• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Grow Log

Txclosetgrower said:
You hear that AJ? That's the sound of an asswhipping so severe you can hear it 3 months in advance!

Well you can just bring that whuppin' on up the road then TCG...just getting ready to post pics of 18 days from seed for the Fatalii Smackdown...take a look see...

You're gonna be playing catchup until the end....

The goats weeds are great.

I find them self germinating all aront my "tree"

I pick tjem out and stick them in a pot and they go nuts.

I gave one to Novacastrian and have 2 more in pots that i found growing in the herbs.

Yours look darker in the leaves. Must be the lights.

I will take shots of my younger plants ofr comparison

cheers

Things are moving right along, some plants are starting to develop the leaves at the nodes of leaves. Everything is sprouted (shit still need to plant that piqueranno fro Jonathan)

3258661155_ee7d4cb13e_b.jpg

You can see the leaves sprouting at the base of the first leaves on this guy (Goats Weed):
3259492000_370dd8114b.jpg

and another pic of the goats weed. I just like how this one looks:
3259492256_2269018273.jpg

Fish pepper is the tallest yet:

3258661655_4fd4fb9242.jpg

Fish peppers are supposed to have variegated leaves. I can't tell if that is what is starting to happen here or if it is some kind of damage to the leaf:

3258661979_1f3e03d948.jpg

This one is a 7 pod. It is a survivor of the great kitty war of 2009 and it has battle scars to prove it. I think these are actually paw marks....stupid cat swatting at the plants through the cat fence.

3258662453_1135666280.jpg

Beaver dams

3258662881_f76601dfcd.jpg

NMSU Bhut Jolokia

3259497188_7c7f3b79fb.jpg

My retarded little competition fatalii. Don't worry, he's still busy stretching for the sprint to the finish. Tortoise vs hare thing here AJ lol

3258665623_89bf9aea6d.jpg

Cumari has her 1st true leaf forming

3259498110_687dca3ea4.jpg

Finally the freak. This guy is so cool, my little 4-cotyledon monster. From the top he looks like 2 complete seedlings growing side by side from the same stem. Which I guess he kinda is. If he turns out to be really cool, I'm going to clone him

3259495186_af0e57a0c9_b.jpg

3259493198_74d3428ac1_b.jpg

3258663915_bfd029b0eb_b.jpg

Looking really good Tx, what nutes are you using? I am planning on a coco grow here in the near future and wondering all my options.

Individual Fish pepper plants can have wildly different variegation. Some have it spread evenly, but some are very green on the lower branches, and almost white on the upper branches. You never know until it really takes off.

I'm using Hesi nutes I had left over from before. Thinking about switching to canna when I buy more.

lee said:
Nice looking plants!!

Awesome. Guess you pruned it!

Teach me :)

Nope, no pruning. That one started off with 4 cotyledons instead of the usual 2. :shocked: Tis just a freak of nature. I think i'm gonna clone him when he gets bigger if he continues this interesting growth habit.

It started off like this:
3177923079_be987729ec_o.jpg

Also, I've been thinking and I really really want to cross a fatalii with a lemon drop. Getting a bit ahead of myself but that's one of my goals for this season.

TX,

I really like the 4 cotyledon Perfume, and the goats weed has cool colors too. Did you start those Jolokia on 1/1 with everything else if so they popped up around 2/6?.... just curious thanks man, beuatiful plants I subscribed to this thread to keep up. I would threaten you with my Fatali contest entry but I don't even have a Fatali Seed..lol !!! but that won't stop me...lol... My peppers are growing so hot that the water steams when I water the plants ...(ROFL!)...

PeterPepperPicker said:
TX,

I really like the 4 cotyledon Perfume, and the goats weed has cool colors too. Did you start those Jolokia on 1/1 with everything else if so they popped up around 2/6?.... just curious thanks man, beuatiful plants I subscribed to this thread to keep up. I would threaten you with my Fatali contest entry but I don't even have a Fatali Seed..lol !!! but that won't stop me...lol... My peppers are growing so hot that the water steams when I water the plants ...(ROFL!)...

The bhut jolokias, naga morich and a couple others were started a bit later (jan 12th or later), can't remember the exact date. The popped a lot faster than i was expecting though, germinated them in a wet paper towel inside a baggie.

Back