• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post Your Eats!

Food blogs and megathreads.
Can’t decide which of D-dog’s BBQ rubs to order? Order all three and save some money with the D-dog’s BBQ rubs three pack. This package includes one 8.5 ounce bottle of D-dog’s BBQ Original rub, one 8.5 ounce bottle of D-dog’s BBQ Maple rub and one 8.5 ounce bottle of D-dog’s BBQ Apple rub. All three bottles for only $20.00!:hell:
I know most competetive chili cooks use dry peppers and spices but what fresh peppers and herbs/spices would be best for a bowl of red thats not too hot. I usually use a lot of poblanos and mulatos and a few habs with fresh onions, garlic and herbs and I usually try a verde chili with tomatillos that grow wild in my garden. Anybody got a favorite fresh pepper or herb/spice/veggy that they use? I'm starting to smoke a lot of peppers and some plum tomatoes too, which go well in chili.
The beer can chicken or drunken chicken is becoming popular lately in my neck of the woods which means its eaier to buy the rack/support. There are different qualities and different designs coming out but they all serve the same purpose, supporting the bird. I used a tray under this small one for easy crean-up. This is a very forgiving method of cooking with moist meat every time. Prep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: Few hours, depends on size of bird and method of cooking Servings: Depends on size Heat Level (Spiciness): Medium Ingredients: A small to medium chicken(must be able to fit upright on BBQ or smoker Instructions: Stick the bird (prepared) on a half full can of beer(not the cheap or bland stuff) with seasonings added...
Yeah, I know. Not too exciting, right? Well, when you do something like my wife did...I find it really exciting! (ok...get your minds out of the gutter) We decided to have some lunch and hot dogs sounded prety good. I like to slather on some mayo and my favorite hot sauce (my NUCLEAR SCURVY) with a little chopped onion. She made some home made fries and well, since the oil in the fryer was still hot (and I'm out of charcoal) in went the dogs. I have to say, those were the best dogs EVER! Nice and crispy skin very juicy middle...and with my selection of condiments, sheer perfection. I think the dogs were in the oil for about 5 minutes at 365*F. Next up: Fried jalapeños
Hey Pepper Headz!! I'm going to sell some powders this year. Right now I have the following: FATALII (GREAT STUFF!! HOT!! ) $7.00 2 oz NAGA MORICH (INSANE!!!!!!!!!) $12.00 2 oz (7 OZ AVAILABLE!!! ORDER NOW) ORANGE HAB (GREAT ON PIZZA!!) $7.00 2 oz ALSO: FARMER'S PEPPER JELLY (WOW..THE BEST IN LOUSIANA!!TRUST ME) $7.00 Jar PRIMO'S SEASONING RUB (MY FRIENDS CAN'T STOP USING IT..GREAT ON STEAK!!) $5.00 2.5 oz Email for more info..low shipping rates, etc... Rock on, Primo Primo's Peppers 179 Lousia Lafayette, LA 70506 USA primosanteria@hotmail.com
March is such a wonderful month! You have the first day of spring. Saint Patrick’s Day is coming up. And most importantly you have my birthday (March 21st)!! So to celebrate I am offering USPS First Class shipping for FREE on all orders, for the whole month of March!! Just choose the free ground shipping in the shopping cart and you get the free shipping! Boy is that easy!! http://ddogsbbq.com
It's the battle of sauces! E.Z. Earl's Blazin' Hot Stuff and DEFCON 1... The winner is... ME! Since I got to eat both of them! I like this is because it is simple, and provides me with dinner and 3 lunches. Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Servings: depends Heat Level (Spiciness): Hot Ingredients: BBQ sauce or wing sauce of choice Pizza shell or dough shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup per pizza) sliced hot peppers (fresh or pickled) 6 oz of cooked chicken per pizza, shredded (canned chicken works well) Instructions: Spread the BBQ or wing sauce on the dough or shell. Add the chicken, cover with cheese, and add peppers. Cook according to dough/shell directions. Enjoy! Level of Difficulty: Easy
I always make this in 2 kg lots in a large pyrex bowl. When its mixed up and covered with wrap stick it on the top shelf of the fridge, It'll do for Friday night, breakfast Saturday & Lunch, after that you'll be bored with burgers so scrunch the mixture into little balls, fry them up & add a tin of tomatoes...you'll have meatballs. You Will Need - - 2 KG 'regular' mince (dont get lean, lite or 'heartsmart' it will lack flavor & dry out too fast) - 3 large freerange eggs (unless you like paying people to torture animals) - 1 large carrot - 1 large spanish (purple) Onion - Fresh Rosemary (about half a handful) - Fresh Basil (about half a handful) - Fresh Parsley [Not Italian] (about half a handful) - Add as many of any kind of chilli...
Roast the following: 10-12 habaneros 15-20 garlic cloves 1 medium sweet onion remove stems and seeds from habs and paper from garlic and onion Add to 20 oz. Sour cream I added a couple teaspoons of Danny Cash's STAYS COOL sauce but you could substitute fresh lime or lemon juice and a couple fresh serranos or jalapenos ( optional) Combine all ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend well. Dip Stuff. Drink beer. Watch Super Bowl. :hell:
I am a huge fan of grilled chicken wings. I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across a grilled chicken wing recipe that I had written down a few years ago. So I made some up and they were incredible!!! Best wings I have had. So I am going to share the recipe with you guys. 16 chicken wings Sauce: 1 Cup of Ketchup ¼ Cup Dijon mustard ¼ Cup hot sauce ¼ Cup soy sauce 1 tablespoon of brown sugar Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add chicken wings and let marinate overnight. Before grilling make up a fresh batch of the sauce for basting. Put wings on the grill and baste during cooking with sauce. Cook wings over medium high heat. Stop basting wings the last five minutes of cooking. Serve wings hot or at room temp. Enjoy!!
Chile Rellenos THP Poblanos, roasted and peeled. In a bowl mix together cooked yellow rice (cook the rice with saffron and your favorite dry spices), black beans, raisins, ricotta salata cheese, toasted pinenuts, chopped fresh jalapenos, dry spices, and enchilada sauce. Stuff the peppers with the mixture. For the batter, one egg and 1 tbsp. flour for each pepper. Dip the peppers in the batter and shallow fry them in hot oil, cooking until golden brown on each side. Serve on a plate and pour some of the extra enchilada sauce over the top.
I am so close to having my rub business up and running on all cylinders. The labels for my bottles will be completed in a few weeks. My website is under construction. While I am waiting for those to be completed I have several boxes of rub that has been bottled by the co-packer. I was thinking that rather than wait I should sell some of these bottles of rub. Since I have not paid the expense of the labels and other stuff yet I can sell these bottles of rub cheaper now than I will be able to later. Right now I have bottles of Original rub and Maple rub. For the next few weeks I will sell two 8.5 ounce bottles for $11.00. This price does not include shipping. You will be able to order two bottles of original or two bottles of maple or...
Beans, rice, eggs, and cheese provide the protein while chili powder and cumin provide the kick. Serve this with a simple tossed salad. Ingredients: Salsa (cooks choice) 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice 3/4 cup milk 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained 2 beaten eggs 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt Chopped green pepper Nonstick spray coating 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) Steps: 1. In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender but not brown. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 minute more. Cool. Stir in beans, cooked rice, cheese, milk, and eggs...
I make this a lot. It's easy, and good! I don't roast the poblanos first, I just cut the end almost off, stuff them, and use a toothpick to close them back up. Stuffing: Spanish rice mixed with chopped fresh jalapenos, raisins (golden or regular), toasted pinenuts, enchilada sauce (kick it up if you want), and ricotta salata cheese. Stuff. Roast on grill. Pour enchilada sauce over. Eat.
Back