FYI, a cute girl came up to me on the street and handed me a seed, I grew it and it turned out to be a pink bhut, I call it QTπ Bhut. Any takers? Pic included.

Taj,

Pink Bhut....:lol:

NJA

OMG I want seed NJA I can't refuse. I'll trade you my newest super hot. it's an 8 pod pepper. I was so pissed off because every time I cut up my 7 pod, the 8th pot of soup never had enough heat. This one does the trick now. :)

Back