• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your Username

Mine is very close to my given name. It's also a "stagename" I've used for over 20 years. More people know me by "Chuk Hell" than my actual name!

chuk hell said:
Mine is very close to my given name. It's also a "stagename" I've used for over 20 years. More people know me by "Chuk Hell" than my actual name!

I don't suppose ya know the Suicide Girls? ;)

Mine is a car i built years ago. Sickmont was a 1978 Ford Fairmont with a 514 big block ford in it...And since it was no longer "fair" to the people i clobbered on the dragstrip here with her, she was christened the 'sick'mont.

Oh, yeah. On other sites i'm also known by my more popular name: Martini Whore

Jeebus Crispy. I had driver's ed in a '78 Fairmont.
Man, I was gyped..lol

That anyone would put a big block in a Fairmont...is just sick already.

I knew I liked ya. ;)

QuadShotz said:
Jeebus Crispy. I had driver's ed in a '78 Fairmont.
Man, I was gyped..lol

That anyone would put a big block in a Fairmont...is just sick already.

I knew I liked ya. ;)

I like to be super-sneaky AND carry a really big stick under the hood of my cars.

The grandma beige color helped a lot too. Only problem was when i started it she was loud enough to shake your balls off from 50 feet away.

moyboy said:
Can you also teach me about the birds and the bees.:D
Sure, bees are small insects from the Hymenoptera order. They like pollen and puke it up which is where we get honey from. Their stings hurt and cause anaphalctic shock in some individuals.

Birds on the other hand, are flying animals in the Chordata phylum. They lay eggs are walk on to legs. Their skelital sttructure is very unique in that their bones are hallow which allows they to be very light thus helping flight. The dodo's were also birds but they were too tasty and thus were eaten and became extinct.

I was in new home construction specializing in millwork/trim. About the time I got started in all the forums that I currently belong to it just seemed to work for me.

Potawie was a made up word from long ago which basically meant instant rush to a certain group of people. Used in a sentence it would be something like "holy f'in potawie I'm hammered man". These days I continue to use the term but for pepper related endorphin rushes.

I was hoping you'd explain yours Potawie as I always wondered what it meant. I was curious about Sickmonts too but I already knew what it meant before this thread because I'm such a nosy cow I asked him a week or so ago.

POTAWIE said:
Potawie was a made up word from long ago which basically meant instant rush to a certain group of people. Used in a sentence it would be something like "holy f'in potawie I'm hammered man". These days I continue to use the term but for pepper related endorphin rushes.

Reminiscent of "Shpadoinkle!" If you don't know, check out the movie "Cannibal! The Musical."
Mine's just a nickname my cousin started calling me when we were kids.

Mines obvious too. "Natural Green Medications" refers to my collection of medicinal plant information. You tell me the plant and I'll tell you what it's used for now and in the past. I'll even give you the real medical uses for it in today's world. It's been a fascination to me since early youth.

An old Native American women who was the healer for her tribe used to take me on long walks with her through the woods and along creek and pond banks in search of herbs and edible plants.

It was more of a task than immediately evident. She had only one foot. She wore a straight wooden peg on her leg and she'd get stuck sometimes and I had to help pull it out of the mud. She'd cuss in "Indian" while we worked at it. I have no idea what she said but it sounded pretty bad.

She wore a huge apron that would hold about two bushels of stuff and when it started getting full, she'd have me help her hold it up until we got to her house where she'd dump it on the kitchen table and sort it out.

She'd explain each plant to me and what her people used it for, for "all time", as she said. Most of what she picked went into the big cast iron pot on her wood burner and became part of her family's ongoing stew.

If you came into her home, you sat at that table and had a bowl of stew.....PERIOD. It wasn't optional. Since we lived in a very poor neighborhood, most of the kids who came around were in need of a meal anyway. I remember the taste of that stew to this day.

She carried a 22 long rifle across her back also. If a rabbit, squirrel or any other edible animal got within her range, it became part of that same stew.

Every time I read my screen name, I think of her. I loved her like a Mother, which was handy because I never got to meet mine. Her only name was pronounced "Namie". She didn't read or write, so I never knew how to spell it.

It's surprising how many people think my screen name means something about smoking pot. hehe

I guess my knowledge of Hydroponics and a name like that makes them think so.

Heh heh -- I received a beer making kit a long time ago and I was coming up with label ideas .... at that time my English Bulldog was not fixed and was blessed (?) with unusally large bits ... for the label I took a photo of him and he had turned halfway before I snapped the picture giving the camera and myself a shot of his hindend..... so in jest I started calling the beer Lucky Dog. The beer making is no more but the name lives on.

Other sites I am usually Goon -- thats another story

NatGreenMeds said:
Mines obvious too.

To you maybe. I thought your name was Nat, and you like meds. :onfire:

imaguitargod said:
Hey, THP, how about an explanation for yous.

hehe

It's some cool website, check it out.

rainbowberry said:
I was hoping you'd explain yours Potawie as I always wondered what it meant. I was curious about Sickmonts too but I already knew what it meant before this thread because I'm such a nosy cow I asked him a week or so ago.

Thought you might no..Interesting Sickmont...Nat It Makes perfect sense :lol:

Pretty much the same one I've been using for everything for years. I liked it better when you kinda had to be at least a little "in the know". I'm not sure I'm fanboy enough to still have it. but hey it's here so....

Cheezy demon.

Cheezy in that I like cheese almost as much as peppers, and sometimes my humor is a little cheezy.

Demon in that I am not actually a physical being, but am in fact, one of the powerful beings commanded to guard the seventh gate of HELL.

;)

Back