"A Weber like never before."

grantmichaels said:

If you search  THP for it, I've posted better one's in the past ...

That's what you get while I'm working =)

I think you can figure it out, regardless ...

No translational forces ...

Up, and down ...
Thanks for posting it, I'll stick tot he corn meal as I like what it does on the crust any way :) 

Me too, but they are mutually exclusive ...

If your dough isn't sticking, that's great ...

I was using a 00 dough with much higher hydration, that's tacky as all get out, and the cooks were sub-minute ...

grantmichaels said:
Unnecessary if you've already got a kamado, I agree ...

I have a fauxmado ... the Akorn ...

Ah not bad, was looking at those the other day for something a bit more "portable" lol

I dont mind taking my XXL Egg tailgating with my buddies, but something about lifting that much fragile money over your shoulders gets sketchy sometimes haha

The Akorn works well ...

I don't have a ceramic so I can't compare ...

I can say it's extremely frugal in terms of fuel compared to a Weber, and holds a nice steady temp with the Party Q ... even low one, like 205F, where I like to start my smoking ...

grantmichaels said:
The Akorn works well ...

I don't have a ceramic so I can't compare ...

I can say it's extremely frugal in terms of fuel compared to a Weber, and holds a nice steady temp with the Party Q ... even low one, like 205F, where I like to start my smoking ...

Yes my 4-5 hours baby backs I never have to touch besides turning them over and its a steady 225-250 * with plenty of more cooking time left. I'm going to do some pizza on it this summer and crank it up to 700* plus.   :)

Did a local gig today,guess who the guest of honor was . . . . . . .
Summery . . . . . . its a $300 rig at best,(IMO)Im sure it will do most of the zillion they "say it will"
But clearly after finger printing the device in real time,its not an egg or anything close
Obamacare seriously comes to mind with all the marketing and final product
Disappointed ? yes
The guy with the big block Chevy motor grill took best food of the day LOL!

You can't judge it by the results in a comp, that's like expecting the photographer with the most expensive camera to win a photography contest.

I'm not seeing them appear ... would be curious about their sales data ...
The Hot Pepper said:
You can't judge it by the results in a comp, that's like expecting the photographer with the most expensive camera to win a photography contest.
Not seeng cooks from them on FB, Vortex forum, or really anywhere ...

Putting finger prints on a unit is not "taking pics"
I found nothing "heavy duty" aka: price
Not that I agree with the BGE price ladder,but clearly Weber is pushing ObamaCare to the Q Nation
Not "junk", well built but not that well built

Ill stick with simple skill,good wood and heat control anyday ;)
Working on getting a cooker built from a 1950's propane tank(200 US gal)
13/16" US made solid steel.......I see great things coming in  dome top,rat rod cooker :party:  for under $500USD
The Hot Pepper said:
Likely cause people like me put finger prints on them and walked away . . . . . . :shh:

grantmichaels said:
I'm not seeing them appear ... would be curious about their sales data ...

Not seeng cooks from them on FB, Vortex forum, or really anywhere ...

I hear ya these were aimed at weekend warrior dads but it seems it may not have taken off as expected. That's also the BGE crowd and they had to try to sway the indecisive. BGE has really good "word of mouth" like a good whiskey with no commercial. Weber needed the viral campaign and the gadget factor to be the "iPhone" of the bunch.

Very strange as before, they were very much word of mouth and 0 hype. 

Their market research told them weekend warriors DO spend big bucks on grills, and they were losing out to BGE and others, so they built one to compete with BGE, and failed, I guess.

Back