• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs 2009 Season Grow Log

very healthy looking plants Cheezy...I especially like the mustard hab...don't you just love the purple flowers...

yup...they guys are telling you right...just like an upside down fishing hook...

Just checked the tray this morning and had 9 more breaking the surface...total 13 out of 67 in 8 days...all Dorsets and Naga Morich..no Bhuts...(and no Fataliis yet :cry: )

NO fatalis yet for me either.

I just turned my crap-asstic dehydrator into a seed incubator to try and remedy that. No 7pots either yet.

I just have tupperware containers with water in the bottom holding my egg carton starting trays.

They are mucho caliente now!

Think I will go check them. Must resist grabbing a brew while I am down there......there will be much libation during the game tonight! Can't start now, too early.

(#20 U of L takes on #1 Pitt in 3 hours!!GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!)

just checked the babies and found 6 more hooks...

19 out of 67 in 8 days...have had 15 pop their little heads up today.... :P :P :cool:

All Nagas and Dorsets

01-19-09 05:30 CST

Tray 1 planted 09 January 2009 - 25 out of 67 sprouted (37.3 %)

Tray 2 Planted 12 January 2009 - 18 out of 72 sprouted (25%)

was going to plant trays 3 and 4 this past weekend but the nursery where I buy my supplies is out of Hoffmans Seed Starting Mix...I may have to go with Jiffy Seed Starting Mix. The thing I like about Hoffmans over Jiffy is the Hoffmans is lighter and a lot cleaner than the Jiffy.

yup...it sure is...

this morning 1st tray 34/67 (10 days) second tray 32/72 (8 days)

It is probably the truest statement I have made in a long time.

hey AJ,

are you using domes ?

Once you see the hooks, how long do you wait before you remove them from the dome and transplant them into bigger pots ? will the moisture in the dome once they sprout hurt them ?

Hotpeppa said:
hey AJ,

are you using domes ?

no sir, had a problem with mildew/mold last year and swore not to use them again....but you have to remember, I don't need them because of my germination setup...

Hotpeppa said:
Once you see the hooks, how long do you wait before you remove them from the dome and transplant them into bigger pots ? will the moisture in the dome once they sprout hurt them ?

I keep my seedlings in the seed starting tray until I see roots coming out of the bottom of the cells then transplant...about 2-3 weeks. Can't answer the question about moisture in the dome since I don't use them.

01-20-09

Tray 1 germination 10 days PM- 40/68

Tray 2 germination 8 days PM - 44/72

yw :)

01-21-09 AM

Tray 1 - 11 Days - 41/68

Tray 2 - 9 days - 46/72

Decided to make this my 2009 log

Planted a tray of bonnets....all for sure chinense except maybe mine from 2008....the seeds were much larger and may be a Jamaican Hot Yellow or Red

12 Scotch Bonnets (Tomato Growers)
12 Scotch Bonnets (Amish Heirloom)
12 Scotch Bonnets (Foodarama)
12 Jamaican Scotch Bonnets (Peppermania)
12 Scotch Bonnets (My Seeds)
12 Chocolate Scotch Bonnets (Peppermania)

012109b002.jpg

Back