• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn grow 2012

Outside in my backyard are the remains of my 2011 season carcass sprawling all over the backyard. It is ugly! It needs to be reanimated and made ready for my 2012 season within 2 months.

Inside of course the season has began all over again. I am very pleased to say that I am only germinating 36 variety's so far this year. That is down 75 from last year. Pending some trades arrival from Finland, (7 more), that will be all. I have managed to keep myself out of the marketplace where the seeds tend to flow like white water rapids.

Here is my germ list for 2012;

Yellow 7 Pod Cappy purchased pods
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Cappy purchased pods
Trinidad Yellow Scorpion CARDI Saved seeds (me)
Bih Jolokia
T. S. Moruga Blend
7 Pot Jonah
Aji Yuquitania
Aji Lima Rojo
Murupi Amarilla
Cumari do Para
BGH 1725
Douglah
Inca Red Drop
Costeno Amarillo
Onza Roja
Charapita
Beni Highlands
Fatalii
Douglah/ Faria scotch b. X f1
Bhut Jolokia Tonly pods (Thanks!)
Cumari ou Passirinho Tonly pods (Thanks!)
Trinidad Congo Red Windchicken pods (Thanks!)
Guampinho de Veado Windchicken pods (Thanks!)
Yellow Scotch Bonnets Windchicken pods (Thanks!)
Tepin
Espelette Basque
Bahama Goat Pepper
(Fat Juicy) piquin Smiter Q pods (Thanks!)
7 Pot Chiguanas Peppermainia
Inca Berry Peppermainia
Aji Amarillo Peppermainia
Lemon Drop Peppermainia
Brazilian Pumpkin Peppermainia (gift seeds, Thanks!)
Maule's Red Hot Peppermainia
Alma Paprika Peppermainia
Zapotec Jalapeno Peppermainia

Also a few Tomato's and maybe some Goji Berry

I also have around 60 overwintered plants. Here's a couple; Good Luck to all this season!

T. scorpion B. T.
Jan122012peppers009.jpg

Hawaiian Chile seeds collected from Hilo F. M. pods
Jan122012peppers013.jpg

Those are some beautiful looking plants. Can't wait to follow your grow! Good luck to you as well.

60 overwinters!? Probably one of the reasons your not starting as many this year lol. That's awesome though dude. They look great. I hope to do that next year if all goes well, just overwinter one of everything so I won't have to start any seeds of that variety. Good luck.

Brandon

PJ,
I have a backporch that I closed in a couple years ago with 10 windows and 2 glass doors. Last year I used a couple flouro's out there to overwinter but this year I did not use any. Most plants were cut way back in early Dec. Most have a lot of growth on them. Last year I had a lot of aphids during the overwinter but so far not much. Still a month or so to go before I can move them out. I'll watch the 7 day forecasts for possible cold snaps then.

I germinate in the garage and have grow box out there too.

Mike

Here are a few pics to update. psuedo Ang watches over the Tepin field
2012seedlingsFeb6008.jpg

Goji berries, we will see how they do here.
2012seedlingsFeb6009.jpg

Some overwintered c. frutescens
2012seedlingsFeb6011.jpg

A rather unattractive pile of overwinters
2012seedlingsFeb6012.jpg

Some c. chinense in the grow box. The light is not ideal, I have been adding to it.
2012seedlingsFeb6003.jpg

Radar dishes focused
2012seedlingsFeb6005.jpg

nice going there! Nice looking stock of overwinters there, they will make sure you get early pods and lots of em :)

Thanks Gary, Prodigal, and Kiddc.

Gary, I've had great germ rates with your seeds, but 4 of my own seed varieties are not showing (including the Cumari I sent you). Curious if you had any luck with them. Very sorry if you haven't. I've sowed a 2nd go round on those resistant Brazilian's.

Prodigal, I will do my best to come up with nice pics and hopefully not same ole' same ole'! I use a dinosaur digital slr and I really need something else.

Kiddc, I sure hope to get more produce early this year. Hope your season goes well.

Looks great Mike, seedlings look happy and healthy, good to see the overwinters are doing well. Mine are in my garage and are chilling under lights. Looks like you got Zapotec Jalapeno from Beth too, i wonder how these will be.

Cool "Avatar Ang" action figure. Really like the cartoon series but the movie really sucks.

Thanks PJ, Yeah, Beth spoke highly of them and I haven't grown a jalapeno in a while so it will be fun. The figure is actually a Vietnameas New year charactor (I believe) that a coworker gave me. I put the Ang arrow on him for my own amusement. I had to suffer through that movie on a plane coming back from Hawaii. I agree! My kids loved the show.

Later and good luck, Mike

Gary, I've had great germ rates with your seeds, but 4 of my own seed varieties are not showing (including the Cumari I sent you). Curious if you had any luck with them. Very sorry if you haven't. I've sowed a 2nd go round on those resistant Brazilian's

Hi Mike! I just found this post...It's good to hear that my seeds are sprouting...Last year was my first at saving seeds. I'm just hoping they grow true!

I've got 6 cells of a Jiffy Tray planted with your Bahamian Goat Pepper, and another 6 with the Cumari do Para. It's too early to tell about viability, however, as it's only been 11 days since I sowed seeds. Of the 216 cells that I planted, the first one only showed a hook this morning...Aji Limo Rojo...

I suppose one could consider the Cumari to be a bird pepper...I would think, in that light, that they might be some slow starters?

Your grow is looking great! You are several weeks ahead of me, at least...

Back