auction Alphanerdz Charity Auction

Yeah that's what I meant, surface mail. US does air mail only now they got rid of surface mail. I guess going the other way some countries still use ships.

Hope it gets there.

Yeah I still hold out hope. A Normal parcel is quoted as taking 9 working days, Ive had a few take a week longer but have never lost a parcel. Given mail strikes, bad weather, holidays & the crazy amount of mail this time of year it's hard to tell when a long wait is too long.

Am starting to piece together an alternative parcel in my head, I'll be making another batch of 'pain' by the end of the month & maybe a few 'pain2' as well. The boy "found" some jars of Black Dog he was using in a shop game with the neighbours kids & monopoly money. I have Douglah seeds {thanks BB}. Wish I could say I could refund but all the money raised went to paying one day of rehab.

How long do we wait?

As a worker for the United State Postal Service, I will tell you in the 22 years of working for them, I have never seen it is bad as it was this year. I would give it to the end of this month, and hope that Washington, DC Customs has it for inspection. Heighten security in the nations' capitol sometimes delays suspect packages for a number of reasons. I would say be patient for now, and not worry about it. If by the end of the month it still hasn't been received, go file a claim for the lost parcel and hope it can be tracked down.

bentalphanerd said:
Am starting to piece together an alternative parcel in my head, I'll be making another batch of 'pain' by the end of the month & maybe a few 'pain2' as well. The boy "found" some jars of Black Dog he was using in a shop game with the neighbours kids & monopoly money. I have Douglah seeds {thanks BB}. Wish I could say I could refund but all the money raised went to paying one day of rehab.

How long do we wait?

bentalphanerd said:
Thanks for the first hand knowledge Buddah

No problem Bent. I am sure it will turn up just fine. You do know though that I live in the same town of Leesburg, so this could just be a distraction technique. :P

Hey Bent...Please reserve 2 bottles of of each ( Pain and Pain 2) for me ;) I have been going through withdraws ever since licking the bottles clean. :lol:

Tell me it's insured! At least the online auction is documented for proof of value.

Or maybe it's not offered internationally with regular mail since it's handled by many gov'ts. This is why FedEx and UPS are better for international packages of value.

thehotpepper.com said:
Tell me it's insured! At least the online auction is documented for proof of value.

I don't know how Australia works, but when you send a package insured in the US to overseas, you can't insure it for much at all. So even if it is insured, it would be hard to get the money back. Not to mention, the value is probably not appraised, so it is usually can not be assigned to a set price by an auction. Let us just hope it arrives safe and sound, and not panic if it is another week or so.

If it's lost we'll try to figure it out. I'm sure the hot sauce makers can duplicate a lot of it or offer something more.

I'd give it 6 weeks max.

If it is registered then it covers for up to $100 value. If the package is worth more then you just pay a few bucks extra for another $100 insurance and so on. I never send anything overseas anymore without it.
I think you should be able to track it too if it is registered.

Party time! I had a feeling it was just slow. Though I sent a box to NJ once full of hot sauce and it never got there!

Back