• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2010 Grow Thread Begins

I have had the same problem with some of mine Patrick. Didnt have any problems last year but then again, this is the first time using coco. Lets hope we have it figured out eh?

Time for a short update. I've got 39 seedlings so far. I've been starting more seeds every couple of days. All pretty much the same as my original list.

I had to expand my pvc frame to hold more lights too.
IMG_7333re.jpg

Got room for a few more lights when the time comes. I'll also be adding some reflective material in the next day or two.

I love doing this stuff.

Thanks Millman.

Do you mean room for all of them outside when the real growing begins? Yeah I have all kinds of room. I have decent sized front and back yards that get enough sun for plants to grow. I had 69 plants in pots last year and could have done many more it I had the ambition. I started this season wanting to stay around 50 but I'm afraid that's already gone.:oops:

Oh sorry millman. I'll have to split them up into other rooms but I should be fine. Last year I had three separate light frames set up to cover all of them. I had about 75 then.

I have an advantage that a lot of homeowners don't. No spouse to tell me what I can and cannot do.

Here's a list that identifies all of the seedlings so far:

Bhut Jolokia
CPI…….9
Saved from last year…..1
Chocolate B.J………….....1

Dorset Naga
Unk…………..4

Naga Morich
Hippy Seed Co……………3
Peter Pepper…………….3

Trinidad Scorpion
Hippy Seed Co………….1
Yellow CARDI……………3

Douglah
Josh (isold)…………….1

7 Pods
Brown………………2
Yellow………………2
Brain Strain……….1
Jonah……………….2
Primo……………….3
Barrackpore……..3
Unk………………….1

I too wil be spreading stuff all over my house....any room with sunlight will be occupied....who needs furniture or use of their "living room" anyways??

Did you get things figured out with the slow growth? Hopefully now with the true leaves showing more and more things take off.

Have you figured out what 'non-super hots' you're growing yet? Are you going to germinate them shortly or wait it out?

Ballz I think it's the cool evenings that are keeping the growth rate slow--down to 62F at night. Or perhaps I should knock the nutes up to 50% instead of 10%. I'm not in a hurry to see them gain a bunch of size anyway as i still have 4.5 months before the last frost date.

Still pondering the non super hots, don't have to get them started until April or so. I'm thinking some Banana's, regular habs, and I've got a bunch of seeds I've traded for or people has just given me that I still need to go through. Appears I may exceed my original limit of 50. Ha!

patrick said:
Appears I may exceed my original limit of 50. Ha!

ha ha. It happens. I wanted to restarin myself to 10 different kinds (3 plants of each) but I'm now over 20. I think we have a problem!

You're killing me millman.

I've added some new seeds to the group, few more Douglah, some saved B.S. 7's, half a dozen of Chris's big Red Savina seeds and AJ's Trinidad Scorpion seeds from Trinnihotti. AJ says they're the hottest pepper he's ever had the pleasure of eating. That scares the hell out of me.

Patrick, you're gonna be having peppers like you have spiders. If his peppers do as well as his spiders, folks, he's gonna blow ya'll away. I wont accuse you of hording, this time, though. Patrick's Tarantula Ranch and Pepper Pasture will soon be a spot on the map! :rofl:

I'm thinking I got two more months grow season on ya- I'll be able to put mine out mid April- and they probably will be fine out of doors till mid October-some years, mid November.

your a wee bit farther north. But you've establshed your good at growing stuff.

"Patrick's Tarantula Ranch and Pepper Pasture", I like that Celeste. Good thing tarantula's don't eat peppers!

Time for an update. Had a couple of losses, some gains and have started to pot up a few into 20oz cups.

Here's a list of current seedlings:

Bhut Jolokia
CPI…….7
Saved from last year…..1
Chocolate B.J………….....2

Dorset Naga
Unk…………..6

Naga Morich
Hippy Seed Co……………4
Peter Pepper…………….2

Trinidad Scorpion
Hippy Seed Co………….2
Chris Yellow CARDI……………3

Douglah
Josh …………….3

7 Pods
Brown………………1
Hippy Yellow………………3
PRF Brain Strain……….2
Jonah……………….1
Primo……………….3
Barrackpore……..3
Unk………………….1

Total.................49

Here's a shot of the grow "table"

IMG_3990re.jpg

I found a hydroponics shop yesterday that carries more gardening products than I've ever seen. Stuff was every where and it's a good sized building. I picked up a couple of things while I was there. This is the first place in town that I've found that carries Pro Mix BX and after watching all you guys have great success with it I thought I would try it myself. I can't wait to get started!!

IMG_3997re.jpg

Ok, so you found it. The question is, how much did you pay for it? I have found it in town but the guy wanted 43.99 for a bale.

wow, look at that list. you growing all hotties, or just waiting till later for the mild ones to get started? man, you will be having some interesting salsa this year!

Don't you have the never ending supply of "pure" water outside right now? I walk 10 feet out the back door, take a couple of shovels of a drift, bring it inside, and melt it on the stove. Seems to work pretty well. I do plan on RO water here at the house. A magnet would attract a drop of my tap water...

It set me back an even $40 millman. Not the best price but it sure beats paying shipping charges if I ordered online. $17 for the worm castings and $19 for the perlite if anyone wants to know.

No need to start the mellow ones until April Celeste, they don't take as long as the superhots to produce.

I most certainly do have a never ending supply of "pure white" water just outside my door PT, never thought about it. Hhhmmm.

Back