• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Pepper Hauls

oldsalty said:
Yeah moruga welder and I give you exactly
attachicon.gif
defusable-clock-e1315406157628.jpg to apologize or we blowup your post!! :evil:
th-23.jpeg

I harvest often so I don't have a giant batch to show. But here's the small haul from today :)

Not all are pictured but what are in the pictures are Thai Hots, Wild Habaneros, Normal Habaneros, Normal Bhuts, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate. And the extra photo is of an extra mean looking Trinidad Moruga.   :fireball:

MacsI1p.jpg

X75ersG.jpg

251_zpswobosubc.jpg

Bonnets Galore !

I'm still getting plenty of Bonnets from the plants. Haven't watered in two weeks, the plants are getting a bath everyday from  the early morning fog.

Picked a couple of shopping bags worth today for a local Caribbean joint..........Drinks, Dinner..........and some Dough............makes the grow even more worth while.

Ending my first season with ya'll.  Thanks for all of the great advice!!

I refused to read glogs and such all summer to give me something to do this winter while waiting for seeds to pop.

I will be traveling, so we took our final harvest this weekend.  I will attempt to overwinter a few plants.

Before:
5EC5C184-185B-4224-8E67-C72B883E7F91_zpsziqyrp7a.jpg

After:
D285F060-72B5-4A44-B12A-E1E53F72C1B4_zpsnwgtptan.jpg

The final haul:
3C1176CE-21BC-4632-8950-7635E64A3424_zpsyl8wpfwr.jpg

550F96D0-8359-4AD6-80DE-E86D8BD4494E_zps8n69p8hb.jpg

I was thinking about doing a powder with all my green pods...has anyone tried that? I'm also thinking about canning some. The ones I have had have plenty of heat and taste pretty close to the fully ripe version. 

ColdSmoke said:
I was thinking about doing a powder with all my green pods...has anyone tried that? I'm also thinking about canning some. The ones I have had have plenty of heat and taste pretty close to the fully ripe version. 
I have not tried it but I would think a green powder would not have alot of flavor since it dosnt have all the sugars of ripened pods. canning is a good idea so is pickling them!  I like to use Alton Browns "Sorta Sours" refrigerator pickle recipe. I slice them first then use them on sandwichs.  I also like to make a verde sauce with white wine, very yummy.

Back