auction Alphanerdz Charity Auction

Great to see the auction went well, congrats to NoVa Hothead!

And good to see Alex is recovering well, better than expected. Let's hope this continues!

From someone that had to spend 6 weeks in hospital with a similar injury, hang in there mate, get ALL the sponge baths you can -- just not from the male nurses!

RS

The parcel is on its way NoVa Hothead. enjoy :)

UPDATE on Alex

I have the most exciting news to share with you all.

We have just been told that we may be able to get Alex home by Xmas. This will depend on how his final skin graft (taken on Friday) goes, and that we are all happy with his pain relief, but it all looks very promising.

He still has a week of HBOT and we will not know the final outcome of the feeling/function of his leg until nerves have re-built themselves and physiotherapy of course. But wow if we can get home for Xmas that’ll be the best present any of us could wish for.

Tim will hopefully be home for a few days at the end of next week to start organising the renovations on the downstairs room so it’s ready for Alex’s return, the hospital cannot release him unless we have a suitable place for him to go to.

-------------------------------

thanks again everyone for your care & support

That is great news Bent. I am so happy for Alex and the rest of your family, it's so much better to be home for the holidays. His recovery also sounds very promising too. Tell him all of us here on THP are pulling for him.

That sounds so wrong PF!! Funny but wrong :lol:

As PF was saying that is great news guys, if he can be home for christmas it would lift his spirits to no end. It would suck being in there when you are supposed to be spending time with the family. Best wishes with the graft, healthy lad like Alex should be fine with the healing.

hehehe, you said "pulling", "rooting" would have had the same effect! Just trans-lingal funny stuff, like fanny bags.

Tonight

Alex has had a great day. Which I guess means not much pain or else managing it well.
Also - they took out the catheter so he is now relatively a free man!! I think graft gets checked Wed & they take out the drain to vac pac, so that will
mean he's finished the major medical procedures. I'm assuming it then comes down to learning how
to use wheelchair & shower & toilet & that should be it. A great night tonight.

*cheers*

WOOHOOO Alex will leave hospital tomorrow & go to Rehab Centre closer to home in Cooroy. YIPPPEEEEEE

ALSO!!!! Yesterday Alex was fed up with no physio for 4 days so decided to test himself out again with the walking frame. Made several short trips (to passage, toilet, shower) by himself & no real hassles at all. Mighty pleased with himself & so great for confidence.
I'm guessing he might only need a few days at rehab to learn a range of new exercises, but we'll have to wait & see.

No good deed goes unpunished!

Seems the parcel hasn't reached Nova Hothead - it was posted on the 14th Dec & left Australia on the 18th - hasn't been seen or heard of since.

spewin.

Anything sent during the holidays that goes by Air Mail takes about 30 days. If it goes by ship, it can be up to 3 months. Hopefully you went air with that.

Do they still do sea mail coming this way? The US doesn't do it anymore, it's all air mail.

Back