"A Weber like never before."

I think they busted their ass BIG TIME!
Even the rep there wasnt "Hard Selling"........ kinda like selling a Honda to a freshman college kid :crazy:
Really pissed me off,I WAS looking for a small porch cooker well under the BGE royalty
Offered to buy the demo after the event for $500 Cash(in hand) and was denied LOL(assholes)

I know I'm late to the game but this "Not so new" Weber grill now is way over priced. I know a few people that have them and they are nice, but no that nice. Ill take my $30 (Craigslist score brand new!!)  22.5" kettle any day of the week. If I need backup, I got a 2 rack UDS and a 1 rack Big Poppa Smoker EDS ready to roll at a moments notice.

To each their own though. If someone one wants one bad enough, they will pay for it. Not this guy though.

They do buy the Eggs though . . . . . .just saying . . . . . .
I personally dont see it,yes the "eggs" are the most forgiving cook systems in decades
If my meat sucks,its because I sucked and I cook in old iron vessels from the 1950's for the "stellar effect"
Other wise my 4 cook surface cheap-oh from Sam's gets me thru the quick stuff(only $400 so what can I say)

OH!!!
I use wood and match's too,yes real wood and real match's,STICK MATCH's to the front!!

I would love to use a stick burner. I would use a leaf burner to light it but would love to use wood. I do use wood in my coal baskets but not 100% wood.

I agree with you. If my food sucks, it;'s not the cooker, it was me. And cast iron, my kitchen is full of it. i love the stuff! :-)

Besides my 2 UDS drums I have and my kettle, I do have a VERY cheap 2 burner gas grill that never gets used. I just junked a 4 burner gas grill to use the cart for one of my drums.

Cant touch Old School
You just cant get there from here,I dont care how bad ass you are on gas or glass tops
WOOD & FIRE and simple temp control thru proper venting are always game winners
SURE . . . . . .the new sht works and werkz damn good(to good)
Legit sht comes without modern crutchs that compensate for the lack of time trials and failures
We in the US kinda sorta built a great nation on the same values and perseverance.
I guess eggs sunk this country . . . . . . :rofl: :rofl: ;)

I really hate new school stuff. I don't use any temp control gadgets or anything. I use toothpicks and tongs. I do use a thermo pop on poultry just because.i love old school and I'm only 43. I just don't see the need for all this dang new fangled stuff. BUT,. I love my weed burner.

My 24 piece cast iron set is well over 100yrs old(in the family)
Likely acouple decades older from my mothers understanding
Its crusty on the outside but slick as a minnows pecker on the working side
Iron rules in the kitchen

This grill of a lifetime should have been called The Fly. Don't they live for one day? :lol:

I do have a meat temp stick
But it mostly "confirms" :rofl: :rofl:

DjPorkchop said:
I really hate new school stuff. I don't use any temp control gadgets or anything. I use toothpicks and tongs. I do use a thermo pop on poultry just because.i love old school and I'm only 43. I just don't see the need for all this dang new fangled stuff. BUT,. I love my weed burner.

TNKS said:
My 24 piece cast iron set is well over 100yrs old(in the family)
Likely acouple decades older from my mothers understanding
Its crusty on the outside but slick as a minnows pecker on the working side
Iron rules in the kitchen
Wow man that is awesome! I had a complete set that belonged to my grandmother but circumstances in life years ago left me homeless for a very short term and I had no one to care for them for me so I had to sell them. I was terribly upset. The ones I have now are all Griswald and good but not like my old ones. My favorite is the #12 for fried chicken and the dutch oven. I have made some awesome cobblers in the fire coals with it.

Got to run for the night. Take care!

hahaha was hoping i could drag this out more 
face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye.png

That's actually one thing it is not but okay

Back