• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Changing it up this year guys and gals! No mothers. Going old school this season. Decided to give my genetics a season off and grow everyone else's stuff! I never even dug up the mothers this fall. I just let em sit in their holes and allowed mother winter to take her toll. I know what you're thinking "you let 8 year old plants die!" In a way I did, but no worries. The genetics will live on for future seasons via my seed stock. :) I'll post the line up for this season in a bit.

YOLO PG!

I thought you'd have a lot more seeds started than that?

Will be cool to see your methodology of bringing seeds to fruition.

Welcome to the fray buddy.

nice setup! is that a humidity/temp sensor?
Just a ferry Morse thermostat for the mat. I keep it around 80F :)

YOLO PG!

I thought you'd have a lot more seeds started than that?

Will be cool to see your methodology of bringing seeds to fruition.

Welcome to the fray buddy.
Its 18 varieties so far! That's almost too much for me man. I already have too many peppers each season as it is! LOL

Did you save the stalks from the mothers to turn into canes or anything? :lol:
They're still out there! GOOD IDEA!

Giru, I hope you keep up on this glog. Your Glogs from last year kind of fizzled out midseason, and it was worse than having my favorite tv show canceled.
It did? Sorry man, I know! But I was brewing something fierce! I do have a nice 2012 season recap video that I need to upload! Hope that will make up for it! I won't let you down this season man, promise. :)

Honestly the way your BrainStrain grew in a single season, why save mothers?
...If it only worked that way every time. Regardless I don't expect anything different this year.

This is about the time you start the Trout Soup?

Honestly the way your BrainStrain grew in a single season, why save mothers?
...If it only worked that way every time. Regardless I don't expect anything different this year.

This is about the time you start the Trout Soup?
Mothers do have advantages over first years. Both can grow quite large in a season, but the mother gets a head start ;) You need massive root systems to pod up and vegetate simultaneously, at the rates you see in these plants. Only two ways to achieve that. 1) Optimal early growth via airy, living root zones in first year plants. 2) Previously established root structures in older plants (mothers).

With mothers, there is no lag time. Once you harden them off outside in the early spring, they are quick to fruit. While the rest of the plants are still wee chlidren she is the one giving you fruit in April :)

I think trout season opens up March 30th. Ill be in Arizona for two weeks then, but when I come back....you know whats up! Its trout hunting time! Gonna be stinkin round these parts.

I will miss seeing pics of those huge mother plants you had. I look forward to seeing your new plants after they have been sippin some good ole compost tea. We want see a list of the seeds you planted.

Back