• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Grow Log

Chocolate Habanero F1: By far the tallest chinense type I'm growing. Also the hairiest. Not sure what it crossed with, but some type of pepper with hair. Cause none of the other chinenses have any hair at all on the tops of their leaves. Nor anywhere near as hair a stem. It's doing the wrinkly leaf thing I was talking about in previous post too.

3304738753_2eaabcf080.jpg

T. Scorpion: This one was smaller than the 7pod last time I updated, now it's bigger.

3305567572_7aa8dc1655.jpg

7pod: Bigger leaves, but not growing as fast as the scorpion.

3305568206_2123990be1.jpg

Competition Fatalii: Finally starting to get going. Of course the competition plant would be growing slow as shit.

3305568782_524b9f0d81.jpg

3 Lemon Drops & an Atomic Starfish:
3304741245_84c9b52fac.jpg

I may be wrong but are they getting to much heat (or to much intense light ?), by the looks of it ? otherwise they look great.

in post #160 picture #2 is that normal for leaves ?

chilehunter said:
I may be wrong but are they getting to much heat (or to much intense light ?), by the looks of it ? otherwise they look great.

They were underneath fluorescents until about 4 hours ago.

what about my edit ?
in post #160 picture #2 is that normal for leaves ?

I'm still learning for some things, so I'm just wondering if this is kinda normal for chinense, or a result of alot of light or ?

I dunno if it's normal, but all my chinenses have always done it about this age. It's either normal or a slight calcium deficiency I believe. All my plants tend to have semi-f***ed up leaves as young plants, but then they all grow out of it.

good news on the new light TCG...all your plants look great...when do you think you will put them on your balcony?

just a question regarding your plants...

when did you start them ?

because i started my plants i would say on the 15th of janurary and they look nothing like that... they are still tiny little suckers...

great looking plants dude !

Hotpeppa said:
just a question regarding your plants...

when did you start them ?

because i started my plants i would say on the 15th of janurary and they look nothing like that... they are still tiny little suckers...

great looking plants dude !

Goats weed, chocolate hab, scorpion, 7pod, fish pepper, and beaver dams were started on Jan 1st. Fatalii on Jan 12th, everything else on Jan 19th.

Looking good Txcg.

You know the tomato plant would look a lot more impressive if you were taller than 3'2". :P

When do you plan on moving these guys into larger pots? I know the coco fiber is good stuff but roots need room to spread out right?

Good luck to you!

patrick said:
When do you plan on moving these guys into larger pots? I know the coco fiber is good stuff but roots need room to spread out right?

I'll probably keep them in these cups at least another week or two. In coco I like mine to be slightly rootbound before transplanting. I could keep them in these cups for awhile still, but I'd have to start watering multiple times per day.

I'm going to end up keeping probably 3-4 of the plants indoors under the HPS. Haven't decided exactly how i'm going to grow them, drip, flood & drain or what.

I am really impressed by the growth in the elapsed time TCG, you are a doing an excellent job taking care of those...I think you mentioned it earlier in your post but I said the ambient room temp around the plants was like 81 F before? is it the same now?...more? I know the 400 watt HPS will kick off some heat...careful the ballast dosent burn your carpet!... Looking great though I am going to keep up with this one!.

AlabamaJack said:
..when do you think you will put them on your balcony?

Hey you, down in Austin....HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO....you gonna answer me?... roflmao :lol:

PeterPepperPicker said:
I am really impressed by the growth in the elapsed time TCG, you are a doing an excellent job taking care of those...I think you mentioned it earlier in your post but I said the ambient room temp around the plants was like 81 F before? is it the same now?...more? I know the 400 watt HPS will kick off some heat...careful the ballast dosent burn your carpet!... Looking great though I am going to keep up with this one!.

The temperature was from when I was sprouting them and had them on top of my computer or in the greenhouse. Ambient temps are in the 70s to low 80s since they're just out in the open in my bedroom. Going to attach a fan to the light fixture this weekend and enclose the grow box.

AlabamaJack said:
Hey you, down in Austin....HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO....you gonna answer me?... roflmao :lol:

It's not the temps that worry me it's hours of light. My balcony faces east so I only get 4-6 hrs depending on season. I think I'm going to wait another few weeks now that I have this HPS light. I'm starting the first bug battle of the season and I don't know how nasty it's gonna get so that may stunt things a bit. If neem doesn't work I'll bring in the big guns

TCG...neem is good, but I found out that safer soap worked better for me last year than neem did...JMO...

Back