• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AeroGro hydroponics shop indoor grow

I have ordered the new carolina reaper from Pepper Joe and thought I would start a grow log.

Since I'm waiting to recieve the seeds and germinate them, I will show everyone the peppers I currently have growing.

IShU7.jpg

From left 2x banana; 2x TSBT; 1 Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga; 2x banana ( seeds from Pepper Joe)
JpDPb.jpg

TSBT; Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga

The next plants were started from seeds given to me by a customer.
UN7ac.jpg

Don't remember how old they were in this pic.

Here are some pics of these guys around 3 months.
gk1QG.jpg
w4COC.jpg
ZBsRm.jpg
X0j12.jpg

I'm new to growing peppers, so I have no idea what types of peppers these are lol.

If anyone lives near Champaign, IL I will have extra seedlings and pods (when they're ready) for free.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Really awesome progress! Do you have any experience growing peppers with a DWC? I know that in theory aeroponics is better but I wanted to know if you had any real world results.

Wow.....I don't know how I missed this one, Nice photos with excellent progress. It goes to show those in disbelief that you can produce peppers indoors.. Good luck through the rest of the grow...
Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you found this glog.

Really awesome progress! Do you have any experience growing peppers with a DWC? I know that in theory aeroponics is better but I wanted to know if you had any real world results.
I have had great success with dwc growing peppers and they are fairly easy to take care of. Your main concern is keeping water temp in the bucket cool under the lights.
Aeroponics will grow your plants faster, but it is very tough to take care of. All the tiny sprayers will clog (especially with any organic or thick nutrients) so you are always checking and replacing/cleaning them. Other than the cloning system I use that is aeroponics I think they are more hassle than benefit for anyone but the more advanced hydro grower.

All that growth under the bhut has decided it doesn't want to hide any more. Leaves are starting to be pushed up by the new growth.
siXqw.jpg

Side view.
KZfeZ.jpg

My 7 pot is growing almost as nice as the bhut it is 2-3 weeks younger.
VivAw.jpg

My banana just wants to grow peppers it is around 8 weeks.
sULbc.jpg

The top of the plant is full of flowers. Why can't superhots grow this fast?
hxrvM.jpg

I have changed over from sensi grow ph perfect to sensi bloom ph. Hopefully the plants like the bloom as much as they did the grow.

Thanks for looking.
GO CARDINALS!!!

Have to get my mind off that baseball game, so I took some new pics.

2n47a.jpg

2VuAD.jpg

Peter Pepper looking healthy.
Qkp57.jpg

7 Pot growing as nice as the Bhut.
WdHaX.jpg

Yellow Bhut all I can say is wow.
YG7yF.jpg

My first super hot flower from the Bhut, I think the plant is around 9 weeks.
koXPo.jpg

JujVn.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Wow! One of your plants at 7 weeks looks amazing. Kinda worried I wont be able to handle a half dozen plants through the winter now. I'm in an apartment and have limited space, so I'm keeping them in rapid root pods for the time being. I'll eventually move them into small 1gal and 2gal smart pots. A friend of mine started a small Hemp company and she sells this hemp kitty litter which is basically just chopped/shredded hemp. She gave me a little less than a half pound to mix into the soil. I'll report back how that works out on my GLOG.

From the looks of it, you're using the Gold Bottle nutes.... Those are the Dutch Master nutes right? I went ot a hydro shop that was closing out here, and this guy came barreling in and grabbed the last two bottles, the big ones, a couple gallons each I think, and a CO2 tank. I asked him what he thinks of those nutes and he couldn't have been happier. The CO2 got me thinking... perhaps the same methodology can be applied to peppers. We'll see. This is my first grow so I'm gonna try to experiment a little bit. I'll have some outdoor, an indoor or two, small plants as gifts, and some that will get all these stupid nutrients so I can figure out what works best.

Thanks!!!
I am quickly running out of room lol. I have these plants in 3 quart containers at the moment. I need to transplant them asap into larger pots, but I sold all my coco and my shipment won't come until Wed.

I've never heard of using hemp, will be interested in seeing the results. I wonder how the water retention and ph will be using it. I will keep an eye out in your glog.

I always use the gold nutes in dwc, I like their zone which helps with stopping bacteria. I don't like it so much in a soiless medium since you want the beneficial bacteria in the medium.

I like Advanced nutrients for soiless mediums and they have a Jungle Juice line that is very affordable. I think the new 2 part jungle juice which runs around 8$ per liter is pretty much the same as the old sensi grow that was replaced with the new ph perfect.

I moved 4 of the plants into 7 quart pots from the 3 quart ones they were in. Only had a half a bag of coco left so some of the plants will have to wait until I get more in stock.

Here are the plants in the tent, I'm running the 400watt hps for 15 hrs.
AVT2d.jpg

back row: serano, peter, banana front row: peter, reaper, 7 pot

Plants under the T5 18 hrs.
8X7sY.jpg

Middle is Yellow Bhut, back row Reaper, 7 Pot front row: Butch T, Reaper

IkA8h.jpg

Roots from the yellow bhut.
vdQVJ.jpg

More pics of my bhut.
xhbCU.jpg

uADvb.jpg

SXoA1.jpg

Reaper
kcRCN.jpg

Butch T
JMBCG.jpg

7 Pot & part of my shoe.
LFPR8.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Thanks Dani!!!

Funny thing about me and photoshop, every time I try to edit in photoshop I want to break my computer. I'm a video guy so I'm used to using aftereffects, motion, final cut, etc. and I just can't figure out or have the patience to learn photoshop.

Thanks Dani!!!

Funny thing about me and photoshop, every time I try to edit in photoshop I want to break my computer. I'm a video guy so I'm used to using aftereffects, motion, final cut, etc. and I just can't figure out or have the patience to learn photoshop.

Thats funny, it's the exact opposite for me! Photoshop is really intuitive for me, but if I try using aftereffects and imovie I just get so frustrated because of my inability to do anything on them.

Lock, question for you and your video expertise. I've got a digital videocam, with my wedding ceremony on it, but it won't connect to my computer. iMovie won't recognize it. Any thoughts?

Thats funny, it's the exact opposite for me! Photoshop is really intuitive for me, but if I try using aftereffects and imovie I just get so frustrated because of my inability to do anything on them.
I guess it just depends which one you learn first, but damn it is frustrating.
Shows what you can do when you have the proper equipment. Those things are amazingly beautiful.
Thanks!!! These super hots are gorgeous plants, I had tomatoes growing in here all summer and they are just very ugly plants.

I got my first pod to show up over the weekend from the yellow bhut.
clUAD.jpg

Somehow I missed this one, my serranos are finally starting to turn colors. It seems like it took forever for them to start.
CQRpW.jpg

Had some people ask for updates in the reaper thread, so I thought I would update here too with all my varieties.

Starting with the ones in the tent.
lP1ze.jpg

KM3tG.jpg

Here is the reaper in a dwc.
c7VmE.jpg

F2CfH.jpg

7 pot in dwc
mftlh.jpg

llb5w.jpg

Got a good shot of a flower on the 7 pot.
2h8lC.jpg

Serrano in dwc, this guy is a few months older than the rest of my plants. I have cut it back a lot.
wkCT6.jpg

Tried to get a shot of all the pods, but they just blend in with the plant.
iRNMP.jpg

Just picked today, If I wait any longer they start to over ripen before they change colors.
vRlAg.jpg

Gonna need some help with a bump, got a lot more pics to share.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the bump, one 1 reaper looks amazing, will save that one for last.

Here is the smaller of the 2 Peters I have in coco. I put a five gallon bucket next to it for scale the best solution I could come up with.
QQqlY.jpg

063n1.jpg

Here is the bigger of the Peters, this one has tons of flowers and quit a few pods that started to show up this week.
ap8dE.jpg

byzkC.jpg

Here are the pods that have started.
nLzOW.jpg

tOvHh.jpg

That's all the pics I took of the plants in the tent.

Here are the guys under the T5.
SRfWe.jpg

9CWXH.jpg

I had a problem with some sort of fungus or rust spots on the BT and the smaller Reaper. I trimmed off the infected leaves and sprayed them down with safer spray. If that doesn't get rid of it, it will make it easy for me to decide which plants to get rid of to make more room.

Here are the pics of the 2 infected plants. Reaper left BT right.
hgvTu.jpg

4Svcs.jpg

I saved the nicest plants for last, I will gladly post them if I can get another bump.

Thanks for the bump!

Here is the 7 pot. The bamboo stakes are 4ft tall and the frame is 4'x4' so you can get a sense of their size.
1pjYA.jpg

SJFgm.jpg

Not sure if I even want to know how wide this guy would be if it wasn't supported. It is my favorite to look at now.

Next up is my Reaper that is healthy, this is the biggest of my plants now.
RBQmX.jpg

eVa5v.jpg

fDYOE.jpg

Tons of flowers and even more buds, but no pods yet.

Finally here is the Yellow Bhut, by far the healthiest plant I have she is a beauty.
GtsoQ.jpg

tw1GQ.jpg

gbp5r.jpg

Sorry for the different color tones. Depending on where I stand the camera will white balance for the red or blue spectrum.

Here is the only pod on the plant, hopefully more show up shortly.
AMg9k.jpg

Room for one more pic, so here is the base of the Yellow Bhut.
HeXMa.jpg

Thanks for the bumps everyone. Hopefully next update will have plenty of pod pics.
Scott

So I had to get rid of some plants. My fungus came back on the reaper and BT so I tossed those. I barely had room for them so it just made it easy for me to decide which to get rid of. I'm kind of sad about the BT cause I wanted to compare it to the reaper, life will go on I guess.

In the tent I got rid of the serrano to make room. The root mass on that plant was amazing it was drinking 2-3 gallons every 7-10 days.

Now the pics, first up is the ones in the tent.
7 pot, reaper, and 2x peter?
msDmt.jpg

Just wasn't any more room to keep the serrano.

Here are the peters (not sure if they really are) side by side.
f4A2q.jpg

The one on the right has no pods yet, but lots of flowers and the one on the left has 20+ pods which look nothing like the peter peppers I've seen pictures of. This is my 1st time growing them so maybe some of you guys can tell me if these pods look right.
lz3cu.jpg

r31wh.jpg

yZzyL.jpg

These are the bigger pods, but the newer smaller pods look the same.

Here is the 7 pot on the left and reaper on the right.
8pJS2.jpg

No pods yet but quite a few flowers that have been hand pollinated.

Here are the roots for the reaper, sorry about the pic quality. It was very difficult to hold the plant up with one hand and try to take a pic with the other.
iZCEA.jpg

Roots from the 7 pot.
OC0SF.jpg

Next are the plants under the T5.
Reaper, 7 pot and Yellow Bhut.
Rdtp8.jpg

rrfSt.jpg

Pod pics if I can get a bump.

Back