auction Alphanerdz Charity Auction

Update:

Alex went into theatre (i think he's playing Hamlet) to finally pin his right femur this morning which should enable him to move a bit on his own & maybe even a wheelchair ride very soon.

Still haven't heard news of the outcome which is unusual.

He's back & feeling good

He's been told that if he can scoff down more protein food etc then they might not need to have the tube after tonight

Vascular surgeon says they expect to do 3 or 4 more calf clean-outs, so that's at least another week or 10 days. Also he has another week of hyperbaric to do.

Thats great news mate, clean out's don't sound fun but he is a strong lad by the sound of it.

Thanks for the update and assure him that he the well wishes of many of many people.

Novacastrian said:
Thats great news mate, clean out's don't sound fun but he is a strong lad by the sound of it.

Thanks for the update and assure him that he the well wishes of many of many people.

Ditto. Wishing him our best here in the states too. Long road, hard journey, but keep your eyes on the prize and don't look back until you cross that finish line.

Hi Bent

I have just seen this thread. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I lost my 9yr old brother to a car accident 12 years ago so am at least happy to hear your nephew is alive. I do hope he recovers fully and can lead the life and career he wanted too. Please send my wishes.

I can't afford those bids but would like to chip in a bottle of Smokey Jolokia Original and a bottle of Smokey Jolokia 2 if it isn't too late? Just PM me your addy.

Good luck with the auction and I believe in good karma too.

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
Hi Bent

I have just seen this thread. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I lost my 9yr old brother to a car accident 12 years ago so am at least happy to hear your nephew is alive. I do hope he recovers fully and can lead the life and career he wanted too. Please send my wishes.

I can't afford those bids but would like to chip in a bottle of Smokey Jolokia Original and a bottle of Smokey Jolokia 2 if it isn't too late? Just PM me your addy.

Good luck with the auction and I believe in good karma too.

It's not too late at all Wildfire, will send you a PM with the details.

Thanks again

~bent

RECAP

The Prize:

-2 x jars of Black Dog
-A bottle of 'pain' (last bottle of the most recent batch)
-The last existing jar of 'chronic pain'
-200 Billyboy Douglah seeds
-Reznatla. by LordV
-Colon Cleaner by LordV
-The Last Bottle of the 1st ever batch of THSC's Skobiyan
-A Pack of THSC's Pepper Pepper
-The first and only batch in existence Stillmanz Quadraphonic competition sauce
-And a bottle of last years Hot Pepper Award for Best Sauce {out of stock} - Stillmanz Devils Tongue Jerk Sauce
- A bottle of Chillimans Ghost Pepper Sauce from http://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/id62.html
- a bottle of Smokey Jolokia Original and a bottle of Smokey Jolokia 2 from Wildfire

As is usual I'll pay the postage to the winning bidder anywhere in the world.

Top Bid {still at} = US$350

Auction ends 7/12/09

Also

20 Douglah seeds to any donation over $20 made to paypal username contact@alphanerdz.com

----------------------------

Now I don't need to tell you, If you've ever wondered why Oz sauciers are taking the world by storm or what the best sauce-makers of Oz come up with in this drought/storm/fire/flood environment - this is the definitive collection.

Seriously this is the only time you'll get this collection together as many are one-offs, out of stock or simply not for sale. Sorry MJ, but 'THIS' is really 'it'!

So who can up the 350?

That's a heck of a package you've been able to assemble, kudos to everyone that has contributed!

Can't believe there aren't more bids...

This just in from my sister:

Alex has had a pretty good week. He now has a custom made splint for his right leg, this is to help him keep the foot upright so his Achilles tendon remains properly stretched. He has a fibreglass caste on the left ankle. Today’s vascular surgery will also include the first skin graft – this is to start patching him up starting with the right thigh where they replaced his artery. He has also started on some physio and his appetite has improved greatly. His surgeon told Tim yesterday that he is winning – of course... he always wins...

Yesterday and this morning he got onto an Oxford Chair, this starts flat like a bed, but he can then sit it up, and we were able to wheel him around the hospital a bit. Yesterday we took him to all the windows on our floor, so he could see where he is – the roads around the hospital, some sky, trees and the local hills. This morning we found a terrace on the sixth floor and he actually got to sit outside in the fresh air (well city air, not as fresh as Rock Ridge but it’ll have to do for now). Unfortunately the skin graft today means that he will be kept in bed for the next few days, but that’s ok.

SMLDSCF6806.jpg

Thanks

He is still to have highs and lows but it's really good to see he can spend time outside and break to bore of the hospital room!!!!

In that situation, a change is as good as a holiday.

Glad to see things are still looking good

Back