• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

15 Kilo fresh peppers

Today I got the opportunity to buy 15 kilo of freshly picked peppers for a very good price. I had to accept this offer :)
Only problem is that I don't know what I got as it all came mixed. I hope there are some members here that can help me identify the peppers. I have some ideas but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the help and if you have suggestions what I can make with them please let me know.

the boxes
peppers-1.jpg

amazing looking chilis hope iam right about my judment

all whats in section 2 are chinense peach habanero or related
the first three in part three are annuum jalapeno and goats weed. same part the joker`s hat or bishop baccatum, thats the most i can tell

Vincent said:
3 euro per kilo

I have just got to visit the Netherlands. A kilo of chillies like that here would cost probably 10 times that - and that's assuming you could find them.

Just so we can help you better, you need to set up a camera, tape yourself eating one of each group, commenting on flavor and heat. Then we should be able to give you a lot better idea what each one is :hell:

Very nice haul for the money. Now, what to do with them? Decide what you can eat fresh in the next few weeks and refrigerate. All the Hab types in part 2 don't freeze that well IMO, I would dehydrate them with a dehydrator. Or make any large batches of sauces you prefer. The Jalapeno, Bishops Crown group in Part 3 should all freeze pretty well. The Cayenne types below that look like they would all air dry fine by just sticking them in a paper bag. Wash them all 1st with running cold water.

I recommend making and eating as many poppers as you can. You're a pretty lucky guy! I've wanted to try a bishop's crown popper for some time now and when I tried to grow them, well let's just say that it didn't work out. I've got plants on the grow right now, but I'll have to wait until next year to try them :(

Blister said:
I recommend making and eating as many poppers as you can. You're a pretty lucky guy! I've wanted to try a bishop's crown popper for some time now and when I tried to grow them, well let's just say that it didn't work out. I've got plants on the grow right now, but I'll have to wait until next year to try them :(

POPPERS ALL YOU CAN STAND:onfire::mouthonfire:

Back