• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 pot/ pod (dodgy photos lol)

OK a few days ago I took some pics of my poor 7 pot. The dog snapped the main part of the plant off about a month ago but a lower branch has gone and flowered up nicely, the pods are not what I expected, all at this stage seem very long and pointy, it will be interesting to see if they fill out, the phot isn't the best but the skin does have that classic pitted look. I'm looking forward to these guys, its got real cool overnight here so I am hoping they will reach a good size.

28042008003.jpg

28042008002.jpg

Cool shape hey?
I'll keep you posted.

Mick

ps. the seeds were sourced from a private collector in Trinidad I believe.

Mods I couldn't access growing peppers?

its there just a the photo dosn't pic it up. give them a fortnight and I bet they look more like the 7s you see in other posts.

Yeah, the pics are a bit blurred, so it's probably hard to see the mean pimples. Try a few beers, you may see them then.....

Anyway, they look cool. Mine can't compete with them (yet :)), but summer hasn't even started up here...

the plant was about a foot taller and was doing great and then the dog decided to go mad and chew it almost to the ground, the plant you see is just one low branch of the nice healthy plant it used to be.
I had the dog put down....

I've never seen a 7 pod that looks like that at all. Hmmmmm...

I guess the taste test will be the tell all here. :) Good luck!

Chris

I know they are the real thing don't worry about that, I just think these few pods are at a interesting stage of pod development. My camera is shagged so I've been taking photos on a phone so the quality is right down which dosn't allow you guys tosee the pitted angry skin being formed. Anyhow these are the pods I'll be sending to Neil of HSC eventually....

I think in hindsight I should edit this to say I know that the seed that grew into this plant came from Trinidad and was to the best of my knowledge taken from a pod which had been isolated.

stillmanz said:
I know they are the real thing don't worry about that
How? I'm not sure even the people in Trinidad do. it's like a mythic name for an unusual hot chile. seems like everything in Trinidad gets crossed with everything.

yes I just edit my post above, what I ment to say was I have absolutely no reason to doubt the source of the seeds, and I 100% believe that this plant is a true Trini 7 pot/pod.

I was just looking at John Fs photo gallery and it looks more like his "scorpions" at this stage in development but like I said these pods are really young still give them time to get there final shape before we start throwing stones lol

Give it time,

Omri said:
How? I'm not sure even the people in Trinidad do. it's like a mythic name for an unusual hot chile. seems like everything in Trinidad gets crossed with everything.

it's not a very big place so I'm sure a lot of cross pollination occurs due to the great popularity of peppers - the bees don't have too work to hard there I'd say

stillmanz said:
yes I just edit my post above, what I ment to say was I have absolutely no reason to doubt the source of the seeds, and I 100% believe that this plant is a true Trini 7 pot/pod.

I was just looking at John Fs photo gallery and it looks more like his "scorpions" at this stage in development but like I said these pods are really young still give them time to get there final shape before we start throwing stones lol

Give it time,
A genuine Trini chile, just might not be what someone else will call a 7-Pot. with all the different crosses, endless strains exist.
It's as good as any other "7-Pot". not saying that yours is the weird one. they come in many weird shapes and sizes.
chilliman64 said:
it's not a very big place so I'm sure a lot of cross pollination occurs due to the great popularity of peppers - the bees don't have too work to hard there I'd say
Yes, absolutely. some 7-Pots might look more like scorpions and some like congo.
Chiliac said:
That leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation! :lol:
Yes, it does. :cool:

it's wierd it does'nt look like 7 pod at all ! the leaves are quite diferent than mine too but look cool!! save me seed if you can !! nice looking plant

QuebecFire said:
it's wierd it does'nt look like 7 pod at all ! the leaves are quite diferent than mine too but look cool!! save me seed if you can !! nice looking plant
That's what I was saying. there isn't a "7-Pot look"... the only thing agreed is the lumpy skin.

Last year I grew 7pot from two different sources from the West Indies, The one I got from Trini Looked like what Mick has the other from Tobago I believe was rounder no point. Both had the pimples and both very fragrant and exxxxx hot just my opinion.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Back