• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Potz Strain SMACKDOWN!!!!

Novacastrian said:
Hey thanks for the tip PRF, i have already been contacted by a fine member with an offer of seeds but the more the merrier!

Just thought you would like seed from the source, I didn't invent the 7 Pod but the Brain Strain is of my origination and seed. Maybe the fine member got the seed from me.:rolleyes:

Could be the case ;) Alright i will get into contact with JR and ask if he will part with some too!

Here's my 1.5 month old yellow in a DWC set up.
dwc.jpg

how did i miss this thread....

020409211635.jpg

020409170447.jpg

The first one grown in Oz, turned up mid-winter & had no seeds:

douglahwh0.jpg

This puts it in perspective,

0000954wq0.jpg

I ate it & have never been quite the same since lol

Awesome Douglahs Bent look exactly like the ones I grow. I ate a regular size pods last night on a baked potato and it was all I could do to finish the pod. Big time sweats and couldn't sit still, had to force myself to take the next bite. Felt it in my stomach all night and first thing this morning guess what. Got to wonder why we do this to ourselves. The 7 Pod is my vote for the world hottest chili over the Bhut Jolokia. More placenta puts it over the top.

Its the douglah on the top of the heap for me too, but I have 2 different kinds of red 7-pot, one grows bulbous, the other more pointed, naga shaped.

by the way they all laughed at the pathetic size of first doublah I ate when I said it did me over. Soon after I split the 2nd not much larger one 4 ways at a party. I was duly vindicated. It's a whole other world.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Awesome Douglahs Bent look exactly like the ones I grow. I ate a regular size pods last night on a baked potato and it was all I could do to finish the pod. Big time sweats and couldn't sit still, had to force myself to take the next bite. Felt it in my stomach all night and first thing this morning guess what. Got to wonder why we do this to ourselves. The 7 Pod is my vote for the world hottest chili over the Bhut Jolokia. More placenta puts it over the top.

Cappy, I agree, but I don't even think the extra placenta matters IMO. I just eat the outer portion of both and there is no comparison. I can handle Bhut, Dorset or Bih fine. The 7 Pot scares me and I can only eat the smallest sliver without discomfort. The 7 Pot isn't just a little hotter, it's a lot hotter. I'm drying all mine this year and I basically have a lifetime supply in one growing season.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hey Nova talk with JungleRain he just received seed from me this week. He should have a few to spare for you.;)

Hey Nova, I just saw you need some Brain srain PM on the way...

Well, let me contribute here. :) One from Philliperv. He said it's the hottest thing he ever put in his mouth. I'll say, it's damn hot too!! Not the typical looking 7 Pot, but I'm retaining the name. The plant has a cool growth habit too. FYI, I believe my peppers closely resemble those he grew so it's not a cross.

Chris

P1080192.jpg

P1080196.jpg

Hey Bent the seeds that you sent me are killer. I planted 6 (cuz i gave some away) and as of today 5 have germed. Who said these were hard to grow!!

Oh yeah i still getta giggle from that wee leeeetle pod, haha!

Back