Yellow Bhut Jolokia - ChileSeeds

cmpman1974 said:
OMG I want seed NJA I can't refuse. I'll trade you my newest super hot. it's an 8 pod pepper. I was so pissed off because every time I cut up my 7 pod, the 8th pot of soup never had enough heat. This one does the trick now. :)

I won't mind trading yellow bhut (1 ton of seeds) for this pink panther...:P

NJA

Dude that's funny!
18146_pink_122_559lo.jpg
18146_pink_122_559lo.jpg

Actually, several months back, I posted about the surprise yellow jolokia plants that I had coming up (not sure exactly where the thread is now) in the midst of my other jolokias... and nothing was remotely close for them to have cross-pollinated to produce a hybrid. I had picked up the seeds originally almost 2 years ago from India (i forget exactly where) and the "yellow seeds" came directly from that pack of seeds.
I posted pics and even sent an inquery about them to the Chili pepper Institute (without a responce from them which was very disappointing).
The peppers size, smell and taste were about the same as the "red" jolokias... they just looked cool. :)

I've got them dried now, and had promised pepperman a few, so will be sending some to him soon.

28a145a6-12fb-42d1-9084-b702c636cc73.jpg

Coach said:
I had picked up the seeds originally almost 2 years ago from India (i forget exactly where) and the "yellow seeds" came directly from that pack of seeds.
I posted pics and even sent an inquery about them to the Chili pepper Institute (without a responce from them which was very disappointing).
The peppers size, smell and taste were about the same as the "red" jolokias... they just looked cool. :)

I've got them dried now, and had promised pepperman a few, so will be sending some to him soon.

coach,

where all did you go in India?

NJA

The pepper looks more of a cross (In India, I have seen these peppers but can we call them Naga/Bhut? I don't know):confused:

NJA

Ok well ,,I`ve got seeds for the first person to answer.I grew pablos bhuts this yr and yes they hurt!Mine came out yellow after damn near 6 months.Thought it might be our temp/ground and all.Someone wants to try i`ll send seeds and see what happens.Any info would be great. Rich

Coach said:
Actually, several months back, I posted about the surprise yellow jolokia plants that I had coming up (not sure exactly where the thread is now) in the midst of my other jolokias... and nothing was remotely close for them to have cross-pollinated to produce a hybrid. I had picked up the seeds originally almost 2 years ago from India (i forget exactly where) and the "yellow seeds" came directly from that pack of seeds.

Hi Coach, do you have any pics of the Bhut cut open?

hixs said:
Ok well ,,I`ve got seeds for the first person to answer.I grew pablos bhuts this yr and yes they hurt!Mine came out yellow after damn near 6 months.Thought it might be our temp/ground and all.Someone wants to try i`ll send seeds and see what happens.Any info would be great. Rich

Sounds really interesting Rich, by chance do you have any pics?

Ok well i`ve got very few seeds ---under 30---be glad to send a few BUT AS I GOT THEM FROM PABLO---THEY WERE RED! Not 1 plant this yr went red but hurts when even asking about them! JR and PM be glad to send but HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS no promises! please let me know when they put out for you.

Pepper and Jungle
Pm me and i`ll give you my addy.Pepper might still have mine and pepper do you by chance have access to berebere seeds?You` will forever be worshiped here if you can. Bye

ipreferamediumroast said:
I went searching for nagas this weekend and all I found was "dried nagas". They were somoked also, like chipotles. Will the seeds be ok to plant?

Most places that dry them do it at high temperatures (around 60degrees) which kills any viable seed. You would have to find out how they were dried first.

If they were smoked, or heat dried then the seeds won't likely germinate. There are many sources online, use your google-foo;)

Some Pictures of the Yellow Bhut Jolokia opened up.

I hope this works (first time posting a photo link.) This is the much discussed "Yellow Bhut Jolokia" shown opened up. I have lots of pictures of this chile on the plant, in the lightbox and opened up.

IMG_8635.jpg

Back